Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: Shysterhood page finally up on Amazon US!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

JustSomeGuy wrote:Bush?
Nah, there's no oil involved, can't be Bush.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Did anyone else see where the Jamis guy whose comment got deleted was whining over on FB? :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

I didn't think KJAs idiotic plot ideas could shock me anymore but the fact he's may be bringing back his Jar Jar as part of the origin of the Mentats did shock me. He literally wants to rewrite Dune with his down creations. And he's getting away with it. He has no respect for Frank Herbert's legacy and the Herbert "family" (what a joke that is) is consenting to this rape of the legacy of his literary masterpiece just so none of them have to get a real job.

Mark my words. He already set the stage when he had that moronic notion that DUNE was Irunlan's book and propaganda and not the real story from what I've seen about Paul of Dune. The Herbert's are going to let him write "The Real Story of Dune" one day. Completing his assassination of Frank Herbert's legacy.
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."
Frank Herbert by Tim O'Reilly
http://tim.oreilly.com/herbert/

Ghanima said. "We Atreides go back to Agamemnon..."
Distracted, Irulan asked: "Who's Agamemnon?"

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

WTF? A BG forgets the Titans?! :)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

ahhh ... fresh rage ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
trang

Post by trang »

KJA is a fucking literary Terrorist......grrrrrr
Does he leave a heat trail when he goes dicta(head)hiking?
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

SandRider wrote:ahhh ... fresh rage ....
Not fresh. Its been there since I bought the hard cover of House Atreides when It came out. Mostly it was disappointment with the House series.

The rage if that's what you want to call it came when I found out what they did with Hunters/Sandworms in perverting the end of the HoD & CHD trilogy along with the retconning of Dune itself with those Paul/Winds books.

Also, I never knew there was a board that shared these feelings about the post-Frank books along with the love of Frank Herbert's books.
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Sardaukar Capt wrote:Also, I never knew there was a board that shared these feelings about the post-Frank books along with the love of Frank Herbert's books.
Mostly love. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I never knew there was a board that shared these feelings about the post-Frank books

well now, there is the "Official Corporate Dune Forum" - I hear they are very receptive to the opinions
of the "old-Dune Fans" to the "New, Improved Dune" books, because everyone Over There cares deeply
about Frank, Dune, and all the Dune Fans, and are committed to publishing the highest quality
writing possible, with ideas and story-arcs that accurately continue Frank Herbert's Vision ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, goddamn ....

as soon as I clicked "submit" on that post,
my dick fell off ... good thing I wasn't using
it anyway, huh ?
ImageImage

Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

Freakzilla wrote:
Sardaukar Capt wrote:Also, I never knew there was a board that shared these feelings about the post-Frank books along with the love of Frank Herbert's books.
Mostly love. :wink:
Oh for sure I'm here for the love of Frank, not just to spew some bile at the idiots.

I got interested again in McDune since there was a new one coming out and I had vain hopes they might turn a corner but its looking like they haven't. The sad thing its it got me inspired to pick up Machine Crusade to try and finish it but was quickly reminded why I put it down a few years ago to begin with. Part of me wants to finish this Legends series to see just how bad its going to turn out. Its one reason I found this forum and have vented some about them.

Another part of me just wants to again read all 6 real Dune books from the beginning and annotate the books with my thoughts since I have the ebooks. One more try with Machine Crud before I finally give up I think :)

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

anyway tho, what I meant by "fresh rage" was a reference to the "OH Stages of Grief" -

first - absolute bewilderment and disbelief .... alot of "What the FUCK?" & "Are you fucking kidding me?"

second - bargaining .... trying to reconcile the bag of dumb-ass you just read with Frank's Dune; esp. with "McDune7",
because, hell, they're saying this story was straight from "Frank's Notes for Dune 7" ... so ... and anyway, it is
Frank's son's name on the cover, so even if Brian didn't really do much (or any) of the actual writing, he
was still in on the process, and must have approved all this, and a son wouldn't intentionally deviate
so far from the "masterpiece" of his father, who's Legacy he's entrusted with, and ... uh ...

third - betrayal (followed closely by rage) ... the inescapable conclusion that these ass-clowns are either flat-out
LYING ABOUT THE NOTES or were too fucking stupid to understand the "Notes" OR understood the "Notes"
and consciously decided on the inane details of the "McDune7", despite their obvious contradictions to Frank's Dune,
crashes down and fills you with insane, impotent rage ....

at this point, the latent Orthodox Herbertarian may jump onto the net, looking for blood and answers - the logical first
stop would be the "Official Corporate Dune Forum" ....

first post:
oh hai, guis !
Imma just wondering if somebody could explain to me all the things in these new books that don't
make sense when compared to things in the old books ... also, I looked around this site, but couldn't
find where you've posted the "Notes and Outline" ... I'd really like to read those for myself ....

and that'd be the last post, too ... on the next log-in attempt, you'll discover you've been IP-blocked,
and attempting to log-in from a different machine, you'll find your password has been changed ....

four - serious rage ....
five - stumble into the Cast-Out ....
six - relief .... finding a brotherhood ... turns out you were not the only person in the whole world who's
gotten seriously bent out of shape over some science-fiction books ...
seven - (most important): VENTING .....

now, the Healing can begin ....
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

for future reference, after the heartplug is pulled on the "Great Schools 'Trilogy'",
and teh Keith claims it was never intended to be a "trilogy" (per-say), and anyway,
Brian wanted to move away from the pre-Butlerian Jihad period and do the thing
about the "skipped over" years of the Fremen Jihad, when Stilgar and the Secret
Ghola of the first Leto II went to that forest planet and trained up the native
species (cute & cuddly yet mega-deadly and ferocious teddy-bear-looking things)
to fight Feyd Rautha's Secret Twin Brother,and ..... uh .... fuck, I just can't make
up this kinda shit anymore ....
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Is that Hoth?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

@SandRider: I didn't see those stages before :) that was great. And pretty much what I went through lol.

--------

@Freakzilla: I got a Space: Above & Beyond vibe when I saw that cover. And don't give the idiots any ideas. I'm a bit surprised Hoth hasn't shown up yet... but then again I'm stuck in the middle of the Legends series so maybe it has since the hack likes to rip off Star Wars things for these McDune books.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

And don't give the idiots any ideas.
Nothing I could come up with would even come close to the defilement they've already done.

I'm just not that creative.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

check out the Tomahawk missiles under the nose of that thing ...

so yeah, after the disbelief & rage & so forth, the Healing begins when
you realize what a fucking joke Keith is, "professionally", personally, everything -
he becomes the literal definition of a "laughing-stock" .... also, and related, the
concern over "Frank's Legacy" and the reputation (for want of a better word)
of Dune itself has not actually been "harmed", not in the Real World, any way ...
nobody of any importance or consequence takes the McDune seriously, at all,
Keith is the least-respected "writer" in the field, and the Living Herbert Parasites
are regarded as just that ... cash-cow milkers ....

and after engaging them in "debate", the pretards & Anderclones turn out to be
the worst kind of mouth-breathing juvenile-adult fan-boys ... McDune "fans" are
as much of joke (and as inconsequential) as Keith, Brian, and the McDune itself ...

now here's the fun part - after realizing all this, getting over the rage & so forth ...
KEITH DOESN'T STOP !! it's fucking beautiful, man ... that shitheel keeps right on
twitting and blagging, it's a veritable smorgasbord of daily potential mocking, and
every now & then they toss out another McDune (each mo' stupid than the last,
turning in increasingly pitiful sales records) and that's just plain good entertainment ...
ImageImage

Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

@SandRider: Have you waded through all the McDune books so far for laughs or did you give up at some point?

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:Is that Hoth?
:clap: :lol: :clap:
I think it is!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Makes sense, Keith fucked up Hoth too.

Seriously.
Wookieepedia wrote:The group is attacked by a pack of Wampas, led by the same Wampa Luke dismembered several years ago.
This is from the book Darksaber where:
Wookieepedia wrote:Lemelisk starts construction on the cylindrical superlaser, which he calls the "Darksaber" for its shape is similar to the hilt of a lightsaber.
Hmm, so do I count as a griefer if I post this here to keep the rage alive?

Never forget, Never forgive.

Justice:
Wookieepedia wrote:Darksaber peaked at number three on the New York Times Bestseller list. Nevertheless, fans in TheForce.net consider it it to be one of the worst Star Wars novels ever, giving it a 5.97 average rating.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think most of KJAs sales are from people buying his books just to see how absurd they are.

It's like passing a car accident on the interstate.
~Pink Snowman
Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

Freakzilla wrote:I think most of KJAs sales are from people buying his books just to see how absurd they are.

It's like passing a car accident on the interstate.
That's the reason I can't seem to put down Machine Crud for good. Its like I need to see just how mangled their vision of this era in Dune actually is. Thankfully the Battle for Cornhole and the other books after that I got for free recently so no more money from me to those assholes.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sardaukar Capt wrote:the Battle for Cornhole
:lol:

Seriously, do the titles for the whole series. :clap: :pray:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I got a chuckle out of that one, too.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

:D Nice.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:first - absolute bewilderment and disbelief .... alot of "What the FUCK?" & "Are you fucking kidding me?"
Don't forget dismay and disappointment, as in ... "Oh. They did that? Really? Damn, I thought these might be good ..."
SandRider wrote:now here's the fun part - after realizing all this, getting over the rage & so forth ...
KEITH DOESN'T STOP !! it's fucking beautiful, man ... that shitheel keeps right on
twitting and blagging, it's a veritable smorgasbord of daily potential mocking, and
every now & then they toss out another McDune (each mo' stupid than the last,
turning in increasingly pitiful sales records) and that's just plain good entertainment ...
Yeah, I've reached that stage, but keep slipping back into the rage thing. Partly because I'm periodically reminded how bad the Dune7 books really were, and partly because KJA reminds me of how much of a complete and utter shitheel he is every other week.
Sardaukar Capt wrote:Battle for Cornhole
Nice. I think that one will stick.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks