•          

Started reading The Battle for Corrin

Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Started reading The Battle for Corrin

Postby Kojiro » 06 Apr 2011 22:17

Nekhrun wrote:
    Ampoliros wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:...having to watch people like Neil Gaiman get paid $30,000 for a 1 hour speaking engagement.

Oh you mean like someone capable of independent and artistic creation? Someone who can write characters in MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION!

Careful, if kja reads this he's going to start writing about Paul running off to other dimensions as a youngster.

*Ba-dum-CHING!*
    Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
    -The Tleilaxu Question,
    from Muad'dib Speaks
    Kojiro

Postby SandChigger » 07 Apr 2011 01:06

JustSomeGuy wrote:A sandworm duel sounds pretty stupid, but I still think having Paul run off to join the circus takes the cake. I hope never to read the book in which that happened and so I'll ask again: Was McPaul a full-on circus performer or more of a carny/associate? Thanks in advance for any response.

Carny/associate. The actual performers are all face-dancers. But McPaul (liking that a lot, by the way! :lol: ) learned everything he knew about influencing crowds from the Jongleur master, Rheinvar the Magnificunt. ;)

You know, 'cause it had nothing to do with the BG & Mentat training he received from Jessica & Thufir. :roll:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Ampoliros » 07 Apr 2011 02:29

or the blind zealotry of the Fremen making them a willing and 'easily' swayed participant.
    Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
    Ampoliros

Postby Tleszer » 07 Apr 2011 10:01

Sandworm duels, McPaul joining the circus, an Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach, the Golden Path a failure... my head truly aches at what the Hacks Twain have done to Dune.
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    Tleszer

Previous

Return to ˲