Started reading The Battle for Corrin

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Kojiro

Re: Started reading The Battle for Corrin

Post by Kojiro »

Nekhrun wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:...having to watch people like Neil Gaiman get paid $30,000 for a 1 hour speaking engagement.
Oh you mean like someone capable of independent and artistic creation? Someone who can write characters in MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION!
Careful, if kja reads this he's going to start writing about Paul running off to other dimensions as a youngster.
*Ba-dum-CHING!*
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

JustSomeGuy wrote:A sandworm duel sounds pretty stupid, but I still think having Paul run off to join the circus takes the cake. I hope never to read the book in which that happened and so I'll ask again: Was McPaul a full-on circus performer or more of a carny/associate? Thanks in advance for any response.
Carny/associate. The actual performers are all face-dancers. But McPaul (liking that a lot, by the way! :lol: ) learned everything he knew about influencing crowds from the Jongleur master, Rheinvar the Magnificunt. ;)

You know, 'cause it had nothing to do with the BG & Mentat training he received from Jessica & Thufir. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

or the blind zealotry of the Fremen making them a willing and 'easily' swayed participant.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Sandworm duels, McPaul joining the circus, an Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach, the Golden Path a failure... my head truly aches at what the Hacks Twain have done to Dune.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie