thus sayeth Keith ...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

thus sayeth Keith ...

Post by SandRider »

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

first off : WTF?
Related Authors
Napoleon Hill
Dale Carnegie
H. L. Mencken
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Robert A. Heinlein
Theodor Geisel
Rick Warren
Ray Bradbury
Elbert Hubbard
Do you want Columbus to go across the ocean, or do you want to put a message in a bottle and hope that it lands somewhere? I'd rather have actual people be there. Whether they look like Americans or like the inhabitants of some other country, depends on who has the most drive.
what does this even mean?
I'd like to think it made some kind of sense in context, but I kinda doubt it ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SadisticCynic

Re: thus sayeth Keith ...

Post by SadisticCynic »

It should probably be noted that practically all (I didn't check page 2) of those quotes begin with 'I'. :roll:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

KJA wrote:I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work to remember who somebody is.
I think this quote went too far...

What he was trying to say was:
KJA wrote:I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work
He totally said it. So, I'm totally putting it in my sig.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Wouldn’t you like to have an augmented memory chip that you could plug into your head so you don’t have to look everything up and remember everything?
Kevin J. Anderson
Each book will have a lot of cliffhangers, because I like that.
Kevin J. Anderson
http://www.best-quotes-poems.com/quotat ... s-sayings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.goodquotes.com/author/kevin-j-anderson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SandChigger wrote:I've often remarked to friends on the uncanny resemblance between Kevin J. Anderson and Lynda Carter,
http://blastr.com/2009/04/author-kevin-j-anderson-s.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

“I’m a slow reader. It takes me a month to read a novel."
"I’ve listened to every single Harry Potter book. I don’t think I would enjoy a Harry Potter book unless Jim Dale were reading it.”
http://www.audiofilemagazine.com/features/A1477.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

I'd forgotten all about writing that! :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

It was just too cool not to include it, especially out of context. :D

Perhaps someone should start a thread on Chiggerquotes...
-Omphalos
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Chiggerleaks?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Tleszer wrote:Chiggerleaks?
Here we go. :shock:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Aren't... um... quotes supposed to be about something meaningful? All of these look rather inane and pointless. Like his books, incidentally.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:
Do you want Columbus to go across the ocean, or do you want to put a message in a bottle and hope that it lands somewhere? I'd rather have actual people be there. Whether they look like Americans or like the inhabitants of some other country, depends on who has the most drive.
what does this even mean?
I'd like to think it made some kind of sense in context, but I kinda doubt it ...
The only context I can think of is a discussion about manned space flight versus sending probes.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think it's from one of those soft-balls interviews, about whether he thought there'd be Chinese take-out on the moon by 2030.... :?
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

How does he get away with that? I mean ALL his interviews have soft balls. Do you think he has a form letter/release saying he has final don't make me look bad on it? What if someone did try to corner him on his bullshit, like that last audio thing, would he go nuts or just hang up & call his/HPL lawyer?
Scumbag... It's time somebody went 60 Minuites on his ass. Lying dictahiking necro-rapist! Thirty page outline my ass! Maybe after you and Brian got done with it. And his dictahiking; how many times did he blog/brag (blag) about braving the wild yet well marked hiking trail? Three times? Four? LAST YEAR?!! Smug pudgy ball of combed over deceit.
Go on Kevin J Anderson, keep ooozing your dictajizz. I know you're running out of sandboxes. If history remembers you at all it'll be as a bad example.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A lot of the interviews he does are actually by email, so he can always just ignore the question or copy-paste one of his canned responses. :roll:

As for rest, they do seem to be just phone deals. So I guess he could just hang up if things got too uncomfortable.

But I imagine he has things well vetted long before he agrees to even do one.

Another problem is that it seems most of the people doing interviews out there don't have the balls to piss off a "bigshot" like The Hack. They're probably afraid of getting a bad rep among authors and ending up with no one to interview.

Cowards.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Hack wrote:I wanted the feel in these books to be like an epic fantasy, with kings, queens, dukes and court politics, but of course like what I was explaining before, about making the science make sense, you have to make the politics make sense, too.
:clap: And you've done well, Kevin. :roll: Thank God for the History Channel.

I hear they're reading House Corrino at the Brookings Institute because they want to be ready when robots start feeding "flesh cookies" to a head in a jar using lab assistants with four arms. Actually, I feel like that bullshit was probably Brian's... they're reading Paul of Dune to prepare for the day when potted plants will, inevitably, be used to shoot ninja throwing stars at people in a royal wedding.
Over the years, I've trained myself to speak using the same language I would use if I were typing: meaning using full sentences in the way that paragraphs and scenes are arranged [by an idiot who's too lazy and arrogant to revise anything].
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah he's actuallly proud of being a sorry lazy ass, which doesn't really come as a surprise now does it ?
I hear they're reading House Corrino at the Brookings Institute because they want to be ready when robots start feeding "flesh cookies" to a head in a jar using lab assistants with four arms. Actually, I feel like that bullshit was probably Brian's... they're reading Paul of Dune to prepare for the day when potted plants will, inevitably, be used to shoot ninja throwing stars at people in a royal wedding.
love that :lol:

Potted plants rising ???
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

D Pope wrote:Scumbag... It's time somebody went 60 Minuites on his ass. Lying dictahiking necro-rapist! Thirty page outline my ass! Maybe after you and Brian got done with it. And his dictahiking; how many times did he blog/brag (blag) about braving the wild yet well marked hiking trail? Three times? Four? LAST YEAR?!! Smug pudgy ball of combed over deceit.
Go on Kevin J Anderson, keep ooozing your dictajizz.
Great stuff! :lol: :clap:

I call this Stage 13 on my patented Dealing With Anderhack Scale™: "Seething Hatred and Mini-Rants." It's often combined with Stage 14: "Daydreams of Cartoon-Like Violence" (i.e., "If I see Anderson, I will literally reach down his throat and pull out his spine!").

I'm still trying to reach the 20th and final stage myself: "Accepting that Keith is an Inconsequential Blowhard." In my experience, only SandRider has successfully reached Stage 20 ... although he occasionally regresses. :wink:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

SandChigger wrote:A lot of the interviews he does are actually by email, so he can always just ignore the question or copy-paste one of his canned responses. :roll:

As for rest, they do seem to be just phone deals. So I guess he could just hang up if things got too uncomfortable.

But I imagine he has things well vetted long before he agrees to even do one.

Another problem is that it seems most of the people doing interviews out there don't have the balls to piss off a "bigshot" like The Hack. They're probably afraid of getting a bad rep among authors and ending up with no one to interview.

Cowards.
Indeed. If I ever become successful in my pursuit of becoming an author, I'd personally hope that my interviewer asked hard questions. I'd hope for the same if I ran in politics.
merkin muffley wrote: I hear they're reading House Corrino at the Brookings Institute because they want to be ready when robots start feeding "flesh cookies" to a head in a jar using lab assistants with four arms. Actually, I feel like that bullshit was probably Brian's... they're reading Paul of Dune to prepare for the day when potted plants will, inevitably, be used to shoot ninja throwing stars at people in a royal wedding.
Wait.... what?
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Kojiro wrote:
merkin muffley wrote: I hear they're reading House Corrino at the Brookings Institute because they want to be ready when robots start feeding "flesh cookies" to a head in a jar using lab assistants with four arms. Actually, I feel like that bullshit was probably Brian's... they're reading Paul of Dune to prepare for the day when potted plants will, inevitably, be used to shoot ninja throwing stars at people in a royal wedding.
Wait.... what?
Typical reaction. You'll become numb to it after a while.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Kojiro wrote: Wait.... what?
It's that bad, and worse.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mmm... I think he means The Battle of Corrin, not the House book. ;)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:Mmm... I think he means The Battle of Corrin, not the House book. ;)
Yes, indeed I do. The flesh cookie shit happens in The Battle of Corrin, not House Corrino. It's all shit so it's sometimes difficult to distinguish.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

As meaningless as it all was, they have all blurred into one pile of steaming shit for me, too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ah, but even steaming piles of shit have areas of greater and lesser density, Deep Zones of almost runny inconsistency, surface areas shiny with bloody mucus... and undigested corn. :lol:

And here come the Great Stools! :dance:
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

Flesh cookies is yet another one of my favorite all time low points of McDune. I was ranting about that a while back. I think that might qualify for another installment of the Bad Writing Series (Chig, can you help us out?). That just completely took me right out of the Dune universe. (As if I was even in it in the first place (which I wasn't) by the simple fact that I was reading Battle for Corrin....) :crazy:
Anything Dune not written by Frank Herbert is simply Fan Fiction.