thus sayeth Keith ...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Kojiro

Re: thus sayeth Keith ...

Post by Kojiro »

I have to say, the more I hear about the stupid shit in the McDune books, the more I'm actively appalled.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Not a kevin quote, but I hope you like it anyway.
Superstars Writing Seminar R/H side, second from bottom wrote:"You'd be hard put to find anyone you understands what it takes to be a writer better than Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta."
Robert J. Defendi - game writer, novelist, Writers of the Future winner
This one's for the Dukester!

found at the superstars site and, fuck them, i'll not link to that shite
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

O’Shea: I caught the following Twitter update: “Howard Stern on air: Says he’s reading ENEMIES & ALLIES, seems to be loving it. There’s an endorsement I didn’t expect.” Could that be classified as the oddest or most unique endorsement you’ve received–or does someone or something else earn that classification?

Anderson: It certainly was a surprise — all of a sudden, I received a flood of e-mail from my friends and fans telling me about it. It’s not all that unusual, since Stern is well connected with pop culture and what people are interested in, but it was great because it was so unexpected. I’ve had unusual endorsements before though, with astronauts bringing my books up on the space shuttle, rock stars mentioning bits of my novels in their lyrics, master brewers at microbreweries being fans of my work.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... -anderson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All in a days work when you're a super-cool, ultra-hip, maxi-mega-man like myself.

edit; and at the bottom of the page,"Anyway, thank you, Kevin Anderson. What a classy guy."
-JB Grantham
May 5, 2009 at 11:55 pm
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Another interview response, partial quote but you get the idea;
Q... Browsing through reviews, the novel received sort of a mixed response. What are your thoughts on how the duology turned out, and the difficulties of living up to such high expectations?
A...For “Hunters of Dune” and “Sandworms of Dune” we were more constrained than in the previous books because we had to follow Frank Herbert’s detailed outline. A lot of the things people were complaining about were the things Frank left for us to do. But we had to write the books in the way he intended for the grand finale to unfold.

http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2 ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

D Pope wrote:
Superstars Writing Seminar R/H side, second from bottom wrote:"You'd be hard put to find anyone you understands what it takes to be a writer better than Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta."
I'm pretty damn sure that that's grammatically incorrect.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Kojiro wrote:
D Pope wrote:
Well, I guess that's why you're not a "Writers of the Future winner." :P
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

D Pope wrote:Another interview response, partial quote but you get the idea;
Q... Browsing through reviews, the novel received sort of a mixed response. What are your thoughts on how the duology turned out, and the difficulties of living up to such high expectations?
A...For “Hunters of Dune” and “Sandworms of Dune” we were more constrained than in the previous books because we had to follow Frank Herbert’s detailed outline. A lot of the things people were complaining about were the things Frank left for us to do. But we had to write the books in the way he intended for the grand finale to unfold.

http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2 ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HOW DARE HE?!

:angry-screaming:
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

How dare he what, LIE?!

He's a STORYTELLER. Making shit up and floating it out there to see if people swallow it or not is part and parcel of WHAT HE IS and DOES! :lol:
D Pope wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
D Pope wrote:
Well, I guess that's why you're not a "Writers of the Future winner." :P
ZING!!! :laughing-rolling:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SadisticCynic wrote:It should probably be noted that practically all (I didn't check page 2) of those quotes begin with 'I'. :roll:
+1
SandChigger wrote:Another problem is that it seems most of the people doing interviews out there don't have the balls to piss off a "bigshot" like The Hack. They're probably afraid of getting a bad rep among authors and ending up with no one to interview. Cowards.
most people doing interviews with Keith are self-blahggers & dead-end fanzines ...
seriously, we've cataloged all these quotes as evidence of tehKJA's awesome shitheelness,
but the source of these quotes are the kicked-over rocks at the ass-end of the internet...
"getting a bad rep among authors" would mean that the "authors" would even remember
who the fuck that Nerd was they sent the fan-boy copypasta to ... so I think the "softballs"
are more ass-sucking & inflated flattery than fear or reprisal ... d'ya see what I mean?
I don't think there are ANY tehKja Interviews in the Archive that were "published" in any
media platform of any real repute or importance .... it's self-stroking, self-blahgging,
amateur hour all the way around ...
Hunchback Jack wrote:
SandRider wrote:
Do you want Columbus to go across the ocean, or do you want to put a message in a bottle and hope that it lands somewhere? I'd rather have actual people be there. Whether they look like Americans or like the inhabitants of some other country, depends on who has the most drive.
what does this even mean?
I'd like to think it made some kind of sense in context, but I kinda doubt it ...
The only context I can think of is a discussion about manned space flight versus sending probes.
HBJ
thank you, that makes a little sense now; I was trying to place this in terms of his scribbling,
thinking it had something to do with Terrible Incognition or whatever that pirate book was ...
didn't ever make it around to thinking that Spanky was talking about the Real World; I mean,
why would you, you know? it's not like he's ever been there ...
TheDukester wrote: I call this Stage 13 on my patented Dealing With Anderhack Scale™: "Seething Hatred and Mini-Rants." It's often combined with Stage 14: "Daydreams of Cartoon-Like Violence" (i.e., "If I see Anderson, I will literally reach down his throat and pull out his spine!").
I'm still trying to reach the 20th and final stage myself: "Accepting that Keith is an Inconsequential Blowhard." In my experience, only SandRider has successfully reached Stage 20 ... although he occasionally regresses. :wink:
hey, thanks for pointing that out, Duke - I realized that the 20th Stage of Acceptance is how
I live most of my life -"[insert Politician/Media Head/CamWhore] is an Inconsequestial Blowhard"
and just ... move the fuck on ...
click "ignore" to continue ...
Kojiro wrote:I have to say, the more I hear about the stupid shit in the McDune books, the more I'm actively appalled.
right, and that's one of the Early Stages, somewhere right before "Seething Hatred" ...
it starts with Amazed Disgust with what tehKJA did to Frank's Dune, but then right after that,
the next stage is Dumbfounded Confusion about how tehKJA ever got anything published, at all,
let alone something related to Frank Herbert, then more Flabbergasted Disbelief at the sheer
assholeness of tehKJA as a person, via his twits, twats, & blahgs ... and THAT'S where the
"Seething Hatred" stage opens up real good - because you've realized :
1) Wow, this hack really fucked up the Dune ...
2) Wow, this hack really fucks up anything he touches ...
3) Wow, some idiots keep publishing his trash & some idiots keep buying it ...
4) Holy Shit ... this hack thinks he's really good at writing ... OMG, he's going to teach
other people how to write ? like, real human beings? or monkeys?
it's got to be monkeys, right ?
5) goddamn ... I really hate that prick ...

Nekhrun wrote:
Tleszer wrote:Chiggerleaks?
Here we go. :shock:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I'm trying to get past the Seething Hatred stage. It's a struggle every day.

It doesn't help when KJA blame's Frank's outline as the reason that the Dune 7 novels received "mixed reviews".

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He probably figures (and rightly so) that not many people are actually paying attention to those little interviews he does...
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

The stages should be documented. My own journey started wiith: #1 Surprise (possibly surprised disbelief).

So who's ready with number 2??
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:The stages should be documented. My own journey started wiith: #1 Surprise (possibly surprised disbelief).

Denial
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
grandmastercrafter

Post by grandmastercrafter »

Freakzilla wrote:
inhuien wrote:The stages should be documented. My own journey started wiith: #1 Surprise (possibly surprised disbelief).

Denial
:bow-yellow: Dukester - do you have this list in full form? if not, I'm compiling what I saw here - it's hilariously awesome! Can you fill in the blanks, or post the original list yourself?

Dealing With Anderhack Scale™

Stage:
1. Surprise
2. Denial
3. X
4. Dumbfounded Confusion
5. X
6. Flabbergasted Disbelief
7. Amazed Disgust
8. X
9. X
10. X
11. Actively Appalled
12. X
13. Seething Hatred and Mini-Rants
14. Daydreams of Cartoon-Like Violence
15. X
16. X
17. X
18. X
19. X
20. Accepting that Keith is an Inconsequential Blowhard (Stage 20 adept: SandRider)

:lol:
THINK CRITICALLY
:auto-gmcredsmiley:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Hunchback Jack wrote:It doesn't help when KJA blame's Frank's outline as the reason that the Dune 7 novels received "mixed reviews".

HBJ
...KJA blame's Frank's outline as the reason that the Dune 7 novels received "mixed reviews".
It's possible that there's some truth to this, but seeing it requires a slight shift of emphasis. :P
-Omphalos
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

I think morbid curiosity should be after actively appalled as I'm just beginning to feel that.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Kojiro wrote:I think morbid curiosity should be after actively appalled as I'm just beginning to feel that.
I'll go with that - I listened to Paul of Dune long after I knew it would be shite.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:It doesn't help when KJA blame's Frank's outline as the reason that the Dune 7 novels received "mixed reviews".

HBJ
...KJA blame's Frank's outline as the reason that the Dune 7 novels received "mixed reviews".
It's possible that there's some truth to this, but seeing it requires a slight shift of emphasis. :P
Maybe "The Outline" was a practical joke on his son from beyond the grave? :wink:

"I'll write this shit outline and hide it a safe deposit box. Then when #1 son finds it, we'll see how much attention he payed to my other books"

:twisted:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

grandmastercrafter wrote:Dukester - do you have this list in full form?
Not so much. As you've likely already guessed, I mostly just use the "[X] steps" as a theme I can visit every so often to make jokes at the expense of Anderhack.

You've got a pretty good list going, though, so you could just run with that. Don't worry about the "20" part; I just pulled that number out of my sphincter. In fact, I think the joke began life as "8 steps" ...

I do believe in the general theme, just to be clear. I think most of us have gone through stages in dealing with the sheer awfulness of McDune, I believe these stages could be quantified, and I believe that the final stage is an epiphany along the lines of "Kevin J. Anderson just doesn't matter."
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

grandmastercrafter wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Denial
:bow-yellow: Dukester - do you have this list in full form? if not, I'm compiling what I saw here - it's hilariously awesome! Can you fill in the blanks, or post the original list yourself?

Stage:
1. Surprise
2. Denial
3. X
4. Dumbfounded Confusion
5. X
7. Amazed Disgust
8. X
9. X
10. X
11. Actively Appalled
12. X
15. X
16. X
17. X
18. X
19. X
20. Accepting that Keith is an Inconsequential Blowhard (Stage 20 adept: SandRider)

Sandrider? Accepting?? Is the sky blue in your world?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:
D Pope wrote:

HBJ
Maybe "The Outline" was a practical joke on his son from beyond the grave? :wink:

"I'll write this shit outline and hide it a safe deposit box. Then when #1 son finds it, we'll see how much attention he payed to my other books"

That's a better spin than I had, I was thinking without the outline, ALL reviews would've been bad.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:and I believe that the final stage is an epiphany along the lines of "Kevin J. Anderson just doesn't matter."
I've touched that one once or twice, I think. But the problem is, the Asshat Pickle Fucker always does something to bring me back down. :evil:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
grandmastercrafter

Omphalos wrote:
grandmastercrafter wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Denial

Stage:
1. Surprise
2. Denial
3. X
4. Dumbfounded Confusion
5. X
7. Amazed Disgust
8. X
9. X
10. X
11. Actively Appalled
12. X
15. X
16. X
17. X
18. X
19. X

Sandrider? Accepting?? Is the sky blue in your world?
LOL - just going by what was written - apparently he regresses from time to time... :lol:
TheDukester wrote: I call this Stage 13 on my patented Dealing With Anderhack Scale™: "Seething Hatred and Mini-Rants." It's often combined with Stage 14: "Daydreams of Cartoon-Like Violence" (i.e., "If I see Anderson, I will literally reach down his throat and pull out his spine!").
I'm still trying to reach the 20th and final stage myself: "Accepting that Keith is an Inconsequential Blowhard." In my experience, only SandRider has successfully reached Stage 20 ... although he occasionally regresses. :wink:
THINK CRITICALLY
grandmastercrafter

Freakzilla wrote:Maybe "The Outline" was a practical joke on his son from beyond the grave? :wink:

I think this is very possible... nay - probable! :clap:
THINK CRITICALLY
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Who, in your opinion, is the greatest writer of all time?
KJA:I couldn’t venture to say — my college background was in physics and astronomy, with a minor in Russian History!

Which book have you found yourself unable to finish?
KJA:Quite a few of them, alas. My reading time is limited and very precious. If the author cannot make his work comprehensible and engaging, then I feel no obligation to keep reading.

http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Kev ... /interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Omphalos