• Register
  • Login
  •          

Reading the Prequels/Sequels

Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Reading the Prequels/Sequels

Postby drainbread » 01 Jul 2010 03:53

Yeah, super lurker, that's me. I joined with the intent of being fairly active, but alas, nearly everyting I wanted to say had already been covered. I sort of drifted away then lost the shortcut...

Life I guess
    drainbread

Postby Robspierre » 11 Jul 2010 23:20

Quoted for truth, found this while i was browsing some other places:
    Read anything written by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert only if you want to torture yourself, it's absolutely hideous. Imagine letting Michael Bay and/or Roland Emmerich handle a sequel to a Stanley Kubrick flick, they're kind of like that. Just absolutely mindless trash.

Rob
    Robspierre

Postby SandChigger » 12 Jul 2010 03:53

Just absolutely mindless trash.

Simple and true. :)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Iamjackswastedlife » 26 Dec 2015 06:02

I am a life long Dune fan but I'm only now getting around to reading Heretics of Dune.
    Just curious about who rules the imperium after the death of Leto II ? Is there a continuation of Atreides rule during the scattering ?
    Iamjackswastedlife

Postby Freakzilla » 26 Dec 2015 16:42

Iamjackswastedlife wrote:I am a life long Dune fan but I'm only now getting around to reading Heretics of Dune.
    Just curious about who rules the imperium after the death of Leto II ? Is there a continuation of Atreides rule during the scattering ?

There is no more Imperium. The Bene Gesserit are probably the strongest faction but they don't "rule".
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Serkanner » 26 Dec 2015 19:21

Iamjackswastedlife wrote:I am a life long Dune fan but I'm only now getting around to reading Heretics of Dune.

Don't ask for spoilers! You can read a book for the first time only once!
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Previous

Return to ˲