Mark the date: June 6, 2010

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Mark the date: June 6, 2010

Post by TheDukester »

That's when it all began for Irulan to the Throne of DUNE. I do apologize in advance for being the bearer of this sad news.

"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Mark the date: June 6, 2010

Post by Nekhrun »

What the hell is there to "mull over"? He's just going to use the same old tired shit he always has. Unless he's thinking about which of our predictions he's going to use.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

My biggest surprise was that "brainstorm" wasn't used. It's like Spanky's favorite word ever. :roll:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

thing is with him there is what he says/wishes was true, and what really happens...

we've seen that in the spin he serves at every suck up interview, all that crap about resarching, editing, or even writing for that matter...

he's one of those obnoxious people that no one dares to contradict because they're such pains in the arse when you do that...

But that only works for a time, and posterity is not fazed by such cheap tricks, luckily(and especially when it pits you against a writer like Frank)

So this date is indeed a sad one for the memory of a great author(no not you Keith)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

ONE hike wasn't enough for him, he had to do TWO? :lol:

Numbers number numbers, keep those numbers rolling, RAW HIKE!!!

This is really funny, because when Teg and I were talking on the phone the other day, this was one of the things we talked about, when they would start the hype & writing process for the next McDune book! :P

(Doesn't "brainstorming" only occur when they're together? The friction increases, the static electricity builds, sparks fill the air! :lol: )
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:(Doesn't "brainstorming" only occur when they're together? The friction increases, the static electricity builds, sparks fill the air! :lol: )
You mean when McSpanky rubs Bri-Bri's hair a little too affectionately in the guise of using his head as a Magic 8 Ball?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I also like the use of all-caps in that post ... it's not "Dune" that receives that honor.

:music-tool:

:teasing-knob:
trang

Post by trang »

fun date to remember, summer is here, things warm up, and the jacket chimes in just enough to stoke the old fires of McDunemenship that we all dont care for. What we get a whole year now ( I believe this there pace) to enjoy ever tidbit of nonsense from him and bobo? Yea!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:I also like the use of all-caps in that post ... it's not "Dune" that receives that honor.
Yeah, it's just the SMELLHOLE.

Of course, I guess he'd say he was using Dune attributively there ("ten new Dune novels"), not as the name of the novel DUNE. ;)

(But trang, when do we ever get a tidbit of ANYTHING from BoBo?!)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Well, he has to remind his fans that there won't be a Dune novel this year, but *don't get distracted* by some other bright and shiny SF series, because another Dune novel is in the works. Really. Just keep watching this space.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

TheDukester wrote:My biggest surprise was that "brainstorm" wasn't used. It's like Spanky's favorite word ever. :roll:
Goes to show the "relationship" is winding down...
They don't brianstorm with sparks anymore they simply mull things over.

"What do you want to do now?"
"I don't know what do you want to do?"
"I don't know, whatever?"
"Sure. Whatever..."
"Okay, I'm gonna go for another hike."
"Sure."
"Okay."
"Whatever..."
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

But let's be accurate, this is just TheKJA "mull[ing] over ideas" on his own. They always get together somewhere (Brian's place in Seattle seems the most common location?) for the actual "brainstorming". This is probably just KJA preparing for that. (Where he'll ram his ideas down or up whichever of BoBo's orifices is most receptive?) ;)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Yeah, one gets the sense that those are pretty much courtesy visits ...

TheKJA: "Brian, here's the outline. Oh, and the suggested cover art, too. And the publication date, tour information, and my plans for a crossover CD with a bunch of hippie prog losers who can't hold down a job."

TheBobo: "Yes, Kevin."

TheKJA: "If you'll just sign here .... and ... okay, there we go. See ya, Bri!"
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Brian: Hi Kev, I...
Keith: I know you're being friendly, but I don't WANT a chatty co-author. Just let me do the book and go. It's not a bonding experience.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

DuneFishUK wrote:Brian: Hi Kev, I...
Keith: I know you're being friendly, but I don't WANT a chatty co-author. Just let me do the book and go. It's not a bonding experience.
ZING!!! :lol:

Just like a whore to his john. "This is purely a business transaction." ;)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:laughing:

Great one, DuneFish!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I just got a bad shiver.
The 50th anniversary is coming up.
Has anyone heard anything about plans?
I'm gonna pop a breaker if KJH takes credit for 'continuing success.'
( KJH- a binary parasite whose sum is less than its combined parts, noted only for its mindless consumption)
Is there a law to keep KJH from doing a Dune remix?
I can't believe i'm likely to lose sleep over this tonight.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

D Pope wrote:I'm gonna pop a breaker if KJH takes credit for 'continuing success.'
He's already doing that, but exactly that: "[he] takes credit", so basically that's just him and a few die hard suck up fan boys(with shit for brains) still trying to keep the pretense.
The real literary world does not concern itself with such garbage; Frank's Dune was a master piece, Spanky's Mc Dune is just the minimum required to bring some money in.

I really think that in a Ouroboros kind of way Keith is the best promoter of the "OH faith"(in good writing), as the more shit he coughs up into his dictater the more people are exposed to it and can see for themselves how much of a phony he is!
D Pope wrote:Is there a law to keep KJH from doing a Dune remix?
No, unfortunately there isn't a law against milking a franchise...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

He's already doing that, but exactly that: "[he] takes credit", so basically that's just him and a few die hard suck up fan boys(with shit for brains) still trying to keep the pretense.

He really needs to quit it. Really.

I really think that in a Ouroboros kind of way Keith is the best promoter of the "OH faith"(in good writing), as the more shit he coughs up into his dictater the more people are exposed to it and can see for themselves how much of a phony he is!

While you make a great point, i'm forced to take a less optimistic view of humanity at large.
D Pope wrote:Is there a law to keep KJH from doing a Dune remix?
No, unfortunately there isn't a law against milking a franchise...[/quote]

The evil vision that prompted my question had to do with a 50th ann. hack edition. "With 20% less content, more action than the sietch on WoL night, & KJHs style of not hiding any plot so it's all out there like Frank intended according to the new notes we found!" You think he wouldn't? Amazon critics will call it groundbreaking, historically amazing, & a must read for anyone who loves Dune or didn't get it the first time around. This'll open the floodgates you know, I don't mean classics as comics or Readers Digest Condesed, i'm talking about a future where only the few 'in the know' are aware that Dickens books were originally more than 80 pages.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Sorry mate, I gotta learn how you guys do that quote thing.
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

D Pope wrote:Sorry mate, I gotta learn how you guys do that quote thing.
Only The Tidwell can grant that knowledge.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

D Pope wrote:Sorry mate, I gotta learn how you guys do that quote thing.
Highlight your text and hit the "Quote" button up above the window where you type.

Hit the "Edit" button on a message with quoted language in it and you will see what it needs to look like. PHP (the lauguage of this board) uses things called tags to do certain things behind the curtain. To use tags you need to "wrap" your text with them, or, put a beginning tag at the start of the line, and an end tag at the end. Those tags tell the computer to do certain things, then when to stop doing them.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

THE GLORY OF TEXT MARK-UP!!! :lol:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

The evil vision that prompted my question had to do with a 50th ann. hack edition. "With 20% less content, more action than the sietch on WoL night, & KJHs style of not hiding any plot so it's all out there like Frank intended according to the new notes we found!" You think he wouldn't? Amazon critics will call it groundbreaking, historically amazing, & a must read for anyone who loves Dune or didn't get it the first time around. This'll open the floodgates you know, I don't mean classics as comics or Readers Digest Condesed, i'm talking about a future where only the few 'in the know' are aware that Dickens books were originally more than 80 pages.
You guys don't think this is possible do you?
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I pray that even the HLP isn't stupid enough to fuck with the originals.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman