Mark the date: June 6, 2010

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

D Pope

Re: Mark the date: June 6, 2010

Post by D Pope »

That's a prayer I share, but when it came up in another thread I got really worried. Given KJAs 'writing' process, I think it's beyond his ability.

That's inspired a new word, Dictafuck!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Dictafucking?

Oh, gawd, NO! Let him NOT take the recorder to bed with him and Bovecca! :puke:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

we have wormsign the likes of which...
:puke:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:Dictafucking?

Oh, gawd, NO! Let him NOT take the recorder to bed with him and Bovecca! :puke:
I'd rather hear that than the audiobook of Paul of Dune.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

merkin muffley wrote:I'd rather hear that than the audiobook of Paul of Dune.
PERVO! :lol:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

:shock:
I'm assuming that's because you think it'll be shorter?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

ZINGEROO!!! :laughing:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Actually, with those two I'm worried it might take longer.

:puke:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

@TheKJA

Just reached 164,000 pumps. Rebecca just woke up from a nap a few minutes ago. Dictated a few chapters of Hellhole. Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
web • 23/05/10 15:00
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

TheKJA: Just got my bingo wings. I hear bells.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

D Pope wrote:
The evil vision that prompted my question had to do with a 50th ann. hack edition. "With 20% less content, more action than the sietch on WoL night, & KJHs style of not hiding any plot so it's all out there like Frank intended according to the new notes we found!" You think he wouldn't? Amazon critics will call it groundbreaking, historically amazing, & a must read for anyone who loves Dune or didn't get it the first time around. This'll open the floodgates you know, I don't mean classics as comics or Readers Digest Condesed, i'm talking about a future where only the few 'in the know' are aware that Dickens books were originally more than 80 pages.
You guys don't think this is possible do you?

I think it's probable .... if Spanky gets to "write" the "novelization" of the new movie script ....

how many people in the world have only "read" Dune thru the Marvel Comics of the Lynch movie ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

DAMMIT RIDER!
I'd all but convinced myself it wasn't really possible, but if he's got access to the, dare I say, creative side of the movie- then there's no doubt left! He will figgure how to dictahikafuck an original FH masterpiece!

I guess it just goes into the same bin as taxes & traffic, preventable, aggravating, but whatcha gonna do...(sigh...fuck...)

"And the Golden Gom Jabbar Award for Bursting Bubbles goes to... SandRider!"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by D Pope on 18 Jun 2010 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

In all honesty, that recalls a question I had earlier, does anyone know who owns the rights to a new Dune movie? I'm asking with the hope that if Paramount 'owns' it, HPL doesn't & can't affect it.
-Omphalos
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"Ownership" isn't the right way to look at it.

In a typical Hollywood deal of this sort, the studio purchases the right to make a film based on a literary property. They don't "own" anything, other than the right to make a film within a certain time period, under certain restrictions, with certain personnel (all of which will be detailed in the contract).

In this particular case, it's clear, sadly enough, that the HLP is taking some interest in being part of the project. That's the only reason that Spanky and Bobo are listed as "producers" — the HLP insisted upon it. What we don't know is exactly what that means, although it's pretty easy to guess: the contract will grant Idiot One and Idiot Two certain powers of input, advice, and planning, maybe leading all the way up to some sort of veto power. Paramount, though, has dealt with enough of these "literary types" before, so I'm sure they were smart enough to make sure that, at some point, they can simply tell the McDune Twins to fuck right off.

That's the long answer, I guess. The short answer: both studio and rights-holder will have some input into the finished product. The good news is that the studio will have much more. That's what their money bought, essentially.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thanks mate.

Thank you for the 'long answer' also. I guess you've got a pretty good idea about how much I know about IP. If KJH are listed as producers, intercourse will take place. My hope lies in variing degrees of creative controll. I've heard Hollywood can be good at ignoring creative input.
-Omphalos
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

D Pope wrote:I've heard Hollywood can be good at ignoring creative input.
Yes, that's it exactly. And what we're all hoping for, of course.

The more that Paramount views Spanky and Bobo's "producer" titles as strictly honorary or meaningless, the better off we'll all be.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

merkin muffley wrote:@TheKJA

Just reached 164,000 pumps. Rebecca just woke up from a nap a few minutes ago. Dictated a few chapters of Hellhole. Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
web • 23/05/10 15:00
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Disgusting. I love it.
lotek

Post by lotek »

get ready for some booing!!

edit

I meant when that movie comes out, one day...
Spice is the worm's gonads.