why Duncan Idaho's ultra KH is bullshit

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: why Duncan Idaho's ultra KH is bullshit

Post by SandRider »

lotek wrote:
MrFlibble wrote: it seems to me that whole story with Wanna's artificial uterus in House Corrino
wtf?
wtf?

WTF?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

this is even worse than I thought, holy mary mother of god I feel sick :puke:
I did that alot when I first started hanging around here - I've only read a few pages of the hack's
first dune comic-without-pictures ... somebody'd say something outrageous out of the new books,
and I'd rage .... now, I don't care - I'm immune to the details of how Keith has fucked up the story ....

if you told me he'd written the worms themselves create spice without the trout, I'd believe it.
if you told me he'd written Paul spent his childhood before Arrakis Johnny Questing around the
universe with evil singing clowns, I'd not be surprised ...

if you told me he'd written Shaddam had a clone army on Secundus, or that the wierding modules
were now light sabres, I'd yawn ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandRider wrote:
lotek wrote:
MrFlibble wrote: it seems to me that whole story with Wanna's artificial uterus in House Corrino
wtf?
wtf?

WTF?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that alot when I first started hanging around here - I've only read a few pages of the hack's
first dune comic-without-pictures ... somebody'd say something outrageous out of the new books,
and I'd rage .... now, I don't care - I'm immune to the details of how Keith has fucked up the story ....

if you told me he'd written the worms themselves create spice without the trout, I'd believe it.
if you told me he'd written Paul spent his childhood before Arrakis Johnny Questing around the

if you told me he'd written Shaddam had a clone army on Secundus, or that the wierding modules
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not sure if you just started with one you knew was real to make your point, or if you were actually unaware of the fact... but he has actually written passages where worms create spice all by themselves (in the no-ship from Chapterhouse).
Orthodox

Post by Orthodox »

SandRider wrote:
lotek wrote:
wtf?
wtf?

WTF?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

You think that now, but just wait until someone gets enough points from the Fun Club to write the plotline to a new Dune book. Just wait, it will happen. You will see an EXTREMIST FAN of KJA (Not DUNE) write plot for a DUNE book. Just wait, it'll happen when they run out of ways to rape the series. They'll start publishing Fanfics of Dune. And call it "Alternate Canon".
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain. -- Frank Herbert
lotek

Post by lotek »

two reasons this will never happen

1° KJA will never run out of shit ideas
2° KJA will never let anyone have a go at Dune for fear they'd do a better job than him
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Orthodox wrote:They'll start publishing Fanfics of Dune.
They've published NOTHING ELSE for the last ten years. :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:
Orthodox wrote:They'll start publishing Fanfics of Dune.
They've published NOTHING ELSE for the last ten years. :P
and that as well :)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Hopefully inspiration will strike my fuzzy head and I'll start up with the "fan" fiction once again. Unfortunately the voices have been pretty silent for a while.

Speak up, damn you! :shifty:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
tenfingersofdoom

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

frank herberts belief of superheroes as a corrupting influence is exactly what Briomnius talked about in his new introduction to the hardcover re-release of dune messiah. I cant even sum up the ridiculousness. It hurts my brain.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

More proof that BH has nothing to do with the writing of McDune? ;)

(How many pages is that intro, btw?)
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Or maybe it's a sign of utter audacity (and something to support your conspiracy theory ;)): he does understand Frank's ideas, yet he still allowed/decided to do everything otherwise in the new books?
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

lotek wrote:Image

from the Dune Saga facebook group, in which I can still post apparently, even though some of my comments are deleted :)

There's absolutely no excuse for deleting that facebook post. It's a Frank Herbert quote, for godsakes. There's enough contempt for Frank Herbert that I might believe Brain was doing it on purpose, if I hadn't read excerpts from Timeweb, and can see that he isn't capable of doing any better.

Wanna had an artificial uterus? DAYUMMM! She had a rough life, didn't she? And I guess Irulan got it wrong again in her Dune novel when she had Yueh wonder why Wanna didn't give him a child. "Uhhh... Maybe because she didn't have a real uterus!? HELLOOO!? Earth to Irulan!" I can see why Brian hates Irulan so much. (Wait a minute... Brain hates Irulan, Irulan wrote Dune...)

EDIT: Never mind, that's petitio principii
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

So they're deleting interesting quotes from Frank Herbert now? God, they're so far gone up their own asses that they have no hope of ever seeing actual daylight again.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Laugh. It's funny. Tragic, but funny.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
lotek

Post by lotek »

the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

lotek wrote:the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing?
The right hand is always wanking, so the left hand doesn't even bother to check anymore. Hence, "Spanky McDune."
tenfingersofdoom

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

I think the intro was maybe about 4 to 5 pages, I didnt buy the book, I just read the intro while shopping at barnes and noble. Brian said alot about how critics called dune messiah the biggest let down of the year, I believe it was a rolling stone quote. He also went on to give a concise accout of franks beliefs, with frank using the kennedys as a real world example of his argument against heroes. It really is worth a read if you can do it without paying for the book.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

tenfingersofdoom wrote:I think the intro was maybe about 4 to 5 pages, I didnt buy the book, I just read the intro while shopping at barnes and noble. Brian said alot about how critics called dune messiah the biggest let down of the year, I believe it was a rolling stone quote. He also went on to give a concise accout of franks beliefs, with frank using the kennedys as a real world example of his argument against heroes. It really is worth a read if you can do it without paying for the book.
OK, thanks. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to buy a new copy of the book just for BoBo's take on it and other things ... which sounds a lot like the stuff KJA was slinging at one point, come to think of it.... :think:
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

merkin muffley wrote:Wanna had an artificial uterus? DAYUMMM! She had a rough life, didn't she? And I guess Irulan got it wrong again in her Dune novel when she had Yueh wonder why Wanna didn't give him a child. "Uhhh... Maybe because she didn't have a real uterus!? HELLOOO!? Earth to Irulan!" I can see why Brian hates Irulan so much. (Wait a minute... Brain hates Irulan, Irulan wrote Dune...)
Not to mention the fact that the whole "artificial uterus" ( :puke: ) story and its continuation in the newest books make the original Yueh look like an incompetent idiot: what kind of a doctor could he be if he was incapable of correctly diagnosing his wife's condition?
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
lotek

Post by lotek »

merkin muffley wrote:
lotek wrote:the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing?
The right hand is always wanking, so the left hand doesn't even bother to check anymore. Hence, "Spanky McDune."
and suddenly it all makes sense!
:)

As for the artificial uterus; I am pretty sure there is a strong ban/taboo on using artificial means of reproduction in the Imperium.
When the Sisterhood is either trying to mate Paul and Alia or the twins(not sure which one I am back from the pub), someone considers the possibility of artificial insemination or something but also says such a birth would not be accepted.
One could argue that a lot of forbidden things happen, but we're talking strict feudal society based on a massive taboo against artificial intelligence, so...
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

MrFlibble wrote: Not to mention the fact that the whole "artificial uterus" ( :puke: ) story and its continuation in the newest books make the original Yueh look like an incompetent idiot: what kind of a doctor could he be if he was incapable of correctly diagnosing his wife's condition?
I don't know how he passed his exams.
lotek wrote: As for the artificial uterus; I am pretty sure there is a strong ban/taboo on using artificial means of reproduction in the Imperium.
When the Sisterhood is either trying to mate Paul and Alia or the twins(not sure which one I am back from the pub), someone considers the possibility of artificial insemination or something but also says such a birth would not be accepted.
One could argue that a lot of forbidden things happen, but we're talking strict feudal society based on a massive taboo against artificial intelligence, so...
That's another massive inconsistency. The prohibitions against artificial breeding, as part of the religious taboos against machines, are a critical part of Dune Messiah. It's another thing that makes you wonder if they've ever read the books, because that's a big one. And all at the expense of a stupid idea, because they don't know how to create drama without killing or maiming their characters.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:
MrFlibble wrote: Not to mention the fact that the whole "artificial uterus" ( :puke: ) story and its continuation in the newest books make the original Yueh look like an incompetent idiot: what kind of a doctor could he be if he was incapable of correctly diagnosing his wife's condition?
I don't know how he passed his exams.
lotek wrote: As for the artificial uterus; I am pretty sure there is a strong ban/taboo on using artificial means of reproduction in the Imperium.
That's another massive inconsistency. The prohibitions against artificial breeding, as part of the religious taboos against machines, are a critical part of Dune Messiah. It's another thing that makes you wonder if they've ever read the books, because that's a big one. And all at the expense of a stupid idea, because they don't know how to create drama without killing or maiming their characters.

I think a lot of us are past wondering. If he read it, it was while watching Star Wars on one TV and Terminator 3 on another.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Didn't Fidel Castro get an artifical anus?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Two, actually. He holds the cigars in the second.
lotek

Post by lotek »

A good ole fashionned ZING for Fidel!

God the hack and his remora truly are like a blackholsistency, a word I just made up(oh you had guessed?), they make consistency disappear like a black hole absorbs light...