Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

More Ass-Hackery

Post by Nekhrun »

http://sfscope.com/2010/03/kevin-j-ande ... mbiet.html

Kevin J. Anderson sells zombie/trekkie mash-up to Quirk
By Ian Randal Strock March 5, 2010

Publishers Lunch is reporting that Kevin J. Anderson has signed to write Night of the Living Trekkies for Quirk Books. Agent Scott Miller at Trident Media Group handled the deal with Quirk Associate Publisher Jason Rekulak. The book will be "a mash up mixing a zombie apocalypse with the enduring mythology of Star Trek."

Anderson and his wife and writing partner Rebecca Moesta have written many Star Wars novels and comics, but only three Star Trek books: one Deep Space Nine novel (Highest Score) and two Next Generation graphic novels (The Corn Crisis, book 1 and The Corn Crisis, book 2).
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Re: More Ass-Hackery

Post by TheDukester »

Oh, for the love of the sweet little baby Jesus ...

This is the guy who is in charge of Dune! It's a goddamn travesty. Could anything possibly top "Trekkies and zombies" for proof that Keith Anderjacket is nothing but a rent-a-hack?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I swear, why anyone considers this guy to be anything other than a fan-fic writer is beyond me.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Check the linked page again: looks like it was a mistake.

Interesting that the Asshat Pickle Fucker can hop to and comment on something like this, but never has had the balls to comment on Dune Novels or any other forum he doesn't control completely.

Still, it's interesting that this Kevin D. Anderson's website is exofire.net and KJA's is wordfire.com....
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

But ... but ... that's not as good. Or funny. Plus, my finely-tuned sense of moral outrage is all messed up now.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I posted a comment about not being surprised had it actually been Kevin J. Let's see if they pass it through.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Highest Score! wrote:
Jake and Nog have hit the jackpot playing holo videogames in the Amusement Arcade. An alien named Kwiltek has offered them jobs helping him run remote-controlled mining operations on a distant planet where dull mining is turned into a thrilling video game. In the "gaming room," teams of kids work together monitoring the operations by remote control, loading cargo and defending against the most frightening "threats" they've ever seen on-screen. Now Jake and Nog can show their stuff! Soon they're competing with other alien kids to see who can haul the most ore.

It's the ultimate game -- with pay! Until the night Jake and Nog slip into the command center and see a roomful of screens displaying real-life images of a devastated world where desperate natives are under attack by fighters that look very familiar! Suddenly the game is over -- and the nightmare begins . . .
Both amazon reviews look like they were written by 10 year old, and yes it is listed as a young adult book. Edit, Why do they have an arcade when they have a HOLODECK? Wait, no I don't really want to get into it...

2nd EDIT: Oh GAWDDAMMIT! I was searching through Amazon for some more good old 1 star KJA reviews and I accidentally came across the opening line to Saga book 4: "Though Admiral Stromo was the ranking officer aboard the prowling Manta cruiser, he let acting commander Elly Ramirez make the day-to-day decisions..." WRONG! FAIL! Admirals are never in command of a ship retard! the CAPTAIN IS IN COMMAND OF HIS SHIP, THE ADMIRAL COMMANDS THE FLEET. FUCK YOU FOR KILLING MY BRAIN CELLS AND RAISING MY BLOOD PRESSURE. EVEN WIKIPEDIA IS MORE ACCURATE THAN YOUR HACKY-CRAP. FUCK!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

TheDukester wrote:But ... but ... that's not as good. Or funny. Plus, my finely-tuned sense of moral outrage is all messed up now.
this might cheer you up ;)
On March 5, 2010, Kevin J. Anderson said: Respond
Sounds like an interesting book, but that's not me. It's someone named Kevin David Anderson, though I admit it's damned confusing.

On the more minor correction side, my wife and I wrote only one ST:TNG graphic novel, and it's "The GORN Crisis" (the big lizard guys), not "The Corn Crisis :lol: :lol: :lol: ."
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:But ... but ... that's not as good. Or funny. Plus, my finely-tuned sense of moral outrage is all messed up now.
Don't worry, I'm sure that over the years this thread will see a lot of action. His fanboys were probably sending him messages telling him how excited they were over this. I think he's actually disappointed that he didn't get in on this. Some other Kevin Anderson is moving in on his franchise fucking strategy.

And what is up with the writer? Could he have fucked up this article any more than he did? I love that he called Keith's book The Corn Crisis. :lol:

I wonder where he plagiarized that from. I hope he didn't get paid to write that.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ampoliros wrote:Both amazon reviews look like they were written by 10 year old, and yes it is listed as a young adult book. Edit, Why do they have an arcade when they have a HOLODECK? Wait, no I don't really want to get into it...
And you've got to love the "Kem Antilles" pseudonym, too. More proof that everything is just Star Wars to that great fictioneer Kevin J. Anderson.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

my comment -
however, poor researching aside,
it is not beyond the realm of possibilities
(or probabilities) that TheKJA would come up
with a scenario like this, so the author of the
blurb should be forgiven.

understandable confusion.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Both our comments have been put through. Score. :)