Shilling KJA-style may become illegal?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Shilling KJA-style may become illegal?

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:Did you not think that his organization would grow and change
No, no more than the man himself does.

Other than his waist size, I mean.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:It's a crystal clear statement.
But, yet again, it's not what the point was. You took my post and inserted it into a different part of the discussion. I wasn't talking about points and prizes; that was other people. I was talking about you.

Confuse, distract, misdirect, and obscure. I'll admit, Brian, you are nothing short of a master at these tactics. It's actually sort of breath-taking to witness such mastery.

I'll try one more time, even though I know it won't work. This will literally be a yes-or-no question. It's binary, it's a 0 or a 1, it's a switch that's either on or off — however you want to look at it. Here goes:

"Brain Conway, are you a member of the KJA Special Forces site?"

I eagerly await your answer, which I'm guessing will be something about Bronso of Ix. Or any other thing I didn't ask about.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

redbugpest wrote:
rain_maker wrote:
redbugpest wrote:Sorry, but you fail.

You are not reading it, you are interpreting it.

As a Special Forces member, we will be asking you to help us spread the word when a new project is released. This means we’ll want you to:
Post Blogs
Post Links
Post reviews on Amazon.com and other sites
Get involved in discussion groups
Provide local support (as needed) for Kevin's appearances and signings

Some rewards of membership include:
Charter Membership in the KJA Special Forces
Members-only bulletin board with direct access to Kevin J.Anderson, who will be participating and answering your questions.
A chance to win Advance Reading Copies of books not yet available in bookstores
Reading draft chapters and sneak previews of works in progress
Reading hard-to-find short stories from the KJA writing vault
Prizes and drawings
Special Invitations, Offers, and Discounts at http://www.anderzoneshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exclusive Special Forces gear
Special gifts for assisting at signings or conventions

No mention of payment (including points) at all. You are trying to make the connection that because it says "We will be asking you to" and "Some rewards of membership are" that it means that you get stuff to post reviews.

Wrong. Posting reviews earns you nothing at all in cash, merchandise, or points. If you believe that I AM a member of KJASF, they you must also believe that I have access to information that you do not have.

I am stating it as a FACT. Posting a review earns zip, zero, nada. Plain and simple.
The bold parts prove your FAIL.
If the Hack removed the words "Post reviews on Amazon.com and other sites" from the "As a Special Forces member you'll be expected to" paragraph then, in fact, your argument would be correct. Unfortunately, for you, if (a) members are expected to post reviews and (b) members recieve compensation (prizes, gear, gifts, etc), then members are receiving compensation for posting reviews. Thus, any Special Forces member is a paid hack who should be required to disclose this fact when posting a review.

Additionally, your ongoing refusal to confirm your membership in the Special Forces is meaningless, considering that we have proof that you were a member when it started up.

FAIL ... again.
Again, because you appear to not be able to read or to comprehend what I am saying...

Posting reviews earns you nothing at all in cash, merchandise, or points.

Quit trying to use the text on the registration page in an out of context manner. There is no requirement to participate in any manner for membership. You just have to be an invited fan.
Do the hard to find stories in the KJA Writing Vault include The Notes?

Can anyone even begin to imagine what the shite in the KJA Writing Valut is like? This is the drivel that hasn't made it into one of KJA's innumerable books. Just how bad does it have to be to fail to make it into KJA's published shite?

How does the reward system work on Speshual Forces?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

chanilover wrote:Can anyone even begin to imagine what the shite in the KJA Writing Valut is like? This is the drivel that hasn't made it into one of KJA's innumerable books. Just how bad does it have to be to fail to make it into KJA's published shite?
Excellent points.

So the biggest hack working in the English language today — a guy who literally talks to himself out in the woods and calls it "writing" — has stuff that has been discarded? :shock:

It must be unspeakably bad. Really, words fail me. My mind is, right now, simply rejecting the notion of how bad that crap must be.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

So if you know I am a member, and I am telling you that member reviews do not earn any cash, merchendise, or points, why do you think I am muddying the water?
Maybe because you insist on a hypocritical statement, saying that "as a member you are expected to do X,Y,Z" doesnt mean "we require you to do X,Y,Z".
The word used is different but the goal asked is the same, to encourage people to do those things as a promise of membership and "goodies".

This is very close to what L Ron Hubbard and his cronies did for his book.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:It's a crystal clear statement.
But, yet again, it's not what the point was. You took my post and inserted it into a different part of the discussion. I wasn't talking about points and prizes; that was other people. I was talking about you.

Confuse, distract, misdirect, and obscure. I'll admit, Brian, you are nothing short of a master at these tactics. It's actually sort of breath-taking to witness such mastery.

I'll try one more time, even though I know it won't work. This will literally be a yes-or-no question. It's binary, it's a 0 or a 1, it's a switch that's either on or off — however you want to look at it. Here goes:

"Brain Conway, are you a member of the KJA Special Forces site?"

I eagerly await your answer, which I'm guessing will be something about Bronso of Ix. Or any other thing I didn't ask about.
I want to why is it that you guys are so obsessed with my answering this question, if you already know the answer? What possible benefit would you derive from it, and better yet, what benefit would I derive from it? Or would I just be opening myself up to increased attacks?

There was no attempt to confuse, distract, or obscure anything, as I was clear in my first post in this thread that I was choosing to not answer that. I was clear on the fact that KJASF reviewers get nothing for their efforts (addressing the original topic by Lundse).

If you are so hung up on my stating weatherer or not I am a member of KJASF, give me a compelling reason for how or why it benefits me.

BTW did you know there is a Star Trek Voyager connection to Bronso of IX? He is actually the illegitimate son of Seven of IX.... :whistle:

Post by Serkanner »

Yo Conway!

TOOL!!!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Seraphan wrote:
So if you know I am a member, and I am telling you that member reviews do not earn any cash, merchendise, or points, why do you think I am muddying the water?
Maybe because you insist on a hypocritical statement, saying that "as a member you are expected to do X,Y,Z" doesnt mean "we require you to do X,Y,Z".
The word used is different but the goal asked is the same, to encourage people to do those things as a promise of membership and "goodies".

There is no requirement to do anything, nor do you HAVE to do anything to GET the benefits listed.

An example is that the WoD advanced reading copies were given to the first x number of members who expressed a desire to get one.

I don't know how I can say it any clearer than that...

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:If you are so hung up on my stating weatherer or not I am a member of KJASF, give me a compelling reason for how or why it benefits me.
You'll accrue massive Jacurutu Jackal Points™.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Seraphan wrote:

There is no requirement to do anything, nor do you HAVE to do anything to GET the benefits listed.

An example is that the WoD advanced reading copies were given to the first x number of members who expressed a desire to get one.

I don't know how I can say it any clearer than that...
You cant because its not true. READ the frontpage. No interpretation needed.

TOOL!

and wrote a Dune Novel."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:I want to why is it that you guys are so obsessed with my answering this question, if you already know the answer? What possible benefit would you derive from it, and better yet, what benefit would I derive from it? Or would I just be opening myself up to increased attacks?

There was no attempt to confuse, distract, or obscure anything, as I was clear in my first post in this thread that I was choosing to not answer that. I was clear on the fact that KJASF reviewers get nothing for their efforts (addressing the original topic by Lundse).

If you are so hung up on my stating weatherer or not I am a member of KJASF, give me a compelling reason for how or why it benefits me.

BTW did you know there is a Star Trek Voyager connection to Bronso of IX? He is actually the illegitimate son of Seven of IX.... :whistle:
TheDukester wrote:I eagerly await your answer, which I'm guessing will be something about Bronso of Ix. Or any other thing I didn't ask about.
Yeah, I knew it. I guess I just had to give it a shot.

A yes-or-no question gets answered with a classic 156-word example of misdirection. How amazingly predictable. You could have saved yourself 155 words and gained a measure of respect by just saying, "Yes," Brian.

But, man, that must be some club you guys have got going over there. Maybe one day I'll actually run into someone with the guts to stand behind their actions who will just admit that they are, in fact, a Special Treehouse member.

I won't hold my breath, though.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:
redbugpest wrote:If you are so hung up on my stating weatherer or not I am a member of KJASF, give me a compelling reason for how or why it benefits me.

:o

It's more likely that there will be an up tic in the general garbage aimed at me here and elsewhere. Why would I want to put myself on the firing line even more so than I am now....

Post by rain_maker »

redbugpest wrote:
rain_maker wrote:
redbugpest wrote:Sorry, but you fail.

You are not reading it, you are interpreting it.

As a Special Forces member, we will be asking you to help us spread the word when a new project is released. This means we’ll want you to:
Post Blogs
Post Links
Post reviews on Amazon.com and other sites
Get involved in discussion groups
Provide local support (as needed) for Kevin's appearances and signings

Some rewards of membership include:
Charter Membership in the KJA Special Forces
Members-only bulletin board with direct access to Kevin J.Anderson, who will be participating and answering your questions.
A chance to win Advance Reading Copies of books not yet available in bookstores
Reading draft chapters and sneak previews of works in progress
Reading hard-to-find short stories from the KJA writing vault
Prizes and drawings
Special Invitations, Offers, and Discounts at http://www.anderzoneshop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exclusive Special Forces gear
Special gifts for assisting at signings or conventions

No mention of payment (including points) at all. You are trying to make the connection that because it says "We will be asking you to" and "Some rewards of membership are" that it means that you get stuff to post reviews.

Wrong. Posting reviews earns you nothing at all in cash, merchandise, or points. If you believe that I AM a member of KJASF, they you must also believe that I have access to information that you do not have.

I am stating it as a FACT. Posting a review earns zip, zero, nada. Plain and simple.
The bold parts prove your FAIL.
If the Hack removed the words "Post reviews on Amazon.com and other sites" from the "As a Special Forces member you'll be expected to" paragraph then, in fact, your argument would be correct. Unfortunately, for you, if (a) members are expected to post reviews and (b) members recieve compensation (prizes, gear, gifts, etc), then members are receiving compensation for posting reviews. Thus, any Special Forces member is a paid hack who should be required to disclose this fact when posting a review.

Additionally, your ongoing refusal to confirm your membership in the Special Forces is meaningless, considering that we have proof that you were a member when it started up.

FAIL ... again.
Again, because you appear to not be able to read or to comprehend what I am saying...

Posting reviews earns you nothing at all in cash, merchandise, or points.

Quit trying to use the text on the registration page in an out of context manner. There is no requirement to participate in any manner for membership. You just have to be an invited fan.
What portion is out of context? I just bolded some of it. Is there more information on the registration page, such that the above is merely a partial citation (and thus out of context)?

I do not think you understand what "out of context" means.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Why use one word when 156 words will pad things out quite nicely and make another 20 chapters. KJA's verbal squits must be contagious.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

redbugpest wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

It's more likely that there will be an up tic in the general garbage aimed at me here and elsewhere. Why would I want to put myself on the firing line even more so than I am now....
Question. Why do you put yourself on the firing line at all? Why bother?
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:I want to why is it that you guys are so obsessed with my answering this question, if you already know the answer? What possible benefit would you derive from it, and better yet, what benefit would I derive from it? Or would I just be opening myself up to increased attacks?

TheDukester wrote:I eagerly await your answer, which I'm guessing will be something about Bronso of Ix. Or any other thing I didn't ask about.
Yeah, I knew it. I guess I just had to give it a shot.

A yes-or-no question gets answered with a classic 156-word example of misdirection. How amazingly predictable. You could have saved yourself 155 words and gained a measure of respect by just saying, "Yes," Brian.

But, man, that must be some club you guys have got going over there. Maybe one day I'll actually run into someone with the guts to stand behind their actions who will just admit that they are, in fact, a Special Treehouse member.

I won't hold my breath, though.
If you would have come up with a compelling reason, I would have answered you. I'm not so sure that i would have gained any more respect that i have now which is really disrespect ATM).

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:Why would I want to put myself on the firing line even more so than I am now....
Please don't play the Victim Card™, Brian. I'm asking nicely.

You give as good as you get. And, near as I can tell, you came out firing with all batteries this morning. There's no reason to add "hypocrite" to your list of issues.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

chanilover wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
SandChigger wrote:

Question. Why do you put yourself on the firing line at all? Why bother?
I ask myself that alot. It does seem like a no win situation for me (and no, I am not referring to any comparisons between dune facts with this statement, so you can hold the chorus of comments).

I think it is because when I take the time to sift the shit, I occasionally find a nugget of gold.

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:If you would have ...
BZZZTTTT!!!

Just stop right there. :hand:

I don't care, Brian. I know you're a member. I was just curious to see if you would answer a yes-or-no question to that effect.

And I have my answer: no, you would not.

So, fine. End of discussion. No more misdirection is needed.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

redbugpest wrote:I am a member...I am clarifying an issue that seems to be a major problem for you all...It's a crystal clear statement.
There

Done, lets move on.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

TheDukester wrote:
BZZZTTTT!!!

I don't care, Brian. I know you're a member. I was just curious to see if you would answer a yes-or-no question to that effect.

Some time ago Contway was asked another yes or no question. I am not sure he ever answered that one with one word either. Let's just ask him again.

Based on the original six novels: Where was Paul Atreides born? Caladan or Kaitain?

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

East L.A.?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

The Bronx?
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:Why would I want to put myself on the firing line even more so than I am now....
Please don't play the Victim Card™, Brian. I'm asking nicely.
I'm not playing the victim card (which BTW I do not think you can TM). It is a real concern. You haven't walked a mile in my shoes (so to speak).
But since you have indicated that it is just to satisfy your curiosity, or to confirm that which you really already know, yes, I am in fact a member of the KJASF.

Now please do not make me regret my decision to confirm this.

I can be reasonable when I am being dealt with in a reasonable manner in return.
TheDukester wrote: You give as good as you get. And, near as I can tell, you came out firing with all batteries this morning. There's no reason to add "hypocrite" to your list of issues.
Yes, I can give as goo as I get, and have made a serious effort to show restraint, in an attempt to get beyond the bad feelings, and would like to keep it that way. Trust me, If I decided to let the insanity run wild, even SC would be shocked and speechless.... 8)

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
BZZZTTTT!!!

Some time ago Contway was asked another yes or no question. I am not sure he ever answered that one with one word either. Let's just ask him again.

Based on the original six novels: Where was Paul Atreides born? Caladan or Kaitain?
Answered in another thread - Caladan

Guess you missed that one.....