Shilling KJA-style may become illegal?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

redbugpest

Re: Shilling KJA-style may become illegal?

Post by redbugpest »

Blah, Blah, Blah...

You refuse to accept the truth because it is an inconvenient truth...but it is still the truth....

Post by SadisticCynic »

That sounds familiar...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

redbugpest wrote:Blah, Blah, Blah...

You refuse to accept the truth because it is an inconvenient truth...but it is still the truth....

the truth?.
the truth?
HOMER: Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown.
CHINATOWN!!!!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Brian, seriously, you can do the Blah, Blah, Blah™ thing all you want to, but that doesn't change the fact that this thread was completely stalled at about six posts on a single, two-day-old page until you showed up this morning. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were just a little bit sensitive about this whole subject. You know, "Methinks the Pestie doth protest too much" and all that.

And please, please, please stop trying to bullshit us on the points thing. We have screenshots of Anderjacket himself describing how the points process would work and how points could be redeemed for merchandise. We know it was a big part of the site, so I'm not sure who you think you're trying to fool here.

You say there's no points over there now? Fine, great, whatever. That only proves that your hero finally allowed two neurons to spark together and admit that the program was actually doing more harm than good. Or else he sees the same writing on the wall that the rest of us see in terms of this FTC thing, and, like all rats, he's looking for a way off the sinking ship. He's good at editing out history like that.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:Brian, seriously, you can do the Blah, Blah, Blah™ thing all you want to, but that doesn't change the fact that this thread was completely stalled at about six posts on a single, two-day-old page until you showed up this morning. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were just a little bit sensitive about this whole subject. You know, "Methinks the Pestie doth protest too much" and all that.

And please, please, please stop trying to bullshit us on the points thing. We have screenshots of Anderjacket himself describing how the points process would work and how points could be redeemed for merchandise. We know it was a big part of the site, so I'm not sure who you think you're trying to fool here.

You say there's no points over there now? Fine, great, whatever. That only proves that your hero finally allowed two neurons to spark together and admit that the program was actually doing more harm than good. Or else he sees the same writing on the wall that the rest of us see in terms of this FTC thing, and, like all rats, he's looking for a way off the sinking ship. He's good at editing out history like that.
Your info is way out of date - the whole point of my speaking up in the first place.

The original message was, I believe, from DebRay, not KJA himself. But the point is that when I tell you that there is no compensation for reviews, that it is a true and accurate statement. Those of us that participate really do not care about the stuff, do not participate in any point exchanges that were posted in the past, and told them that the whole points thing really was not necessary, and most people really were not tracking what they did anyway.

That decision was made a while ago, long before the recent FTC thing...

I may sound repetitious, but that is due to other continuing to attempt to use the registration text as proof that what I am saying is not true, even after clearly stating that my information was not from that source, but from a direct source (the site).

I would like to put this issue to bed, so I am telling you all this so that all the BS about paid reviews will just stop, because it is untrue.

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Brian, seriously, you can do the Blah, Blah, Blah™ thing all you want to, but that doesn't change the fact that this thread was completely stalled at about six posts on a single, two-day-old page until you showed up this morning. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were just a little bit sensitive about this whole subject. You know, "Methinks the Pestie doth protest too much" and all that.

Your info is way out of date - the whole point of my speaking up in the first place.

The original message was, I believe, from DebRay, not KJA himself. But the point is that when I tell you that there is no compensation for reviews, that it is a true and accurate statement. Those of us that participate really do not care about the stuff, do not participate in any point exchanges that were posted in the past, and told them that the whole points thing really was not necessary, and most people really were not tracking what they did anyway.

I may sound repetitious, but that is due to other continuing to attempt to use the registration text as proof that what I am saying is not true, even after clearly stating that my information was not from that source, but from a direct source (the site).

I would like to put this issue to bed, so I am telling you all this so that all the BS about paid reviews will just stop, because it is untrue.
Of course everybody will just take your word for it; somebody who has deliberately lied about his membership of the fucking site in the first place.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

Of course everybody will just take your word for it; somebody who has deliberately lied about his membership of the fucking site in the first place.
I just refused to disclose...

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:I would like to put this issue to bed, so I am telling you all this so that all the BS about paid reviews will just stop, because it is untrue.
All of which is fine.

Much of the outrage had already died down from that particular issue (again, I point to the fact that the thread itself was pretty much just sitting there), so I really think this is a bigger deal to you than it is to most of us. Lately, it was just another easy way to mock Kevin's vast insecurities and desperate need for validation.

You realize, though, that your favorite author has a long, long way to go before he rids himself of the reputation for being a magnet for shill reviews, right? That has nothing to do with us, either; it must be the type of fan he attracts. Anyone with one-quarter of a working brain can look at TheKJA's 5- and 4-star reviews at a place like Amazon and clearly see that most of them are from people who have never read the book in question. Some are so obviously just a re-hash of the marketing materials that a 10-year-old wouldn't be fooled. It's just shameful.

In terms of restoring Keith's reputation, you'd do far better to contact those people and ask them to stop posting shill reviews. You're wasting your time trying to convince us it's not happening.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.
I'm an atheist.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:I would like to put this issue to bed, so I am telling you all this so that all the BS about paid reviews will just stop, because it is untrue.
All of which is fine.

Much of the outrage had already died down from that particular issue (again, I point to the fact that the thread itself was pretty much just sitting there), so I really think this is a bigger deal to you than it is to most of us. Lately, it was just another easy way to mock Kevin's vast insecurities and desperate need for validation.

You realize, though, that your favorite author has a long, long way to go before he rids himself of the reputation for being a magnet for shill reviews, right? That has nothing to do with us, either; it must be the type of fan he attracts. Anyone with one-quarter of a working brain can look at TheKJA's 5- and 4-star reviews at a place like Amazon and clearly see that most of them are from people who have never read the book in question. Some are so obviously just a re-hash of the marketing materials that a 10-year-old wouldn't be fooled. It's just shameful.

In terms of restoring Keith's reputation, you'd do far better to contact those people and ask them to stop posting shill reviews. You're wasting your time trying to convince us it's not happening.
Fine,

As for this thread, today was the first day I saw it, so today is the day I posted... It attracted my attention because of Lundse's relentless pursuit of the paid review claim, which as been ongoing over on my blog.

I've got 2 years to sharpen my review writing skills before the next Dune book anyway.

BTW - If anyone was planning on reading the new Dan Brown book, don't bother...It really wasn't good. I'll be reviewing it on Amazon soon...

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.
I'm an atheist.
You don't have to believe in Jesus for Jesus to believe in you...

And I still think you are an asshat :)

Post by Freakzilla »

Jesus was a human-alien hybrid become zombie.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

you've been wingnutting again :mrgreen:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:It attracted my attention because of Lundse's relentless pursuit of the paid review claim, which as been ongoing over on my blog.
Holy hell! You guys have been going at it! How did I miss all that fun?

Good for both of you — a little discussion never hurt anyone. Are you both still breathing? Yes. Has the world ended? No. So, good, get in there and mix it up!

(BTW, the new site looks 10,000 percent better. Nice work, seriously (no sarcasm). I mean, you're still dead wrong about most of this stuff, but at least now I can read how wrong you are without all the eye-strain).
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:It attracted my attention because of Lundse's relentless pursuit of the paid review claim, which as been ongoing over on my blog.
Holy hell! You guys have been going at it! How did I miss all that fun?

Good for both of you — a little discussion never hurt anyone. Are you both still breathing? Yes. Has the world ended? No. So, good, get in there and mix it up!
It has been interesting, to say the least.
TheDukester wrote: BTW, the new site looks 10,000 percent better. Nice work, seriously (no sarcasm). I mean, you're still dead wrong about most of this stuff, but at least now I can read how wrong you are without all the eye-strain).
Thanks,

I am trying to learn more about WordPress and theme design, so it will be changing some more as I find time. I cannot take credit for the theme on there now though, it is a canned theme that I have been modifying as I go.

I'm expanding the blogging horizon too, with a larger variety of content.

Post by Freakzilla »

If real life stops getting in the way one day, I plan on fixing this place up.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.
I'm an atheist.

It should be clear by now that I don't give a damn about what you think. Your mental abilities are so full of shit every word you utter is indeed verbal diarhhea.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You lied.
I'm an atheist.

It should be clear by now that I don't give a damn about what you think. Your mental abilities are so full of shit every word you utter is indeed verbal diarhhea.

Post by lotek »

:lol: :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D

(Oh for the day when some people will learn to quote properly, and not just repost whole messages. :roll: )
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:(Oh for the day when some people will learn to quote properly, and not just repost whole messages. :roll: )
hey it's really a complicated task, dont' be so mean!
You have to select the text you want to quote and erase the rest: two actions in a short time span, not everyone can multi-task like that :)

(have you considered he might be doing it on purpose? yeah it would be sad but in character; your guess is as good as mine_probably better since he seems to have a special fondness for you :lol: )
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, that has indeed occurred to me. And not to me alone, I see. ;)

(By the way, in case of any confusion, I was referring specifically to Pestie above. Of course, I guess we should be glad he's made as much progress as he has, considering how totally fucked he was at it when he first showed up. :roll: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I just realized what a fucking hypocrit that ass-hole is. Starting a whole topic about more moderation here because of all the name-calling and stuff and then he insults me to tears :tissue2: with his bad mouthing. I think its time agian to only use the :hand: on little contway until he starts talking Dune ( for once ).

and wrote a Dune Novel."