Winds of Controversy

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

KJA Special Forces

Winds of Controversy

Post by KJA Special Forces »

Ronald Craig has gone so far as to set up his own blog, Hairy Ticks of Dune, whose sole purpose seems to be to make fun of anything that is KJA related. He has also been ridiculing KJA on Twitter, as was reported by the keeping the door blog, and his cohorts at Jacurutu are now making outrageous claims like:

•Brian Herbert doesn’t really write the books, it’s all KJA.
•There were no new notes and outline found by HPL for “Dune 7”(which was released as two books, Hunters of Dune, and Sandworms of Dune).
•That it is a provable FACT that Tor/McMillan, Kevin J. Anderson, the HPL have conspired for years in an absolutely shameful campaign to remove negative reviews of Dune books at Amazon.
•That Kevin J. Anderson is paying members of his fan site to post good reviews at Amazon.
All of these claims are, of course, unsubstantiated; though a member of the Jacurutu crew (Mr. Teg) claims to work in publishing and has direct knowledge of how Amazon never removes reviews unless they are requested to by the account holder (in this case TOR and HPL). I am researching this particular claim and will post more on it later, though it seems to be related to the more industry as a whole, and not tied to any one author or publisher.

http://armiesofchaos.com/archives/124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ronald Craig = Freakziller?
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Winds of Controversy

Post by Freakzilla »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Ronald Craig = Freakziller?
No.

As for your bulleted points, Jacurutu does not endorse or sponsor any of those claims or actions by it's members. However you are welcome to discuss them here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
KJA Special Forces

Ronald Craig = Sandchigger!

Makes sense.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
KJA Special Forces

There is a legal case building vs. Ronald Craig for Slander and Impersonation.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

KJA Special Forces wrote:There is a legal case building vs. Ronald Craig for Slander and Impersonation.
That's between KJA and him and has nothing to do with us.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

KJA Special Forces wrote:There is a legal case building vs. Ronald Craig for Slander and Impersonation.
First of all, if it's written down somewhere it's called libel. Second, I'm pretty sure that if the HLP thought they could substantiate, even in part, a claim against Mr. Craig for Defamation of any kind (Impersonation in not a tort in any common law jurisdiction that I am aware of) they would have done so many years ago.

As it currently stands, both the doctrines of "fair comment" and "truth" apply to pretty much everything I've ever viewed by Mr. Craig.

In any event, the HLP will never actually make a claim against Ronald Craig, because to do so will place them in the difficult position of being required by a Court to produce Frank Herbert's alleged "notes" and any and all further material upon which the Hack and Bobo have claimed to base their bad fanfiction. This would be particularly funny, because I could easily see a scenario where a small legal "class" is compiled to claim against the HLP, the Hack and Bobo for misrepresentation and, possibly, fraud, once the truth of the matter is brought to light. I know I would put in my part to claim back the approximately $160 (8 books x $20 per book) I spent on the bad fanfiction.

Finally, Brian Herbert should be ashamed of himself, as should any member of the Herbert family, for permitting and participating in the raping of Frank Herbert's legacy and the literary masterpiece that is the true, original Dune.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I love to see the HLP court ordered to produce the alleged "notes and outline". :lol:
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

And there it is: the official failure point.

It's like Godwin's Law, except insert "retarded legal threat" for "Nazis."

You are made of fail, troll.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Sev

Post by Sev »

So the Armies of Chaos link means that 'KJA Special Forces' is 'Restless Knight' - who, I thought, was Conway :?

Whoever they are, they're talking shite.
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
KJA Special Forces

Ronald Craig is epic win
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

And what makes you privy to such exclusive HLP legal information?

Oh right, you're not. You just have a beef with Chig. I think you made this adequately clear already, SwordMaster.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sev wrote:So the Armies of Chaos link means that 'KJA Special Forces' is 'Restless Knight' - who, I thought, was Conway
Or someone who wants us to think it's Conway.

The problem is, it doesn't matter. The entire thing has become incredibly unfunny, no matter who it is. Even trolling has a certain skill-set, and whoever this is just doesn't have it.

Pure fail.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
KJA Special Forces

Ronald Craig will win his legal case.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces

TheDukester - That looks like a perfect poster for you, do you hang one in your bedroom?
lotek

Post by lotek »

remind me why you came on this board, I get lost in your rantings...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Well, according to its very first post — back when it was just SwordMaster writing in normal English — the troll is here because:
Troll wrote:Your message board has been identified as the main source of the cyber terrorist activities occurring around our great leader Kevin J Anderson. Now that we have found you, our members will be joining your community to take a stand for a great author and visionary. We will fight back all of the slander and pathetic attempts to discredit Kevin.
But that's since morphed into something else, I guess. Now the troll is just using a bunch of fake ESL writing to explain why it's not a troll. Or something. It can't seem to decide what its function is today.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Aside from being a colossal waste of time and money they'd actually be forced into a discussion about how terrible they actually are. I don't think this is the kind of publicity they're looking for while their sales are worse and worse with each new "book".
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Post by lotek »

his function has been to allow me to find more anti troll pics and on the side having a good virtual laugh...
as it's been said somewhere else, any one can be an internet nuisance but to be a troll you need some consistency, which is a word that any kjass licker has removed from its vocabulary(it's a so special forces initiation rite, the would be brown nose has to eat the cutting from a dictionnary, I cannot say the rest it's too :puke: )

so

it is/was a massive
Frenzy of
Ass
Internal
Licking

go back to your master Igor!
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Sev wrote:So the Armies of Chaos link means that 'KJA Special Forces' is 'Restless Knight' - who, I thought, was Conway :?

Whoever they are, they're talking shite.
Sorry to disappoint you, but it is not me...

Post by lotek »

hello!
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

lotek wrote:hello!
Hello to you to! :)

I love this place. It is super cool!

I have a function of being a fan boy to KJA. Thats all. Why so much hate?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

KJA Special Forces wrote:I love this place. It is super cool!

I have a function of being a fan boy to KJA. Thats all. Why so much hate?
So, when are you going to start defending him? Saying "he's great" and "he makes lots of money" is only hurting your cause.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

why so much hate????
haven't you even read his mcdunes???

That's why!

Jeez' now i'm bored...