Winds of Controversy

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

redbugpest

Re: Winds of Controversy

Post by redbugpest »

Get used to it. Fans of KJA are a minority here. 

You really should play nice.

32 days away has mellowed my angst quite a bit, and I was hoping that it did the same for the folks here. Please don’t stir the pot just to stir it. I’d like to have some civil conversations between the KJA fans and the not so warm and fuzzy on KJA crowd….

But, it's nice to not be the only KJA fan here now... :D

Post by KJA Special Forces »

redbugpest wrote:Get used to it. Fans of KJA are a minority here. 

You really should play nice.

32 days away has mellowed my angst quite a bit, and I was hoping that it did the same for the folks here. Please don’t stir the pot just to stir it. I’d like to have some civil conversations between the KJA fans and the not so warm and fuzzy on KJA crowd….

But, it's nice to not be the only KJA fan here now... :D
I am also happy to have found a non hostile member who is willing to talk about Kevin and his work and dune in general without so much hate for all things new.

@Freakzilla - I will do so once members stop calling me a troll and such. Its difficult to get a word in when you are always defending your self.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

trolling troll is a troll.

edit- lotek, found this one yet ?
http://fukung.net/tags" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one of Nipple's wins ...
Last edited by SandRider on 24 Sep 2009 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:I’d like to have some civil conversations between the KJA fans and the not so warm and fuzzy on KJA crowd….
Great, I think there are some threads waiting for your attention.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
KJA Special Forces

SandRider wrote:trolling troll is a troll.
I love the Sand RIder because he seems like a real dune fan, with less hate then his brother SandChiger
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:I’d like to have some civil conversations between the KJA fans and the not so warm and fuzzy on KJA crowd….

are those the ones titled "ATTENTION: REDBUGPEST" ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

are those the ones titled "ATTENTION: REDBUGPEST" ?
They might be...
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:I will do so once members stop calling me a troll and such. Its difficult to get a word in when you are always defending your self.
The troll plays the sympathy card! Priceless! :clap:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
KJA Special Forces

TheDukester wrote:
KJA Special Forces wrote:I will do so once members stop calling me a troll and such. Its difficult to get a word in when you are always defending your self.
The troll plays the sympathy card! Priceless! :clap:
Thanks its good to see you do have a heart down there under all that hate.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Die painfully in a grease fire, you worthless troll.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
KJA Special Forces

TheDukester wrote:Die painfully in a grease fire, you worthless troll.
Thats a bit out of line dont you think? I dont think you should joke about death, that is really mean of you to say. My mom would slap me for saying something like that to anyone. So rude.
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:trolling troll is a troll.

edit- lotek, found this one yet ?
http://fukung.net/tags" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one of Nipple's wins ...
:shock:

this... is.. too... much... pleasure... must... find... breath... to... say... thanks... !!!!

:mrgreen:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

You will never get to stop defending yourself so long as you keep giving back what you are getting. Try a more pacifistic approach. If someone is only giving you hate, just foe them.

Easy breezy....

redbugpest wrote:You will never get to stop defending yourself so long as you keep giving back what you are getting. Try a more pacifistic approach. If someone is only giving you hate, just foe them.

Easy breezy....
Thanks for the advice. I tried to be insulting to fit in but they just get worse. You are wise, thanks for the advice.
KJA Special Forces

that was so easy, now I just wont see there mean comments. Sorry Duckster I can no longer see your words of hate.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

KJA Special Forces wrote:
redbugpest wrote:You will never get to stop defending yourself so long as you keep giving back what you are getting. Try a more pacifistic approach. If someone is only giving you hate, just foe them.

Easy breezy....
Thanks for the advice. I tried to be insulting to fit in but they just get worse. You are wise, thanks for the advice.
Been there, done that. It doesn’t go over too well. there has to be a meeting of the minds and an acceptance of the concept that it is ok for people to have other views (on both sides) before understanding of what is banter and what is real angst can take place.

With that being said, I am extending an open apology of any past instances that may have been , or were perceived as inflammatory towards anyone here.

It’s all too easy to let our passions override our good judgment.

Post by Freakzilla »

If you try legitimately defending KJA's Dune writings, we will respond in kind. If you just say, "KJA is great, you're wrong" you will be labeled a troll.

We have multiple topics here on WHY KJA's writing sucks, pick one and have at it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

redbugpest wrote:

Easy breezy....
Been there, done that. It doesn’t go over too well. there has to be a meeting of the minds and an acceptance of the concept that it is ok for people to have other views (on both sides) before understanding of what is banter and what is real angst can take place.

With that being said, I am extending an open apology of any past instances that may have been , or were perceived as inflammatory towards anyone here.

Get out of here troll. I tried very hard to treat you well and gave you an honest chance to debate the quality of the hack's writing, and you danced around issues and spent most of your time insulting people. You behaved like a child and dissapointed me, dispite my already low expectations.
KJA Special Forces

redbugpest wrote:

Easy breezy....

You sound like a really reasonable person, and I think your appoligy shows that. I have tried not to let my passion push me away from this place.

@Freakzilla - I am going to try, many of these threads are long and seem to be cluttered with inside jokes and the such from the likes of the hate members. You have actually posted some thoughtful things related to inconsistancy from the original novels to the new set of books, I would like to look into this further and confirm some of your findings. I am not just a fan boy, I will look into this and respond with facts and data, not just unconditional support/hate.
KJA Special Forces

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

Easy breezy....

Get out of here troll. I tried very hard to treat you well and gave you an honest chance to debate the quality of the hack's writing, and you danced around issues and spent most of your time insulting people. You behaved like a child and dissapointed me, dispite my already low expectations.
Who did I insult?
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

KJA Special Forces wrote:that was so easy, now I just wont see there mean comments. Sorry Duckster I can no longer see your words of hate.

The Dukester has a lot of passion, and though I may not agree with him, he does exhibit some integrity when it comes to his word. He promised to quit hating at me if I would just genuinely participate and attempt to answer some of the questions directed at me, and when I did, he stopped.
That is why I suggested a stop to the rhetoric. It just perpetuates the division and the angst. Of course, if you need to keep him on the Foe list to keep from being distracted or pulled back into rhetoric, then that is a great use of it.

He seems to just hate me because I like KJA. Its difficult to respond to insults without more insults. If he asks me anything, I will not see it because I foed him. If he has a question he can ask someone else to ask me and I will respond to it.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Who did I insult?
That one wasn't directed at you. You need to follow the quoting better.

+++++

Brian, just please tell me: this isn't you, right? Because the "sign on at the same time as two different people" thing never works.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Easy breezy....

owkay so that's what it was...
and me thinking you were a troll when you were just trying to make new friends...
ow how I regret being so mean now...

... NOT!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
KJA Special Forces

redbugpest - Did he ask something?