Winds of Controversy

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: Winds of Controversy

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omphalos wrote:He "wrote" another book like that called Songs of Paul, or something like that, which is nothing but the poetry and songs from the Dune books.
Songs of Muad'dib actually, and it actually has a whole bunch of otherwise unpublished poetry by FH as well. I own that one too.
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:He "wrote" another book like that called Songs of Paul, or something like that, which is nothing but the poetry and songs from the Dune books.
Songs of Muad'dib actually, and it actually has a whole bunch of otherwise unpublished poetry by FH as well. I own that one too.
Case closed.

Bobo is in it for the money. Period.
This explains his hiring of the Hack, his limited "involvement" and the lies about the alleged notes.
Bobo doesn't actually care about his father's legacy, he just wants a pay cheque.

For a while there I thought it was possible that he had been, basically, bullied into things by either the HLP or the Hack and simply lacked the fortitude of character to respond, but at that time I was unaware of his other Dune related "books" (note: I did know about Dreamer of Dune, but a book by a son about his father, at the time, seemed so endearing and "human")

What a sad and pathetic human being that he would trade his father's legacy for cash. Dune has, in fact, been sold for its water.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

rain_maker wrote:Using the term "real author" gives the Hack too much credit for his hike-tating.
Exactly. I blogged something a while back to the effect that if people like Dan Simmons (and Banks and Miéville) are "authors" then it's erroneous (if not offensive) to use the same word for jokes like Anderson & Herbert.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Don't forget "Notebook of Dune" by Brian Herbert. It looks like a children's book.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(That's the same or a different one from the one Thing mentioned?)
lotek

Post by lotek »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:His prior masterpiece was The Notebooks of Frank Herbert's Dune. :roll:
I actually bought that because I thought it was a collection of notes FH had made while writing Dune. What a ripoff, I paid something like $30 used.
being a compulsive reader I rushed through the butlerian jihad, the machine crusade, before that i'd read the house series a while ago... the sandworms was the last straw(straw?)...
I should have guessed that a Dune read so fast and understood at first read was a con...

did i mention that I bought them?

And all that because of the Dune written on it, a tad because of the Herbert name...
It was a scam true and proper!

And I had absolutely NO IDEA who that KJA character was,
I read quite a lot of sf and never ever came across his name!
those were the days of blissful ignorance, long gone now :tissue2:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:oops:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(OK. :oops: )