• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Everybody Hates Keith

    Image
      Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby D Pope » 03 Jul 2015 18:24

    http://everything2.com/title/Frank+Herbert

    Unfortunately, his notes are being taken up by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert to butcher into a new series of Dune books.
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope
     
    Posts: 1500
    Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
    Location: Grubville

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby Naib » 27 Jul 2015 14:41

    User avatar
    Naib
     
    Posts: 237
    Joined: 30 Jan 2014 15:54

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby lotek » 28 Jul 2015 07:38

    Are those the giant balls squirrels?
    'cause that'd explain a lot ^^
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby D Pope » 30 Jul 2015 11:03

    I hate being teased by shit like this, anyone got any ideas about this post from 2007?
    https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic ... 4&t=110296
    By the way, there's some pretty good vintage hate there, just sayin'.

    The set up,
    Stravo wrote:I don't understand the need for people to read books from authors they know suck ass, they know will get them angry and they know is essentially violating the memories of Herbert's legacy.

    So why are you reading it? He sucks, it's a universal truth you say. So why did you pick up the book and read it? I read the first of these attrocities and never looked back and bought any afterwards.

    If you've been reading all of them, guess what? You have no real basis to say he sucks because you're paying him to provide you with this story you supposedly think sucks. You deserve what you get.


    ...and the pea under my mattresses,
    Cairon wrote:Because the outline/synopsis for it is available on Wikipedia...

    If you want the definition of fuck up, you'll find it with that summary.

    @Stravo.


    No freaking way he's talking about Dune7 "notes!"
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope
     
    Posts: 1500
    Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
    Location: Grubville

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby D Pope » 30 Jul 2015 11:20

    More conventional stuff,
    JSexton wrote:Even when I was a SW geek and hungrily read every book, even the mediocre ones, I loathed Anderson's books.
    They were awful. Poorly written, dull plot, and it was like he'd never seen a Star Wars movie.
    The characters were out of character the whole time.


    http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/arc ... 62977.html
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope
     
    Posts: 1500
    Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
    Location: Grubville

    Re: Everybody Hates Keith

    Postby lotek » 30 Jul 2015 12:11

    D Pope wrote:I hate being teased by shit like this, anyone got any ideas about this post from 2007?
    https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic ... 4&t=110296
    By the way, there's some pretty good vintage hate there, just sayin'.

    The set up,
    Stravo wrote:I don't understand the need for people to read books from authors they know suck ass, they know will get them angry and they know is essentially violating the memories of Herbert's legacy.

    So why are you reading it? He sucks, it's a universal truth you say. So why did you pick up the book and read it? I read the first of these attrocities and never looked back and bought any afterwards.

    If you've been reading all of them, guess what? You have no real basis to say he sucks because you're paying him to provide you with this story you supposedly think sucks. You deserve what you get.


    ...and the pea under my mattresses,
    Cairon wrote:Because the outline/synopsis for it is available on Wikipedia...

    If you want the definition of fuck up, you'll find it with that summary.

    @Stravo.


    No freaking way he's talking about Dune7 "notes!"


    I don't think he has any idea about anything.
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Previous

    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

    cron