Lets play a game ...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

rain_maker

Lets play a game ...

Post by rain_maker »

...it's called, figure out where Mr. Bobo directly contradicts Frank Herbert in the following interview:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... dune&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For help, here is an interview with Frank Herbert where he directly states the focal point of Dune and, indirectly, the character of Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWM7zIIF9c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It continues to amaze me as to how completely and totally wrong Bobo and the Hack are regarding (i) the basic themes of Dune, (ii) the basic characters of Dune, and, well (iii) Dune in general. I'm also starting to realize that the Hack likely hasn't read Dune at all and, as such, is depending on Bobo for all of his Dune information and background ... which is catastrophic because Bobo is too stupid to have actually understand what he has read. The number of times he says that Paul has "turned" or become "dark" in the time period between Dune and Dune Messiah is proof that he just doesn't get it, at all, in any way. I also particularly enjoyed where Bobo seemed to state that Paul began to direct the jihad (and thus became "dark") in the time period between Dune and Dune Messiah ... this of course being a detail we all know to be untrue, what with Paul using his abilities to shorten the jihad as much as possible and feeling immense regret at the people being killed and the things done in his name.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
lotek

Re: Lets play a game ...

Post by lotek »

started the vid the paused as I realize it is the first time I'm gonna hear their voices both :lol:
ok back to it i'm ready to play :mrgreen:

edit: pause again/what self congratulating wankers! /un pause
edit2: thank you for the second video now that's someone who can talk!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

"some fans did not understand the change in paul"
"well he's a tyrant"

loool
ok
1)there is but one Tyrant and that's not paul
2)paul hasn't turned dark he's lost his first born and knows his terrible purpose
3)it's not some fans that get confused it's just people who haven't read the books
4)"what FH was trying to say is that it's dangerous to follow a charismatic leader because it'll lead you off a cliff" sounds like you learned that lesson well but with the comprehension of an 8th grade :)
5)must stop my ears are starting to bleed from such nonsense

(did you notice the kind of ominous(omnius lol) music to add some tension where there is none? well yeah i'm sure you noticed)

Bobo: "we know you're gonna read it in great detail and we put a lot of effort in this novel"
hikin'hack: "and.. we're big fans ourselves." ha ha ha you had to spin that one just before the end didn't you?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm pretty sure that KJA thinks Paul was 'The Tyrant'.

another question, I've always assumed the "A million deaths were not enough for Yueh!" line to mean the amount of people who would die because of his actions would not stop Yueh in his quest for revenge against the Baron. He evens sacrificed those nearest him.

KJA thinks it was used as a curse: "If a million deaths were not enough to punish Yueh, as the refrain goes, how many deaths would be sufficient for Bronso?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

To be fair, Paul was refered to as a tyrant in DM.

"I am in your debt," Scytale said, sinking to the black mound. He smiled.
Farok displayed wisdom. A sage spoke of loyalty even while listening to songs of
hidden meaning and words with secret messages. Who could deny the terrifying
powers of the tyrant Emperor?

~DM
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

In the Duniverse, there is a large difference in labeling someone a 'tyrant' and 'The Tyrant'. As is in most cases with KJA, what could be a simple mistake by another author betrays KJA's complete lack of care for the IP. He implants key words to suggest he knows what he's talking about but misrepresents the subject so badly as to prove that he doesn't. (i.e. Priests of Dur pre-scattering.)
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:In the Duniverse, there is a large difference in labeling someone a 'tyrant' and 'The Tyrant'. As is in most cases with KJA, what could be a simple mistake by another author betrays KJA's complete lack of care for the IP. He implants key words to suggest he knows what he's talking about but misrepresents the subject so badly as to prove that he doesn't. (i.e. Priests of Dur pre-scattering.)
Does he realy? I haven't looked at his latest few turds. :shock:

That's a mistake so big I can't even imagine McJacket making it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman