This is epic!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

rain_maker

This is epic!

Post by rain_maker »

I realize it's already been mentioned here.

I realize that most of "us" are already either participating or following it.

I realize that my first "real" post here is to reference the smack down being handed out by other members and not by myself, but this must be seen to be believed. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually "win" an argument on the internet.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R13PS7AP7D ... 8&cdPage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
lotek

Re: This is epic!

Post by lotek »

unfortunately you can't win an argument with (p)retards, since they are immune to logic and reason there is no way to make them realize the errors of their ways...
they have a full list of shitty replies they cough up without even being able to stand for them to long...
Conway sez: "Once again, thank you for your illustration of the "openness" of your online community."

you're welcome.
It's not my fault you can't argue your invalid points without crying.
It's not my fault you're a child-man who plays D&D in his mom's basement,
and stumbled into a den of adults discussing literature and shot your mouth
off and got ridiculed.
:lol: :lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

rain_maker wrote:This is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually "win" an argument on the internet.
Hey! Conway might still be able to make some brilliant argument for how "this will be your first time off-planet" does not mean Paul was never off-planet before. He just has to read the context and then he'll come right back to me!
I am sure he will think up something good. Just like I am sure he will come back to me and explain how reading Alias thoughts about machines, she is obviously thinking about another kind of machines than the ones from the Jihad (even though she references them). Any day now.

Nope. Nothing like Arnoldo, is our redbugpest. Won't skimp out of the discussion like Bel. Will certainly stay to the bitter end, unlike TAZ. Any day he will be straightforward and candid and clear in his arguments, unlike Meritt. And he certainly would never ignore and abuse us like KJA!

I am sure he will have a well-reasoned response any day now. Right on Amazon discussions. Show us all our place, will he.
Yes sir, no slinking away or burying the matter under a torrent of insults. Not him.

Just checking "the context". Great scholar, that one.

(And people say I am a masochist for keeping these discussions alive. This is HILARIOUS, people! It takes a long time to set up the joke, but watching them run is worth it.)
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Lundse wrote:Hey! Conway might still be able to make some brilliant argument for how "this will be your first time off-planet" does not mean Paul was never off-planet before. He just has to read the context and then he'll come right back to me!
To truly understand what is meant by "off-planet", you first need to know what "on-planet" would mean in comparison. I think you see where I'm going with this. (Paul's been off-planet before, so no contradiction)
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Redstar wrote:
Lundse wrote:Hey! Conway might still be able to make some brilliant argument for how "this will be your first time off-planet" does not mean Paul was never off-planet before. He just has to read the context and then he'll come right back to me!
To truly understand what is meant by "off-planet", you first need to know what "on-planet" would mean in comparison. I think you see where I'm going with this. (Paul's been off-planet before, so no contradiction)
Some people are becoming frighteningly good at imitating the argumentative style of KJA fans. I am beginning to have a hard time telling sarcasm from genuine delusions.
Come to think of it, I am not entirely convinced the whole "Paul joining the circus with a sequins-and-tophat-hypno-manager is not a joke Sandchigger and a few sockpuppets are pulling.

I wanna try too! Here's a possible future plot:
After Sandworms, the Jessica ghola travels to another planet beyond-beyond-beyond the scattering, where some Tleilaxu tank/Honored Matres (walking, fighting, swearing 800lb women who can spit out small fighter midgets when threatened) are trying to breed an ultra-super-duper-KH to take out the ultra-KH (using ethereal cells stolen from Cenva, of course). After bloodshed and sex scenes involving a cyborged Gurney Halleck, she convinces one of these tank-women to give birth directly into the hyper-super-dimension Cenva lives in, instead of the universe and the Oracle appears to take the newborn directly to "heaven" instead of letting it be cyborged to lead a counter-jihad.
Oh, and Leto was hiding onboard the ship as a sandtrout and at a critical juncture shapeshifts to a hydra-like worm to save his grandmother from Omnius nano-bots which were sent out before the original jihad in an old volkswagen.

Now, where's my dictaphone?
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Lundse wrote:
Redstar wrote:
Some people are becoming frighteningly good at imitating the argumentative style of KJA fans. I am beginning to have a hard time telling sarcasm from genuine delusions.
Come to think of it, I am not entirely convinced the whole "Paul joining the circus with a sequins-and-tophat-hypno-manager is not a joke Sandchigger and a few sockpuppets are pulling.

After Sandworms, the Jessica ghola travels to another planet beyond-beyond-beyond the scattering, where some Tleilaxu tank/Honored Matres (walking, fighting, swearing 800lb women who can spit out small fighter midgets when threatened) are trying to breed an ultra-super-duper-KH to take out the ultra-KH (using ethereal cells stolen from Cenva, of course). After bloodshed and sex scenes involving a cyborged Gurney Halleck, she convinces one of these tank-women to give birth directly into the hyper-super-dimension Cenva lives in, instead of the universe and the Oracle appears to take the newborn directly to "heaven" instead of letting it be cyborged to lead a counter-jihad.
Oh, and Leto was hiding onboard the ship as a sandtrout and at a critical juncture shapeshifts to a hydra-like worm to save his grandmother from Omnius nano-bots which were sent out before the original jihad in an old volkswagen.

And on the last page when the final climactic battle is about to be decided, it's revealed that this is really just a possible future seen by the God-Emperor and ultimately was prevented by him taking some ultra-spice. (Possible futures are the future of KJA-Dune books)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Appalling. Utterly, completely appalling. :shock:

:lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SandChigger wrote:Appalling. Utterly, completely appalling. :shock:

:lol:
Thank you. We aim to pl... uh ... mimick KJA.
Which is not the same thing, I guess...

We should have some kind of competition, methinks. "Guess the plot", or something. Like these guys: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/2009.htm
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Lundse wrote:Some people are becoming frighteningly good at imitating the argumentative style of KJA fans. I am beginning to have a hard time telling sarcasm from genuine delusions.

Frightening in it's realism! :shock:
Only one suggestion: use the word "uber" somehow :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

...or super-mega-ultra-
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:...or super-mega-ultra-
smegultra!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Nekhrun wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:...or super-mega-ultra-
smegultra!
Smegma?
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Redstar beat me to it....:(
Dom

Post by Dom »

Great discussion on Amazon! You guys have the patience of saints! How you can put up with those people cycling back to the same already-debunked arguments over and over is truly astonishing!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Dom wrote:Great discussion on Amazon! You guys have the patience of saints! How you can put up with those people cycling back to the same already-debunked arguments over and over is truly astonishing!
We have their "arguments" numbered for easy reference. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman