First of the review deletions -- the conspiracy begins

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

redbugpest

Re: First of the review deletions -- the conspiracy begins

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:It's poorly written, and by a hater, but does not violate the posting guidlines, so it will probably stay.
It's also a joke, son. You know, like, ha-ha?

He did the same thing for Pauline of Dune:

http://tinyurl.com/getacluebrian" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And he's also written a fake review for CoD:

http://tinyurl.com/getagripbrian" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get it now? No?

Well, at least it's great to see that your humor-ectomy operation was such a resounding success.
I can see it for what it is, and do not see the humor in it.

Joke or not, Amazon will leave it up because it doesn't violate those rules.

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:just one more usless thread....
Uh-huh ... whatever.

You'd be losing what passes for your mind if 5-star reviews were being deleted. You'd be screaming "conspiracy! conspiracy!" and dashing off even more emails to Amazon than your usual 10 per day.

(BTW, what does "usless" mean?)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:... and do not see the humor in it.
Of course you don't.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

@Dukester-
I'm most impressed at your gall to bait the Pest, but seriously if this is the best (or at least boldest) that we're up against I dunno if I wanna play anymore. I feel like you're pickin' on the slow kid that's only in our class after second recess.

It seems like we decend on Amazon.com (like we should at Border's and Barnes and Noble) and expose the 5 star reviews for what they aren't, and then the most defence for them is at this level of quality. It just seems to me like we've won the war and we're just waiting for the enemy to smarten up enough to realize that they've been beat. WoD's sales are abyssmal. If NuDune isn't profitable, they'll have to stop, and we'll have won, sort of. I still want an apology that states it isn't canon.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Apjak wrote:@Dukester-
I'm most impressed at your gall to bait the Pest, but seriously if this is the best (or at least boldest) that we're up against I dunno if I wanna play anymore. I feel like you're pickin' on the slow kid that's only in our class after second recess.
This very thought has crossed my mind more than once. It's like he keeps bringing knives to a gun-fight; sometimes, it just doesn't seem fair.

But in this case, too many factors lined up perfectly for me to pass on it: the deletion, the fact that he's paranoid about Amazon, his desire for me to disavow my conspiracy evidence ... that's just too juicy to pass up.

I'll say again: if he'd just answer some of the McDune questions that others have posed for him here, he'd never hear from me again. Those are not discussions I can join (or would ever want to, frankly).
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:
This very thought has crossed my mind more than once. It's like he keeps bringing knives to a gun-fight; sometimes, it just doesn't seem fair.

But in this case, too many factors lined up perfectly for me to pass on it: the deletion, the fact that he's paranoid about Amazon, his desire for me to disavow my conspiracy evidence ... that's just too juicy to pass up.

I'll say again: if he'd just answer some of the McDune questions that others have posed for him here, he'd never hear from me again. Those are not discussions I can join (or would ever want to, frankly).
Once again you are misrepresenting the truth. I have posted responses to some of the questions here, and have engaged in real discussion on them.
You may want to review the threads here again.

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:I read the review in question, and am not suprised, since it was nothing but a long rant. Exactly the kind of thing that you guys complain about - no substance at all....
Yeah, it was much worse than summarizing the book. :roll:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:... blah ...
Yet you keep getting sucked into these sidebar issues that are well off the beaten path. Curious, huh?

Hey, Bri-Guy, you do what you want; it makes no difference to me whatsoever. I'm not the one with the credibility issue here.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

redbugpest wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

Once again you are misrepresenting the truth. I have posted responses to some of the questions here, and have engaged in real discussion on them.
You may want to review the threads here again.
There are more unanswered question threads than answered, and your answers for the ones you did involve yourself in were essentially cop-outs that just served to change the focus of the questions. You've said remarkably little for someone who supposedly believes in these "authors".
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

And ... it's back! 8)

(that "whoooosh" sound you just heard was Brian Conway rushing off to complain to Amazon)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Good for her.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

redbugpest wrote:I read the review in question, and am not suprised, since it was nothing but a long rant. Exactly the kind of thing that you guys complain about - no substance at all....

Sounds like Amazon is starting to do their jobs...
Actually no. my review of Paul of Dune was removed and it did not violate any of Amazon's guidelines. It was removed because it was a thoughtful written piece detailing what was wrong with the book. I raised hell with Amazon and it was reposted after two days. If Amazon doesn't remove 5 star reviews that clearly do not follow the guidelines, and almost all of them do not, then they have no place removing one star reviews.

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I was going to say, the last time we were talking about this weren't there were plenty of harsh reviews given with 5 stars to prevent amazon from deleting them, no matter how insulting they were? And didn't it work? :lol:
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Robspierre wrote:

Actually no. my review of Paul of Dune was removed and it did not violate any of Amazon's guidelines. It was removed because it was a thoughtful written piece detailing what was wrong with the book. I raised hell with Amazon and it was reposted after two days. If Amazon doesn't remove 5 star reviews that clearly do not follow the guidelines, and almost all of them do not, then they have no place removing one star reviews.

Rob
Exactly how do these 5 star reviews violate the guidelines?

Post by TheDukester »

:beat dead horse:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I was going to say, the last time we were talking about this weren't there were plenty of harsh reviews given with 5 stars to prevent amazon from deleting them, no matter how insulting they were? And didn't it work? :lol:
It did work.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

redbugpest wrote:
Robspierre wrote:

Rob
Exactly how do these 5 star reviews violate the guidelines?
How does a well-written 1-star review violate Amazon's rules?