Why kja Fans are Just Like Their Idol...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Why kja Fans are Just Like Their Idol...

Post by Nekhrun »

1. They can't spell or use grammar appropriately. kja uses a tape recorder so he can have someone else type in the text for him.

2. They can't research. Frequently the OH are called upon to produce information that is easily found using a number of search strategies relevant to the discussion at hand. kja fans rely on our ability to cite examples (which they can provide in volumes). kja fans on Amazon even want us to tell them how to google for terms. kja could easily keep his work consistent within the Dune universe but chooses not to because it would take too much time (a few seconds) to look something up.

3. Hypocritical. They are continually using fallacies and attacks on the OH to support NuDune, but can never explain how inconsistencies are appropriate to the overall Dune story.

4. No imagination. They want to see the gaps filled. kja and his fans have a sick need to have everything explained to them. They hate that it takes consideration to understand the metaphors in FH's work.

5. They're crybabies. Always playing the victim, kja and his fans think they are the targets of unfounded criticim.

6. They're obsessed with sales and numbers. Selling a lot of copies does not mean quality.

Feel free to add.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Re: Why kja Fans are Just Like Their Idol...

Post by lotek »

7. they can't dress to save their lives
8. they have very strange tastes in women
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Their aggressiveness is actually seated in a deep inferiority complex.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

They confuse Quality with Quantity.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

They're mean to puppies.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Now that we have some actual fans here to draw a comparison I'd like to bump this thread. Done. Any fanboys care to respond?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

KJA Special Forces

Post by KJA Special Forces »

Sure. But you guys are going way off civil discussion.

Lets talk about why he is a great author.

My spelling and grammer is no reflection of Kevin and his writing.

I cannot afford nice cloths so I guess you may be correct, I do not have enough money to buy really nice stuff, one day I hope I can afford a Ravens football jersey. Thats my favorite team!

And we love puppies. I would be happy to respond to the orginal post. But then you guys go off the rails with wild stuff about being mean to puppies.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Sure. But you guys are going way off civil discussion.

Lets talk about why he is a great author.

My spelling and grammer is no reflection of Kevin and his writing.

I cannot afford nice cloths so I guess you may be correct, I do not have enough money to buy really nice stuff, one day I hope I can afford a Ravens football jersey. Thats my favorite team!

And we love puppies. I would be happy to respond to the orginal post. But then you guys go off the rails with wild stuff about being mean to puppies.
Nice, you just proved #'s 1-5 in one post. I figured as much. :clap:

KJA Special Forces

Sorry Nicklebag I foed you so I cannot see your words of hate
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Lets talk about why he is a great author.
This is why you're a troll, troll.

In 60-plus posts, you've yet to mention why you admire the guy's writing. You've not mentioned your favorite books of his, when you first discovered him, what you enjoy about his style, or anything else with even a hint of specificity that would make any of us believe you're actually the sincere, non-troll you claim to be.

You just keep repeating that you "like" TheKJA. That's a troll tactic.

It's time for some specifics, or else time for a big cup of STFU.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Sorry Nicklebag I foed you so I cannot see your words of hate
You're much funnier today than you were previously. :wink:

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I got the same treatment a few minutes ago. :dance:

"Words of hate." I like that. I've got to add that to my profile somehow ...
KJA Special Forces

same with you Ducky
lotek

Post by lotek »

the troll has gone with the Wind...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

boring moron troll is boring

(Did I get the style right, 'Rider? :P )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
KJA Special Forces

take it easy there hairy trick
Leto

Post by Leto »

Hey kids, be kind to our new friend :shhh:

I want to read his counterattack.

So, KJA Special Force (may It be with you... 'cause you will need it to succeed in convincing us :mrgreen: ) how did you fall in love with KJA's style, why are you loving his mess (oups, I lost a word of hate) and what can you say to us abour the first post of this topic.

Please, I want to know.
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets
Gurney Halleck
KJA ? Keep Just Away?
Filo
KJA Special Forces

Leto wrote:Hey kids, be kind to our new friend :shhh:

I want to read his counterattack.

So, KJA Special Force (may It be with you... 'cause you will need it to succeed in convincing us :mrgreen: ) how did you fall in love with KJA's style, why are you loving his mess (oups, I lost a word of hate) and what can you say to us abour the first post of this topic.

Please, I want to know.
Another nice person. Thanks Leto for treating me as a human being.

When I first began to learn english I read some science fiction. There was not much to pick from at that time, other then some older starwars books. One of these was KJA's Tales from Jabba's Palace. This was book 2, and I could not get book 1 or 3. I always liked the starwars movies and wanted to know more of the back story. KJA did a great job of detailing starwars out in the places you dont see. This made me start looking for his other works, and thats how I got started on Dune.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:KJA did a great job of detailing starwars out in the places you dont see.
You realize he was the editor of this series, and not the writer? Right?
KJA Special Forces

Is ducky still yelling at me? Can I un foe him now?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Is ducky still yelling at me? Can I un foe him now?
I think you're safe.

KJA Special Forces

How about nicklegrab?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:How about nicklegrab?
Nope, you're good there too.

Leto

Post by Leto »

KJA Special Forces wrote:
Another nice person. Thanks Leto for treating me as a human being.
That's my french touch :shifty:
When I first began to learn english I read some science fiction. There was not much to pick from at that time, other then some older starwars books. One of these was KJA's Tales from Jabba's Palace. This was book 2, and I could not get book 1 or 3. I always liked the starwars movies and wanted to know more of the back story. KJA did a great job of detailing starwars out in the places you dont see. This made me start looking for his other works, and thats how I got started on Dune.
Okay, so you didn't read "Dune" before KJA's version (it can explain the matter) nor you read original SW before KJA's ?
Well, another question : Are you not disappointed about all those details? I mean : there is no place in his novels to dream, to envision by your own. There are so many details that there is no place for reflexion, it's only action/"adventure" story (that's what I meant in the other topic when I compared KJA&Brian with Berg).
Where is the Magic? Where is the interest ? As I said elsewhere, it's too easy, it's not what I'm waiting from litterature. If that means I'm elitist, so am I. And I assume it. I'm something more than a reader, I've a brain/imagination and want to use it.
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets
Gurney Halleck
KJA ? Keep Just Away?
Filo
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

KJA Special Forces wrote:take it easy there hairy trick
Fuck you AND your dickless hack hero.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"