ATTN: Redbugpest Winds v. Dune

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Ampoliros

Re: ATTN: Redbugpest Winds v. Dune

Post by Ampoliros »

redbugpest wrote: Her knowledge of the pregnancy has absolutely nothing to do with “Bloodlines” and she is concerned enough to leave for Dune immediately upon finding out.

:crazy:

So, if I understand what you are saying, the Quizarate would openly defy his wishes, if he felt the need to keep this pregnancy secret,

Yes.

and Jessica would have her own spy network in place,

Yes.

even though the Fremen security is above reproach.

No. I never said Fremen security was perfect. I said they were obsessed with security. As would be Paul (who is prescient, btw, no matter how much KJA wants to avoid that problem.) I'm not saying there is no room for intrigue. I'm saying it has to be handled intelligently, something KJA wants the reader to forget. His intrigue is downright embarrassing.

I think you are just nit picking on these points, and it really shows how truly close minded to this kind of “open” discussion.

Nitpicking would be to point out that the above is not a complete sentence. However I'm assuming that you meant I'm not being open minded. I'm open minded, even about Dune. It's not my job however to do mental gymnastics just to have KJA's story make since in the Dune universe. ITS HIS JOB. And he refuses to do it! Instead he sends people like you to come here and tell us we are being 'close-minded'. I want more good Dune books. I want Frank's legacy to go on. When I see it being whored out to a hack factory, I'm going to call those responsible on it.

One final question, cause I'm done with you until you go back and actually read the originals: Why do you care so much what we say about KJA and the new dune books? If you don't like it, just ignore it.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros wrote:Fremen ... were obsessed with security. As would be Paul (who is prescient, btw, no matter how much KJA wants to avoid that problem.)
Paul's prescience is why the entire "BG send Jessica to off him" arc is complete bullshit. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandRider wrote:
SandRider wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
SandRider wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
SandRider wrote:prehater. like it.

I've been trying to come up with a justifiable one-star amazon review
for the new Silly-book that clearly states I haven't read it and will not.

tough going. all I can come up with so far is my old standby :

When I was a little boy, I put my pecker in a racoon-trap.
Hurt like hell, and I never did that again ...

and maybe the cliched definition of insanity:
doing the same thing over & over & expecting different results ...
Hmmm

Isn’t one of your complaints about people posting reviews that have not read the book?

Shame on you Sandrider.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

no, it isn't.
never has been.
pay attention, asshat, takes notes if necessary.

we're not all SandChigger sock-puppets.
some of even have our own ideas & opinions.
So it's OK to post reviews for books that you have not read?
absolutely.
I don't give a fuck what you people do.

it's called Freedom of Speech.
it's the internet.

you're free to post whatever kinda crazy bullshit drivel you want.
I'm free to ignore it, rebut it, flame it, call you an asshat, whatever.

you're free to cowboy up & respond, respond in kind, running crying to the "authorities",
curl up in a little ball of timidity & fucking die, whatever.

amazon has already demonstrated it's not a serious review site.
why treat it like one ?

fuck all the net-nannies, net-nazis, easily offended snitches &etc.

go post on the My Little Pony forums if you don't like it.

{now, run tell dat ...}
nothing to say to this, jackoff ?
How can you talk about everyone's right to say what they want when you are assulting anyone who does not think the way you think.

Members here openly talk about forcing KJA / BH to stop writing these books because it offends your community. Yet, there is another comunity of folks that like and welcome the books. Why don't WE have the right to continue to explore the Dune Universe?

What makes YOUR needs greater than everyones elses needs?

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote: How can you talk about everyone's right to say what they want when you are assulting anyone who does not think the way you think.

Members here openly talk about forcing KJA / BH to stop writing these books because it offends your community. Yet, there is another comunity of folks that like and welcome the books. Why don't WE have the right to continue to explore the Dune Universe?

What makes YOUR needs greater than everyones elses needs?
That post proves that you still don't get what he's trying to say. You get the concept of Free Speech even less than you get the concept of the question mark.

Also, Preeq Argument #18.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Ampoliros wrote:
redbugpest wrote: Her knowledge of the pregnancy has absolutely nothing to do with “Bloodlines” and she is concerned enough to leave for Dune immediately upon finding out.

:crazy:

So, if I understand what you are saying, the Quizarate would openly defy his wishes, if he felt the need to keep this pregnancy secret,

Yes.

and Jessica would have her own spy network in place,

Yes.

even though the Fremen security is above reproach.

No. I never said Fremen security was perfect. I said they were obsessed with security. As would be Paul (who is prescient, btw, no matter how much KJA wants to avoid that problem.) I'm not saying there is no room for intrigue. I'm saying it has to be handled intelligently, something KJA wants the reader to forget. His intrigue is downright embarrassing.

I think you are just nit picking on these points, and it really shows how truly close minded to this kind of “open” discussion.

Nitpicking would be to point out that the above is not a complete sentence. However I'm assuming that you meant I'm not being open minded. I'm open minded, even about Dune. It's not my job however to do mental gymnastics just to have KJA's story make since in the Dune universe. ITS HIS JOB. And he refuses to do it! Instead he sends people like you to come here and tell us we are being 'close-minded'. I want more good Dune books. I want Frank's legacy to go on. When I see it being whored out to a hack factory, I'm going to call those responsible on it.

One final question, cause I'm done with you until you go back and actually read the originals: Why do you care so much what we say about KJA and the new dune books? If you don't like it, just ignore it.
I care because you are infringing on the rights of others. Your tactics at Amazon are reprehensible. Your constant harassment of KJA is reprehensible. I have said many times that the new Dune books are not on the same level as the originals, and that I do not think that ANY writer could fill those shoes. I enjoy them for what they are.

You have the right to speak your mind, just as I have the right to speak mine. It’s unfortunate that, like so many other extremist groups in the world today, you have focused only on what you perceive your rights to be without regard for what anyone else may think or believe. You have become so entrenched in your position that you cannot even contemplate considering a different point of view, yet you demand answers.

I truly feel sorry for you.

Post by TheDukester »

Well, since you're just making speeches and no longer answering questions, I'll just jump right on in here.
redbugpest wrote:I care because you are infringing on the rights of others.
You're kidding with this one, right? Please say you are.

If not, I challenge you to back this up. Name one person who has had one "right" infringed by anyone here, ever.

(And I really hope, for your sake, that you're not talking about "free speech." Even though I have zero respect for you, I'll give you credit for being smarter than that).
redbugpest wrote:Your tactics at Amazon are reprehensible. Your constant harassment of KJA is reprehensible. ... extremist groups .... entrenched in your position ....
All a bit dramatic, wouldn't you say?

But as long as we're on the subject, do you know what I think is reprehensible? Claiming the moral high ground while also being a member of an author-controlled, closed website where the author exchanges merchandise for support, knowing full well that said support will lead to shill reviews throughout the internet.
redbugpest wrote:I truly feel sorry for you.
Oh, fuck off. No, you don't. And neither does anyone else who uses this lame tactic as a sign-off on one of their posts. You might feel a lot of things for the OH movement, but pity certainly isn't one of them.

This needs to be added to the Preek Arguments list, it's so pathetic.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:Well, since you're just making speeches and no longer answering questions, I'll just jump right on in here.
You're kidding with this one, right? Please say you are.

If not, I challenge you to back this up. Name one person who has had one "right" infringed by anyone here, ever.

(And I really hope, for your sake, that you're not talking about "free speech." Even though I have zero respect for you, I'll give you credit for being smarter than that).
redbugpest wrote:Your tactics at Amazon are reprehensible. Your constant harassment of KJA is reprehensible. ... extremist groups .... entrenched in your position ....
All a bit dramatic, wouldn't you say?

But as long as we're on the subject, do you know what I think is reprehensible? Claiming the moral high ground while also being a member of an author-controlled, closed website where the author exchanges merchandise for support, knowing full well that said support will lead to shill reviews throughout the internet.
redbugpest wrote:I truly feel sorry for you.
Oh, fuck off. No, you don't. And neither does anyone else who uses this lame tactic as a sign-off on one of their posts. You might feel a lot of things for the OH movement, but pity certainly isn't one of them.

This needs to be added to the Preek Arguments list, it's so pathetic.
Didn't you say somthing about not talking to me anymore if I answered some questions...

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:Didn't you say somthing about not talking to me anymore if I answered some questions...
Not even a nice try.

You're not answering questions; you're making speeches.

And, Brian? Let me be really clear about this: if I decide not to respond in any of these other guys' Q&A threads — you know, the ones you're mostly ignoring — I'll do so as a courtesy. I'll always reserve the right to call you out on your bullshit pontificating at any time and in any place.

The more you stick to the subject at hand, the less you'll hear from me. So spare us the dramatics and get to it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

When I update the list I'll call this one the: Help! Help! I'm being repressed! argument.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Keep me updated. ;)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

redbugpest wrote: I care because you are infringing on the rights of others. Your tactics at Amazon are reprehensible. Your constant harassment of KJA is reprehensible. I have said many times that the new Dune books are not on the same level as the originals, and that I do not think that ANY writer could fill those shoes. I enjoy them for what they are.

Do you mean this?
"The Expectation of a civilized society should afford a person all the protection they need. But that armor is rendered as thin as tissue when dealing with the uncivilized." (Winds of Dune pg 273)

How am I infringing on KJA's rights? If his books were something he had written privately, and we were doing what we are doing then yes, very much we are infringing his rights i.e. "The Expectation of a civilized society should afford a person all the protection they need". However he has published these books to the public, in someone else's universe. "The Expectation of a civilized society should afford a person all the protection they need. But that armor is rendered as thin as tissue when dealing with the uncivilized." is KJA's way of saying, "American Privacy, stay away if I don't want to deal with you, even when what I'm doing does effect you." One of the major arguments of the OH is that Frank Herbert's Dune isn't just good sci-fi, but a Classic work of English Literature. When KJA treats Dune like a paint-by numbers picture (and gets it wrong) I find it personally offensive because it has become something more than just an intellectual property right. I DO NOT DISPUTE THE HLP'S LEGAL RIGHT TO THE DUNE IP. I heavily dispute the worth that this series has to the legacy of Dune. 500 years from now, Dune will still be scene as a classic important work, whereas KJA's work will be little more than a very embarrassing footnote.

You have the right to speak your mind, just as I have the right to speak mine. It’s unfortunate that, like so many other extremist groups in the world today, you have focused only on what you perceive your rights to be without regard for what anyone else may think or believe. You have become so entrenched in your position that you cannot even contemplate considering a different point of view, yet you demand answers.

you mean Ampoliros: Talifan, Conway: Al-KJAida. I don't perceive my complaints about the quality of the new books to be without regard for what anyone else may think or believe. That's what the HLP has done to us. You like the books, fine, but if you're coming here telling us that we are wrong to not like them then I would have to redirect your above response back at you, verbatim.

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

TheDukester wrote:Is it a parody, do you think?

Is Winds of Dune actually a parody of a real Dune book? Are Hacky and Bobo clever enough to pull something like that off?

before I started really digging into it, I considered posting a 5-star "OMG I FINALLY GET IT! BRILLIANT SATIRE IN THE MOLD OF ADAMS!" review on Amazon that discussed that the only way to take the new book seriously was to consider it satire.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

How exactly are we "infringing on the rights of others" on Amazon? Which rights are being infringed upon?

Are we preventing someone from posting their own reviews?

Are we preventing someone from posting comments on the reviews of others?

Are we preventing someone from responding to comments on their own or others' reviews?

Are we preventing someone from creating threads or posting comments to existing threads in the customer discussion forums?

Are we preventing someone from buying the book?

I don't see where the infringement is.

Edit: P.S. Been through all the new posts here, so I'm heading off to Amazon now. :)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Ampoliros wrote:before I started really digging into it, I considered posting a 5-star "OMG I FINALLY GET IT! BRILLIANT SATIRE IN THE MOLD OF ADAMS!" review on Amazon that discussed that the only way to take the new book seriously was to consider it satire.
I think satire would be a good label, except for the fact that most KJA fans wouldn't know what "satire" meant unless they were victims of it....and even then... :lol:
SandChigger wrote:How exactly are we "infringing on the rights of others" on Amazon?
You're infringing upon my right to live without your opinion! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Amazon hosts discussion threads: Yep

Jacurutu is an open forum. Yep.

Dune Novels: Nope.

KJASF: :cat fight:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

GamePlayer wrote:
SandChigger wrote:How exactly are we "infringing on the rights of others" on Amazon?
You're infringing upon my right to live without your opinion! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Exactly.

DON'T infringe on my right to delude myself with a rosy little version of the world!

DON'T infringe on my right to pursue Life, Liberty & Happiness WITHOUT THINKING!

:laughing:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ampoliros wrote:Amazon hosts discussion threads: Yep

Jacurutu is an open forum. Yep.

Dune Novels: Nope.

KJASF: :cat fight:
Open commenting on blog posts:

Chigger blog: Yep (initially, at least. ;) )

DN "Blog": No comment function.
KJA MySpace blahg: "Friends" only.
KJA Wordfire blahg: Open registration ("Kevin can you see me?"), but probably not free commenting (or not for long)

;)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:
Exactly.

DON'T infringe on my right to delude myself with a rosy little version of the world!

DON'T infringe on my right to pursue Life, Liberty & Happiness WITHOUT THINKING!

:laughing:
DON'T infringe on my right to lie about joining Jacurutu under the false pretense of defending the rights of others!

:wink: :P :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

SandRider wrote:Image
BUMP
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Well, my take has not changed from my earlier posts. Any other Friend of KJA care to take a stab at this?

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Wait... Brian... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you Special Forces? Or are you just a random KJA supporter from Amazon? Sorry, I missed out on a lot of the Amazon action.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Wait... Brian... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you Special Forces? Or are you just a random KJA supporter from Amazon? Sorry, I missed out on a lot of the Amazon action.
Actually, you have missed nothing, since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF. I remain mute and aloof to any questions concerning this subject. :hand: :|

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:Wait... Brian... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you Special Forces? Or are you just a random KJA supporter from Amazon? Sorry, I missed out on a lot of the Amazon action.
Actually, you have missed nothing, since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF. I remain mute and aloof to any questions concerning this subject. :hand: :|
He is a member and is is an Amazon supporter.

redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
He is a member and is is an Amazon supporter.
What is an Amazon Supporter???