Preek Arguments

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SadisticCynic

Re: Preek Arguments

Post by SadisticCynic »

Kensai wrote:Read some of SandRider's comments on Keepingthedoor.com, I think he is my new hero.
Yeah, that's not an unexpected result. :)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
twistedmentat

Post by twistedmentat »

i saw this on dn this morning, has anyone else seen this? http://frankherbert.net/FAQ.html

I've heard a couple of these arguments before except for the one about the Leto/Jessica meeting scene. That dipshit arnoldo posted it as if to say,"any concerns you've had about the cannon inconsistentcies are clearly explained here, so no need for further discussion because this link comes from the ultimate authority".

frankherbert.net geez that pisses me off, hey if we slap his name on this, it makes it legitimate, right, right???? :evil:
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Yueh's wife "Wandra"? :lol:

More than the answers (which are a given by now), the poor layout and design of the site always makes me laugh. I mean, really? The alternating alignment of the questions? Yellow text on a red background? They really needed a professional web designer. :lol: (And, nope, the new site design is by no means any better)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

He was born on Kaitain, and he was "born" on Caladan. So desperate. So lame.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

http://www.frankherbert.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.brianpherbert.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are just alternate domains that resolve back to http://old.dunenovels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's all the same thing, just different URLs. ;)

And arnoldo is an HLP-ass-sucking piece of shit. Best ignored.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:http://www.frankherbert.net and http://www.brianpherbert.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are just alternate domains that resolve back to http://old.dunenovels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's all the same thing, just different URLs. ;)

And arnoldo is an HLP-ass-sucking piece of shit. Best ignored.
I like how they haven't updated them. :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:http://www.frankherbert.net and http://www.brianpherbert.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are just alternate domains that resolve back to http://old.dunenovels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's all the same thing, just different URLs. ;)
Except one is for Phuzzy Pherbert! My favorite nickname for Bobo!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: That's actually how I remembered that alternate: Brian Pherbert! :P
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Redstar wrote:Yueh's wife "Wandra"? :lol:
Now, really, this is offensive! Where's your famed Official Dune Concordance, Brian Pherbert?
SandChigger wrote::lol: That's actually how I remembered that alternate: Brian Pherbert! :P
Actually, I read that address as http://www" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.brainpherbert.net at first, and thought it was somebody's joke :lol:
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It is. The world's. Brian P. Herbert is everybody's joke. :)

Edit:

(Btw, Wandra Butler was a character in the Legends books. At least Brian kept it in McDune. KJA can't keep Dune, McDune, Star Wars, the X Files, or anything else straight from the DVD he watched last night. :roll: )

(Hit the damned Quote button instead of Edit again. :roll: )
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

merkin muffley wrote:He was born on Kaitain, and he was "born" on Caladan. So desperate. So lame.
OH geesus I'm going to have to slap a small child because of reading that. I'm going to have to buy one of those protest shirts that say Paul was born on Caladan" right now.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:He was born on Kaitain, and he was "born" on Caladan. So desperate. So lame.
OH geesus I'm going to have to slap a small child because of reading that. I'm going to have to buy one of those protest shirts that say Paul was born on Caladan" right now.
They're so lame.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

They wallow in lameness.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

if lameness was their own urine,
they would roll on their backs & drink it ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
Interestingly, Iron Maiden was very persistant in its single lyric in their song, "To Tame a Land," that Paul was born on Caladan long before the prequels were published. The way the lead singer stresses that part from the song, "He is the Kwisatz Haderach! / He was born on Caladan! / and will take the Gom Jabar!" always makes me laugh, because he's being kind of Jacurutu before there was anything to be Jacurutu about. The "Paul was born on Caladan" t-shirts kind of compliment the song an indirect way.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote: Interestingly, Iron Maiden was very persistant in its single lyric in their song, "To Tame a Land," that Paul was born on Caladan long before the prequels were published. The way the lead singer stresses that part from the song, "He is the Kwisatz Haderach! / He was born on Caladan! / and will take the Gom Jabar!" always makes me laugh, because he's being kind of Jacurutu before there was anything to be Jacurutu about. The "Paul was born on Caladan" t-shirts kind of compliment the song an indirect way.

I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Apjak, you've made me a very happy man. :D
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Interestingly, Iron Maiden was very persistant in its single lyric in their song, "To Tame a Land," that Paul was born on Caladan long before the prequels were published.
I don't get your point here. No shit they did, because that's what Frank wrote.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Nekhrun wrote:
Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Interestingly, Iron Maiden was very persistant in its single lyric in their song, "To Tame a Land," that Paul was born on Caladan long before the prequels were published.
I don't get your point here. No shit they did, because that's what Frank wrote.
I was only stating matter of factly that Iron Maiden's song preceded the t-shirt slogan by decades. I know that they did the song when Herbert was writing: I just find it interesting anyway that Maiden was adamant about Paul being born in Caladan in such heavy metal fashion before Orthodox Herbertarians would eventually turn that important plot point from the original Dune into a protest slogan against the meddlings by KJA & BH in DUNE: HOUSE CORRINO.

I'm just happy that my weird way of expressing my thoughts has inspired a hilarious meme on Jacurutu. My silly words just meld so perfectly with the band picture. It's the first time I've inspired any kind of meme.
(Thanks again, Apjak). I don't care if it's meant to make fun of me. I love it anyway.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

I don't make fun of people. It just stuck out to me, and I had to make it a reality.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

The best Madien cover ever.

Been trying to find and image of the back cover as memory tells there was some thing horrid happening to Margert Thatcher lookalike. Ah them were the day when it was OK to have the PM about to become a sex crime victim of your LP covers.