KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Preek Arguments

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

Confusingly delightful. :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

E. LeGuille wrote:Actually, Kevin often says not to engage people on his works. Those who do, like myself, come of our own volition. He doesn't send anybody.
If you hang around here long enough, or do enough digging over at DN, you'll see why we "think" (and by think I mean "know") that KJA does send people, or at the very least does get involved with feeding them info to argue with us. I've seen at least one obvious case of this back when I was at DN, it was pretty laughable. And of course, we had our buddy RedBugPest who recently failed hard at debating with us - I doubt he was really being fed info though, it wasn't KJA's argument style (his is very distinctive).
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

I thought the KJA Special Forces are the fanboys he sends out to defend his crap.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Basically, yes. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Epic Fail.

Just plain wrong in your base assumption.

Post by SandChigger »

Which assumption was that?

That KJASF.com is the place where KJA can let his fanboys participate in the ongoing orgy of self-love in his head? :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

redbugpest wrote:Epic Fail.

Just plain wrong in your base assumption.
How would you know what is wrong if you are not a member there?
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

This made my day trying to read all the defenses people try to conjure up in defense of the awful trash churned out by the factory at the Herbert Estate. It's a travesty they dare to bare his name.
I once came across a woman at a local used book store where I bought the BH and KJA novels cheap so I wouldn't waste money if they turned out to be disappointing (and they did). She turned to me when she saw I was pulling out a copy in the new series and said "You know, KJA writes all of them." I wanted to shake my finger at her and say, "So? That doesn't mean he is good at it and if it wasn't for Frank he wouldn't be riding the Dune train all the way to the bank." The way she said his name was unnerving in how it suggested blind loyalty to an author even if his work is totally out of alignment with the original canon he derives his work and profit from in the Dune Universe.

Hilarious but sad.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Have you been over by the DuneNovels BBS? The combined IQ over there is 20. (When Freak's not slumming it, that is.)

:doh:
lotek

Post by lotek »

it would probably would take a more than one Freak to raise the average on Dung Novels...
Young adults indeed...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
A Thing of Eternity

It's almost getting time for my quad-monthly assesment of Us vs DN...
reverendmotherQ.

SandChigger wrote:Have you been over by the DuneNovels BBS? The combined IQ over there is 20. (When Freak's not slumming it, that is.)

:lol: I need to go spy on them for evidence of how the new series degenerates Franks legacy. Someday we will try BH and KJA as Fremen.
Which means only one thing.
Somebody is going to loose their water.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Have you been over by the DuneNovels BBS? The combined IQ over there is 20. (When Freak's not slumming it, that is.)

:lol: I need to go spy on them for evidence of how the new series degenerates Franks legacy. Someday we will try BH and KJA as Fremen.
Which means only one thing.
Somebody is going to loose their water.
It doesn't go into the cistern either, it should be poured on the sand.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
reverendmotherQ.

That poison should not be allowed to recycle itself into any ecosystem near where I live.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well its as good a time as any to start working on a Hanging Tripod.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:It's almost getting time for my quad-monthly assesment of Us vs DN...
Sweet! I love those things. There's nothing wrong with actual proof that the "official" Dune forums are a wasteland, both intellectually and in terms of use.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:It's almost getting time for my quad-monthly assesment of Us vs DN...
Sweet! I love those things. There's nothing wrong with actual proof that the "official" Dune forums are a wasteland, both intellectually and in terms of use.
You should subtract whatever posts I have there.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
With which account? And why?

I'll maybe do both with and without your new account, but that still won't really show what their posts would have been without you, because you've caused overall posting to increase there pretty dramatically since you re-joined, even just me causually popping over there once in a while I can see far far far more up to date threads and such.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

I'll maybe do both with and without your new account, but that still won't really show what their posts would have been without you, because you've caused overall posting to increase there pretty dramatically since you re-joined, even just me causually popping over there once in a while I can see far far far more up to date threads and such.
But we've gained three members in the last week, including a cute redhead. So I guess it evens out.

:P
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

But we've gained three members in the last week, including a cute redhead. So I guess it evens out.

:P
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I did enjoy popping over there before and seeing only 1 thread with a new post per week kind of thing, butnew members are important to have here, or else this place would slow down.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
oh, hell no ....

I didn't get to "subtract" all the DWIs I got while high on prescription meds ....

now, I will accept a dual-comparison, Us vs Them in total numbers,
and Us vs Them Minus Freak to evaluate just what kind of traffic
increase the Naib of Jacurutu has caused Over There ....
(subtract also then the responses Freak generated as well ...)
{which sounds like waaayyyy too much work and time spent reading Merrit's board ....}
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You're right, it's too much of a hassle. I think it more than evens out, the recent new members here seem to have been more active here than there since joining.

To me that makes it worth while.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

The new members do seem pretty great. The real problem is that DN isn't really getting any more real members these days (people that actually post) so there isn't many to funnel over here, and we're still hard to find.

Honestly, I don't care much how good they do, I'd couldn't care less if they were on par with us, but I'm with you, I want to see this place improve consistantly.
reverendmotherQ.

You know it's maddening that I hardly ever meet people of my age interested in Dune or even know of it beyond the movies. :bleh:
But if this is the only strong hold left to keep the authenticity of the Dune novels as a literary art intact and appreciated, then we must be doing our job.
trang

Post by trang »

The new members have been great. I hope the flow continues. Their are handful of Dune fan pages on Facebook, one has a few thousand members. It is heterogeneous Dune, but everything is kept civil for the most part, I dont know how many have come from there. I havent posted there in a bit, I will throw up a Jacurutu invite just for good measure.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."