On your next Amazon visit ...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

On your next Amazon visit ...

Post by TheDukester »

... please consider bumping up this review with a +1 vote:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RS1Q3O1EFN ... r_rdp_perm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a fairly important review (as such things go), as it is from a Top 10 reviewer. It is likely to have some traction with people who are into that sort of thing, those who are aware of the OH-Preektard debate and want a neutral viewpoint instead, and those who are on the fence and are looking to read two or three reviews before deciding whether or not to purchase. The longer that review stays out front, above the fold, with it's big "Top 10" staring everyone in the face, then the better it will be for alerting potential victims to what a steaming pile of crap we're helping them to avoid.

(For those that remember, this would be similar to Joanna Daneman's review of Pauline last year. She was a ranked reviewer who stuck by her words and her review was at the upper-left of the page basically the whole time. For all I know, it's still there).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: On your next Amazon visit ...

Post by Freakzilla »

You mean, chose "yes" for "was this review helpful to you?"

I don't understand "+1". :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Right; sorry. That's exactly it. I guess I think of it as "+1" ... each person who clicks on one of those boxes affects the total by 1, in whichever direction.

And the Amazon "formula," or whatever the term might be, calls for each item page to have a couple of featured reviews. The one at the top left always seems to be the review with the highest cumulative "helpful" score.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

done & done.

going back to leave a comment ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Done.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

7 of 8 helpful, as of now. That's a very good start, as these things go. Even the most popular reviews on Amazon always get dinged out of spite or just random drive-by goofiness (which that place seems to invite ....)

With that guy being a Top 10, too, I'm hoping that review is basically permanently anchored in the upper-left.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wow, it's so hard to post on Amazon
without using words like "Fuckwad" & "Stoopid CockSucker" ...

(no offense, luv. & Schu. & who-ever else is in the closet)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Great review. Neither an ass-kiss nor a hate-filled screed. Actually talked clearly about what was good and bad about the book. Came to the right conclusion, too :).

Voted for, and commented.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Voted YES on Proposition: Hot Air of Dune.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

14 out of 17 now.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Done.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

How many email addresses do you have, Sandchigger? :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Busy day again on Amazon. It's nice to finally have a little free time. It's nice to see some new faces come out and talk about what shit this book is.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Sound Girl is a bit quick to play the KJA hater card.

If only I could get over my jealousy of the authors, I'd *like* the book. :roll:

But then, even if I did like the book, I couldn't write a review unless *I* had sold millions of books. :roll: :roll:

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Sound Girl is a bit quick to play the KJA hater card.

If only I could get over my jealousy of the authors, I'd *like* the book. :roll:

But then, even if I did like the book, I couldn't write a review unless *I* had sold millions of books. :roll: :roll:

HBJ
I find it odd that you know he has a Twitter page :lol:

TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

17 of 21 — very solid. Especially given that twits like that idiot Sound Girl have surely voted it down.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Nice parting shot there, Dukester. Said what I was trying to say but much better.

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, damn, I hit the futon for a few hours and miss all the action?

Guess I'll have to pop over there and see what's up....
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Nice parting shot there, Dukester. Said what I was trying to say but much better.
Yeah, I'm okay with it; thanks. I really think she made a mistake there. That certainly wasn't just an "I hate Keith and Bobo" review.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, what happened in the comment thread on Prester Dilly's review?!

I think he's just yanked the review! It's not showing and the total review number dropped from 9 to 8. :shock:

I guess someone handed THE COWARD his ass? YES? :D
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Damnit, I had some good zingers in there!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That was a fair and honest review by someone who didn't like the book. They've given me intelligent, thoughtful cause to think twice about purchasing the item. I see nothing wrong with supporting this review. I logged in a voted. Done and done.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Damn. Any chance of a recap from memory, Duke? :P

The last I saw was my own post where I told him his "fine bridge into Children" was BULLSHIT because WoD only addresses two months or so out of the nine-year period between Messiah and CoD and asked if he missed the bits about Shaddam's ghola army, which means ThoD has to also be set before CoD if Shaddam's to have any fun with them. And dismissed his disclaimer that he had never been offered anything by the authors by quoting from the registration page on kjasf.com. :P

What else went down? Did he come back and accuse me of cyberstalking him?! :lol:

BALL-less wonders.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote: ... asked if he missed the bits about Shaddam's ghola army ...
Please tell me you're joking. You mean KJA lifted a major plot point from the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy?

HBJ
Last edited by Hunchback Jack on 05 Aug 2009 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:The last I saw was my own post where I told him his "fine bridge into Children" was BULLSHIT because WoD only addresses two months or so out of the nine-year period between Messiah and CoD ...
I read that one for sure ... and I posted right after, or maybe with one other person in-between.