Analysis of Kevin

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

lotek wrote:
jeez these guys are complete and utter idiots...
amazing :crazy:
I know, and it really pisses me off that they think this is something they can do in MY fucking country.
lotek

Post by lotek »

well we do have that breed of brainless closet gays but yours seem to be top of the notch...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
KJA Special Forces

Post by KJA Special Forces »

A great author, a free thinker and a true gentleman. But then again Im a fan boy.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:A great author, a free thinker and a true gentleman.
Wow, check out the troll complimenting Frank Herbert. :shock:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
KJA Special Forces

TheDukester wrote:
KJA Special Forces wrote:A great author, a free thinker and a true gentleman.
Wow, check out the troll complimenting Frank Herbert. :shock:
I also think Frank was a great author as well.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA
lotek

Post by lotek »

KJA Special Forces wrote:A great author, a free thinker and a true gentleman. But then again Im a fan boy.
i think the word you're looking for is the other "f word" my dear boy :lol:

but as you can see we really did stop discussing the jacket a while ago, thanks for putting us back on track again!
KJA Special Forces wrote:I also think Frank was a great author as well.
"As well" should be removed from your sentence for better comprehension to unsuspecting internauts, as there is NO WAY you could put Frank and the man who destroyed his work on the same level
NO
FUCKING
WAY!
KJA Special Forces

Frank and Kevin are different in many ways. They do have some things in common.

Did you know that Frank knew of KJA before his death and had mentioned his name to Brian? Bet you did not know that!

Dont be so mean, lets be civil.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Bet you did not know that!
That's because you just pulled it out of your ass, troll.

Frank Herbert died in 1986; Kevin J. Anderson was not a published novelist until 1988.

Not even a very good try, troll. Beyond being plain stupid on the surface — as if Frank Herbert would even have bothered to piss on a rent-a-hack like TheKJA — it only took me about 90 seconds to verify those dates.

Galactic fail.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

KJA Special Forces wrote: Did you know that Frank knew of KJA before his death and had mentioned his name to Brian? Bet you did not know that!
bet you cannot prove !

your ass + pull = quote

getting real close to STFU time ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
KJA Special Forces

I did not make it up. It was said that KJA wrote to FH detailing why he felt Dune was the best science fiction work of all time. FH appriciated the well drafted note, that is all. I did not say FH picked KJA, it was in fact Brain Herbert who chose KJA.

Do you guys also hate Brain?
lotek

Post by lotek »

what do you think?????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by lotek on 24 Sep 2009 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
KJA Special Forces

lotek wrote:what do you think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be a bit ironic for you to love Frank so much and hate his son. Thats a bit strange no?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

KJA Special Forces wrote:
lotek wrote:what do you think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be a bit ironic for you to love Frank so much and hate his son. Thats a bit strange no?
What does one have to do with the other?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It should come naturally if you're a fan of FH and have read his son's books.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

KJA Special Forces wrote:I did not make it up. It was said that KJA wrote to FH detailing why he felt Dune was the best science fiction work of all time. FH appriciated the well drafted note, that is all. I did not say FH picked KJA, it was in fact Brain Herbert who chose KJA.

I thought that he never got to send the note to FH, and that he ended up gving it to BH instead. I think it was covered in an interview for WoD

Post by lotek »

not as strange as you but I will try to explain for the sake of argument...

I cannot have any respect for someone who sells away his father's legacy like B did, so being Frank's son is not a joker card that allows him to do whatever.
If he'd shown talent or at least some hint he respected Dune maybe but it looks like that's all he has going in this venture, his name(you should be able to find the references to the way Tolkien's son managed no to sell out for an example of how to do it)

Many more reasons but hey one step at the time is the way to go when dealing with ???
come on it'll be our little secret you're not for real are you? (funny how that question always comes back in similar cases, you eel compelled to ask when you know you cannot get that answer)
KJA Special Forces

I do not think Brian is as good as his father, but he is not far off. He did learn how to write from his father. He did write his fathers Bio - Dreamer of Dune. I think Brain has a lot of great stories and ideas. He may not have the skill of Frank and KJA but he has really interesting ideas and concepts.
lotek

Post by lotek »

KJA Special Forces wrote:Frank and Kevin are different in many ways. They do have some things in common.

Did you know that Frank knew of KJA before his death and had mentioned his name to Brian? Bet you did not know that!

Dont be so mean, lets be civil.

Dan Brown leave that body!!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:
KJA Special Forces wrote:I did not make it up. It was said that KJA wrote to FH detailing why he felt Dune was the best science fiction work of all time. FH appriciated the well drafted note, that is all. I did not say FH picked KJA, it was in fact Brain Herbert who chose KJA.

I thought that he never got to send the note to FH, and that he ended up gving it to BH instead. I think it was covered in an interview for WoD
Same thing I saw. kja and FH never had contact.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

He told the same story at Dragon*Con. (Promise I'll get that up soon.)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Which version, FZ?

It seems more likely that he wrote a letter, but it was never delivered before Frank's death. Is he somehow changing it to "Oh, no, I got the letter there just in time! And even though he was dying from cancer, Frank took the time to mention to Brian that I was going to be a superstar author!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:Which version, FZ?

It seems more likely that he wrote a letter, but it was never delivered before Frank's death. Is he somehow changing it to "Oh, no, I got the letter there just in time! And even though he was dying from cancer, Frank took the time to mention to Brian that I was going to be a superstar author!"
Frank died first, he never had any contact with him. Even mentioned stalking him. :D
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

That's one of my least-favorite bits of HLP trivia: despite all the living authors they could have chosen who had actually met Frank, they pick a rent-a-hack who was literally never even been in the same room with the guy.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, if there had been ANY CONTACT between FH & KJA, KJA would have been blaring it to the heavens for YEARS now, not just mentioning it when all the other teats are going dry.

MASSIVE FAIL. :laughing:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
KJA Special Forces

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Which version, FZ?

Frank died first, he never had any contact with him. Even mentioned stalking him. :D
Then I was misinformed of this story. But KJA did write a note. And Brian felt as though FH wuold have appreciated the note.