Analysis of Kevin

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Post by SandRider »

Dying in a fire ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

crash test dummy(he's already got the dummy part, now for his nudune crash)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Nebiros wrote:I asked about Kevin's mental state of health because I want to know where Kevin is getting it wrong in life. Sure we hate his guts for exploiting other people's resources and his writing is terrible, but things seem to work out for Kevin. I pointed out that a shrink would say that he is arrogant, greedy and has a longing for love and respect from many people. But the fact is it works for Kevin. He is able to put food on the table and have the love of fanboys which is what he wants.
Revelation: that is life. How many morons are currently writing books that sell? How many other hack filmmakers are currently making movies? How many other talentless bands are selling records? Sadly, far too many. It's not a social issue, it's one of mind-numbing inefficiency. Our culture, our society and it's economy are all dreadfully inefficient. All this mediocrity that sells bank rolls the truly great work worthy of praise. The mediocrity makes it possible for the exceptional. I don't care how successful KJA may be, I want my child to be like Frank Herbert, not like KJA.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
lotek

Post by lotek »

GamePlayer wrote:
Nebiros wrote:I asked about Kevin's mental state of health because I want to know where Kevin is getting it wrong in life. Sure we hate his guts for exploiting other people's resources and his writing is terrible, but things seem to work out for Kevin. I pointed out that a shrink would say that he is arrogant, greedy and has a longing for love and respect from many people. But the fact is it works for Kevin. He is able to put food on the table and have the love of fanboys which is what he wants.
Revelation: that is life. How many morons are currently writing books that sell? How many other hack filmmakers are currently making movies? How many other talentless bands are selling records? Sadly, far too many. It's not a social issue, it's one of mind-numbing inefficiency. Our culture, our society and it's economy are all dreadfully inefficient. All this mediocrity that sells bank rolls the truly great work worthy of praise. The mediocrity makes it possible for the exceptional. I don't care how successful KJA may be, I want my child to be like Frank Herbert, not like KJA.
May the Great Mother hear you and spare you a brian :mrgreen:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

GamePlayer wrote: Revelation: that is life. How many morons are currently writing books that sell? How many other hack filmmakers are currently making movies? How many other talentless bands are selling records? Sadly, far too many. It's not a social issue, it's one of mind-numbing inefficiency. Our culture, our society and it's economy are all dreadfully inefficient. All this mediocrity that sells bank rolls the truly great work worthy of praise. The mediocrity makes it possible for the exceptional. I don't care how successful KJA may be, I want my child to be like Frank Herbert, not like KJA.
I can explain that, and it's my fault.

It all started with Elvis & my parents' generation making the horrible mistake of giving
their children spending money.

The last time adults were in charge of art & entertainment was around '63 or so, the Rat Pack era.

Then the kids took over, and adults have defaulted to the judgement of children ever since.

the obvious problem, of course, is that children are fucking stupid. That's why they're children.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:the obvious problem, of course, is that children are fucking stupid. That's why they're children.
But you've got it backwards. Children know everything. It's not until they become adults, or later that they realize they don't and can truely begin to learn.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

lotek wrote:May the Great Mother hear you and spare you a brian :mrgreen:
For one and all, my friend. We should hope that holds true for one and all. :)
SandRider wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Revelation: that is life. How many morons are currently writing books that sell? How many other hack filmmakers are currently making movies? How many other talentless bands are selling records? Sadly, far too many. It's not a social issue, it's one of mind-numbing inefficiency. Our culture, our society and it's economy are all dreadfully inefficient. All this mediocrity that sells bank rolls the truly great work worthy of praise. The mediocrity makes it possible for the exceptional. I don't care how successful KJA may be, I want my child to be like Frank Herbert, not like KJA.

It all started with Elvis & my parents' generation making the horrible mistake of giving

The last time adults were in charge of art & entertainment was around '63 or so, the Rat Pack era.

Then the kids took over, and adults have defaulted to the judgement of children ever since.

the obvious problem, of course, is that children are fucking stupid. That's why they're children.
There's some truth for sure, though it's not quite as simple as all that. The role of television, working hours, technology and women in the workplace have also been significant factors (if not more so) than expendable income among the underage. It's also important not to discount the greater advantages than disadvantages to more numerous shifts in art & entertainment (and social policy for that matter). Of course, the major downside of this process is the accelerated exploitation of these new movements in arts and entertainment. The fault for that is again a complex mesh of adult and child.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

If someone made a lot of money by taking existing works of art, say, and destroying them to make souvenirs for tourists, and they had a great life, would you ask what they are doing wrong?
I don't see it that way. It's not like he's cutting up the Mona Lisa into a thousand pieces and selling the pieces to tourists or removing bricks from the Great Wall of China and selling them. The equivalent to this would be worse than what they are doing now. That would be to divide up Frank Herbert's Dune notes and sell them to the highest bidders. Indeed some of the public would be informed of what Frank Herbert's plans for the series were, but never the whole public and you could never be sure if Frank's notes are safe. Or perhaps finding first edition Dune hard covers and tearing out the pages to sell to people.

Here is how I see it:

You come see the Mona Lisa in the art gallery and can be further amused by buying cheap souvenirs in the gift shop.

OR

Putting a child's crayon drawing next to the Mona Lisa in the art gallery. This is admittedly an insult, but you can still admire and be the judge of the good works of art. People who read the new Dune books and Frank Herbert's original six can still be the judge of what is good literature even if they are first time Dune readers.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

People who read the new Dune books and Frank Herbert's original six can still be the judge of what is good literature even if they are first time Dune readers.
Only if they know what good literature is to begin with, no?

That obviously doesn't apply to the pre-and-just-post-puberty teen fanboy demographic these novels seem to be written by...I mean, for. Or to the obviously reading-challenged adult fans who love them so. Not to mention the many less proficient, non-native-English-speaking fans (whose primary motivation, I suspect, may be something like "Ooh, wow, a FAMOUS science-fiction series that EVEN I CAN READ!").
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

SandRider wrote:
GamePlayer wrote: Revelation: that is life. How many morons are currently writing books that sell? How many other hack filmmakers are currently making movies? How many other talentless bands are selling records? Sadly, far too many. It's not a social issue, it's one of mind-numbing inefficiency. Our culture, our society and it's economy are all dreadfully inefficient. All this mediocrity that sells bank rolls the truly great work worthy of praise. The mediocrity makes it possible for the exceptional. I don't care how successful KJA may be, I want my child to be like Frank Herbert, not like KJA.

I have to agree with the angry Sandrider to a strangely high degree, but another part of that problem is the aggrandizing of teenage culture in our post European society. Think about movie and television (probably books, I rarely read modern fiction, but Twilight and Harry Potter probably speak for me) the popular shows are all about teenagers or adults acting like children. I hear the voice of Hank Hill saying "They'll probably never write a Broadway Musical about the man who pays his bills on time and keeps a perfectly manicured lawn." I think of the Neil Postman's "The Disappearance of Childhood" and I now think it would be "The Disappearance of Manliness". The Disappearance of Childhood dealt with the idea that with the rise of film and television our culture is now translated without literacy. A kid can learn everything about the adult world without learning how to read. I point to the relevant Sandchigger signature. With the rise of the internet beast a new type of 1[\]73R[\]37 L173R4cy has risen and is evolving, but we in our European and post-European cultures still lack a right of passage into the unique adult concept "RESPONSIBILITY". That's why we're the OH are upset with BH/KJA the HLP &c. They have the rights but they are using the rights as a shield to be irresponsible with the work. It's not wrong to make childish versions of masterpieces, but it is falling way short of what responsible adults should do. We the OH (I hope I can speak for us) had a fatherly disappointment with the handling the legacy that has turned to the rage and shame of parents who's children are actively trying to humiliate us.

[Rant cannot be sustained any longer. Boiler Pressure Critical.]
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Bobby, put some pants on so I can kick your ass!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

let me clarify something : I get angry at individuals. (or groups of individuals)

I am bitter & cynical at the state of politics, society &etc.

this is because I was once a bright-eyed optimist who thought the world could be changed
for the better by the people, from the ground up. This never really occurred, and in some
ways it's worse.

the divide between rich and poor is greater than ever, but now, the rich (or even middle-class)
really don't give a fuck about the poor, in fact now blame the poor themselves for the situation.

Racism got a little bit better for awhile, when they started letting black people get rich too, and hate
the poor with everybody else. I was actually hopeful for minute when America elected a (sort of) black
man to the Presidency. Now, racism is equated with patriotism again.

for a little while, from the mid-nineties up to about last year, I thought we really had a shot at moving
away from the coal and using windpower for the majority of electricity production. now, folks are
starting to realize just how much that's actually going to cost and backing away in droves.

and to apjak:

:cookie sm:

for using the word "probably" three times in that post, and not spelling it "prolly" ...
ImageImage

Apjak

Post by Apjak »

SandRider wrote: and to apjak:

:cookie sm:

for using the word "probably" three times in that post, and not spelling it "prolly" ...
I'm so happy I got my first cookie and it was from you. :romance-cloud9:

Although I'll prolly just screw up really soon and be on that list of individuals that you're angry with.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The only racism I see around me is by blacks towards whites.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

So we've heard you mention I think once or twice. :wink:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:So we've heard you mention I think once or twice. :wink:
I'm sorry, but it's frustrating when the people you bend over backwards to treat equally shit all over you.

I didn't ask to be white and I will not be ashamed of it.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:So we've heard you mention I think once or twice. :wink:
I'm sorry, but it's frustrating when the people you bend over backwards to treat equally shit all over you.

I agree with you completely, but those black people are still getting shat on too, and do have tougher lives to lead just because they're black. Does that make it okay for them to be racist? No, of course not, but they certainly are closer to being right than the white racists are (and there are still plenty of those. If there are as many up here as there are here (a lot) there are definitely just as many or more where you are).

I'm not apologizing for being white to anyone, but I'll fully admit that my life is a hell of a lot better just because of my skin colour.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

I agree with you completely, but those black people are still getting shat on too, and do have tougher lives to lead just because they're black. Does that make it okay for them to be racist? No, of course not, but they certainly are closer to being right than the white racists are (and there are still plenty of those. If there are as many up here as there are here (a lot) there are definitely just as many or more where you are).

I'm not apologizing for being white to anyone, but I'll fully admit that my life is a hell of a lot better just because of my skin colour.
True, I'm just saying they perpetuate racism against them by acting that way.

The white people I know are not openly racist, meaning they may not like black people but they treat them equally. I don't care if black people hate me but I still expect them to treat me the way they want to be treated. IMO you can hate all you want as long as you treat people equally.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

The white people I know are not openly racist, meaning they may not like black people but they treat them equally. I don't care if black people hate me but I still expect them to treat me the way they want to be treated. IMO you can hate all you want as long as you treat people equally.

Word. On a related note, I am fully looking forward to beating the living shit out of these fine folks next March 21st (white pride day, AKA: skinhead beatdown day).

http://www.aryanguard.org/

It's gonna be gooooood times. :D
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Word. On a related note, I am fully looking forward to beating the living shit out of these fine folks next March 21st (white pride day, AKA: skinhead beatdown day).

http://www.aryanguard.org/

It's gonna be gooooood times. :D
But don't you think violence is wrong? :wink:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Nope. Not at all.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Nope. Not at all.
In that case, stomp their guts out. :twisted:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

I really should restrain myself from getting physical, seeing as I've essentially posted my premeditated plan for the world to read...

... I'll try to be good. I'm just going to let them know that THEY are the "race traitors", and that they aren't welcome in the streets. I'm generally not a fan of violence in anything other than defense anyways.

:mad: But so help me gods if one of them makes the mistake of calling my girlfriend a paki. Rude and innacurrate. Then there'll be trouble.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:the obvious problem, of course, is that children are fucking stupid. That's why they're children.
Reminds me of one of my favorite Simpsons lines: That's why you're still kids, 'cause you're stupid.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Post by lotek »

jeez these guys are complete and utter idiots...
amazing :crazy: