KJA-induced amnesia (ATTN:RedBugPest)

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: KJA-induced amnesia (ATTN:RedBugPest)

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

it's looking that way, his arguments are fairly basic (and un-researched) so far.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Here's the guy you should recruit once Pestie has been traded in for some bald tires:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3KDMPWPDL ... hisHelpful" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(edit: screwed by the link-age; hit Page Up once to see the actual review)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, he's turning out to be an actual, real person.

Imagine that. :shock:

I don't think he'd be much interested in trying to defend McDune, though, based on his more recent comments.

(What happened to ignoring Pestie outside the ATTN threads?! :naughty: )

(Also, 'Rider, isn't " :snooty: " also sort of enabling him in a way? TOTAL IGNORING please! :D )

(Wanted to type TOTAL IGNORANCE but that's the wrong message! :P )

I actually had Pestie in my foe list, blocking his posts, but then he started posting in the ATTN threads so I took him out. Unless he starts posting actual answers in the right threads, he's going back. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I guess I meant :snooty: as "no, not going for it"

:hand: would be good, too

but you're right.
total ignorance is the way to go.

Brian who ?

(hah ! get it ? double-whammy there, kids !!!)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

BUMP
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Dune Nerd wrote:BUMP
I wouldn't bother bumping them all. I don't have THAT much time...

Post by Dune Nerd »

redbugpest wrote:
Defending the undefendable is a bit time consuming isn't it?
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Schu wrote:
ionah wrote:
Schu wrote: - Shenna and Duncan: were there when he regained his memories, were witness to both his superspeed and admission that he was capable of it.
do Ghola Teg hides this from them in the spacehsip ? :think: well maybe, i read the stuff so quickly ... (and in english) .. so maybe i go in da book and read again about it.

concerning the comeye, maybe was the information "classified" and not all the Sisterhood was aware of it.
concerning the Jews, they may have heard rumor about it, at least yes, Rebecca might have known since having sharing with Murbella who shared with Odrade who knew ...
Yes, he hid it from them too. There was no mention of Teg's superspeed being a secret among the sisterhood - it runs rather contrary to the democratic nature of the Bene Gesserit that full revered mothers (and proctors, no less) would be restricted from such information, especially when they were using him as a military commander. The only time I remember any records being restricted was when it was something that people didn't have to know, and would be bad for morale.

Actually, I remember the general sisterhood explicitly knowing about Teg's superspeed - something about them not considering his superspeed that big a deal, but if they found out about his ability to see no-ships, he'd be in trouble. I can't find my copy of CH:D right now though :(
I think it was more along the lines of the manifestation in that ghola. I think that there was common knowledge that the potential was in that Teg, but there was no guarantee that it would manifest.

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:
Your buddy seems to.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Your buddy seems to.
That is fine - he (she)? is welcome to take a stab at any of them.....

I just don't want you bumping them all on account of me.... :)

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Your buddy seems to.

I think we've learned how well that works. :twisted:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:I think it was more along the lines of the manifestation in that ghola. I think that there was common knowledge that the potential was in that Teg, but there was no guarantee that it would manifest.
Um ... didn't it "manifest" when he regained his memories?

:roll:

FAIL.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

redbugpest wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Your buddy seems to.

To be honest, I'd rather discuss these points with you, redbugpest. KJASF is only pretending, in an effort to get us all riled up. Hence the lack of my participation in his attempts at proper debate. You are a true Keith fan, which is rare around here.

If you are indeed a Special Forces member, then please don't hesitate to persuade other such folk to come on over for a chat about Dune!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Schu

Post by Schu »

redbugpest wrote:
Schu wrote:
ionah wrote:
Schu wrote: - Shenna and Duncan: were there when he regained his memories, were witness to both his superspeed and admission that he was capable of it.
do Ghola Teg hides this from them in the spacehsip ? :think: well maybe, i read the stuff so quickly ... (and in english) .. so maybe i go in da book and read again about it.

concerning the comeye, maybe was the information "classified" and not all the Sisterhood was aware of it.
concerning the Jews, they may have heard rumor about it, at least yes, Rebecca might have known since having sharing with Murbella who shared with Odrade who knew ...
Yes, he hid it from them too. There was no mention of Teg's superspeed being a secret among the sisterhood - it runs rather contrary to the democratic nature of the Bene Gesserit that full revered mothers (and proctors, no less) would be restricted from such information, especially when they were using him as a military commander. The only time I remember any records being restricted was when it was something that people didn't have to know, and would be bad for morale.

Actually, I remember the general sisterhood explicitly knowing about Teg's superspeed - something about them not considering his superspeed that big a deal, but if they found out about his ability to see no-ships, he'd be in trouble. I can't find my copy of CH:D right now though :(
I think it was more along the lines of the manifestation in that ghola. I think that there was common knowledge that the potential was in that Teg, but there was no guarantee that it would manifest.
I don't think you are understanding this. When I said "There was no mention of Teg's superspeed being a secret among the sisterhood", I meant the ghola, not the original. When I said " it runs rather contrary to the democratic nature of the Bene Gesserit that full revered mothers (and proctors, no less) would be restricted from such information", I meant the comeye records of when the ghola regained his memories and admitted that he he moved faster than the eye can see.

Everyone knew. Most especially Sheanna, who was right there (like, seriously, she had bits of him inside herself) and Duncan, who was watching the whole time. But everyone else too. In Teg's own words, "I figured it was time to introduce ourselves fully to the Bene Gesserit. They should know how far they can trust us. There's work to do, and we've wasted enough time on stupidities"

(though, that said, he didn't admit he could see no-ships ;) )
Schu

Post by Schu »

Also, I'm glad you've taken the opportunity to discuss this :)
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:
redbugpest wrote:I think it was more along the lines of the manifestation in that ghola. I think that there was common knowledge that the potential was in that Teg, but there was no guarantee that it would manifest.
Um ... didn't it "manifest" when he regained his memories?

:roll:

FAIL.
When he regained his original memories, he would have then "remembered" that he could do it. The ability just may not have manifested on it's own prior to that.

Post by Schu »

No redbugpest, you're dodging the issue. We're not talking about the original Teg, nor about Teg pre-reawakening. We're talking about Teg after he regained his memories.

We aren't talking about anything that manifested before that, we're talking about when Sheanna was imprinting Teg and inadvertently reawakened his memories that way. She saw it because she had bits of him inside herself at the time, Duncan saw it because he was there, invited by Odrade, and the rest of the sisterhood knew it because it was on permanent comeye record.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Thanks, Schu. I was just reading the "reply" and was about to post "What the FUCK are you babbling about?!" :roll:

Don't waste your time on this loser. He hasn't the balls, brains or integrity to address things honestly.

Just like his hero.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:Thanks, Schu. I was just reading the "reply" and was about to post "What the FUCK are you babbling about?!" :roll:

Don't waste your time on this loser. He hasn't the balls, brains or integrity to address things honestly.

Just like his hero.
Just like TehKJAcket or Kevin's Bitch?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TehKJAcket, of course. :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

Like I said, I'd never seen anyone even try to address this, I'm still intrigued to see how it would be done. I just hope pesty gets off these circumlocutions and gets to the real issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just kept doing this.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Of course he's going to just keep jerking around. He has nothing to bring.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Schu wrote:Like I said, I'd never seen anyone even try to address this, I'm still intrigued to see how it would be done. I just hope pesty gets off these circumlocutions and gets to the real issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just kept doing this.
I agree that there is something odd here, I went back and reread the end of Chapterhouse, and will agree that there would have been a reasonable cross section of people who would have known. I am not sure it would have been common knowledge throughout the whole BG, but would have been known by a good deal of the Chapterhouse RMs.

I'll go back and reread Hunters and Sandworms again to see if there is something there. :think: :think: :think:

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Schu wrote:Like I said, I'd never seen anyone even try to address this, I'm still intrigued to see how it would be done. I just hope pesty gets off these circumlocutions and gets to the real issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just kept doing this.
I agree that there is something odd here, I went back and reread the end of Chapterhouse, and will agree that there would have been a reasonable cross section of people who would have known. I am not sure it would have been common knowledge throughout the whole BG, but would have been known by a good deal of the Chapterhouse RMs.

I'll go back and reread Hunters and Sandworms again to see if there is something there. :think: :think: :think:
The MOST idiotic post by you ever!!!

Read Heretics and Chapterhouse moron if you want to increase a bit of your severely lacking Dune knowledge. Damn! You're an idiot!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

The MOST idiotic post by you ever!!!

Read Heretics and Chapterhouse moron if you want to increase a bit of your severely lacking Dune knowledge. Damn! You're an idiot!
Uh - Read them - Go back and re read the start of the thread, because it has to do with the surprise about Teg's abilities in KJA's books.

So, to make it simple for you:
Schu wrote:Hiya! I was wondering what you thought of (and I'm assuming you've read Chapterhouse Dune and Hunters of Dune) everyone managing to randomly forget that Teg could move quickly.

Let's go over the crew roster:

- Shenna and Duncan: were there when he regained his memories, were witness to both his superspeed and admission that he was capable of it.
- Other splintered Bene Gesserit: Had access to comeye records of that incident - it was common knowledge in the sisterhood.
- The Jews: these guys were on Gammu when Teg did all his funky stuff in the first place. They knew (and not only that, but Rebecca had shared with Murbella, who certainly knew).
-Scytale: Well ok, he has an excuse not to know.

Why then, in the sequels written by KJA and BH, did Teg keep his superspeed a "secret" from the crew, and why were the crew surprised when he demonstrated it - even if they somehow didn't know (which they did), the BG had heard rumours about the whole thing, to the point where Odrade explicitly asks Teg about it, so acting all surprised is kinda... inconsistent ;)
I have agreed to Schu's statement that their had to be prior knowledge

I am going to go back and see if I find anything that I feel adequately explains it......

Do you follow it now? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And you complain about ME :shock: