I found this presentation

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Hunchback Jack

Re: I found this presentation

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Slugger wrote:Just as a comparison, did anyone watch the Neil Gaiman interview? He shows more personality in the first 2 minutes than those Twins have demonstrated in any of the interviews I have watched.
Not surprised. Gaiman wrote American Gods, after all. Not the greatest novel in the world, but pretty damn good. Intriguing plot. Memorable characters. Some moral ambiguity. And Gaiman knows his way around the English Language.

I'd expect Gaiman to be *way* more interesting to talk to than KJA.

Edited to add: The Neal Stephenson lecture starts off way more interesting as well. More people in the audience, too. :)

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

I enjoyed American Gods thoroughly.
Hunchback Jack wrote:Edited to add: The Neal Stephenson lecture starts off way more interesting as well. More people in the audience, too. :)
Gaiman's is packed.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Freakzilla wrote:
Slugger wrote:Just as a comparison, did anyone watch the Neil Gaiman interview? He shows more personality in the first 2 minutes than those Twins have demonstrated in any of the interviews I have watched.
I think they're robots.

Not intelligent robots, more like the animatrons at Disneyworld.
Like... Omniplex and Eraser from 'nu'Dune
Long Live the Fighters.