Wanna go commando with KJA?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

indyman911

Wanna go commando with KJA?

Post by indyman911 »

Just wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking for a while and I love this site! I got something in the mail today that I had to join and share. It made me laugh so much. It's this quarters Anderzone letter. He's started a new site where you too can join to be one of KJA's Special Forces! "I'm sending this special invitation to a select group of names from our AnderZone club mailing list. We're looking for a few good KJA fans who are dedicated, enthusiastic, and willing to help. This can include posting reviews, blogs, and links to our websites, and participating in bulletinboard discussions, maybe even providing local support when I'm doing an appearance in your area. Would you like to be a charter member of the "KJA SPECIAL FORCES?" Membership is free. As part of the team, you'll have access to a members-only chat room and bulletin board, on which I'll interact frequently and directly answer your questions. I'll also post draft chapters of works in progress, even hard-to-find short stories from my writing vault. The most active KJA Special Forces members will receive signed books, exclusive T-shirts, limited-edition promotional items, and chances to win advance reading copies of my new novels before they are available in bookstores...I hope you'll want to join us. Sign up at http://www. kjasf.com. The first 100 special forces members will receive a FREE pad of full-color Edge Of The World sticky notes." :puke: Then it had a superman postcard autographed by KJA and a Paul of Dune bookmark autographed by both of them. :puke: Anybody else get this crap in the mail and laugh?
Schu

Re: Wanna go commando with KJA?

Post by Schu »

What mailing list are you part of to get crap like that?? Though it's almost worth considering to be part of a forum where KJA regularly interacts.... the laughs that could be had from that place would be epic! Wanna join and cross-post to us? ;)

Also, hi :)
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

I got added to their list years ago when the Hunting Harkonnen booklet came out. I sent a SASE to them for it and the Whipping Mek booklet and ever since I get his newsletter 4 times a year. I usually just throw it out but this one with the "extras" I had to share. It could be a lot of fun to join and share with you guys. Thanks for the welcome :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This could actually be more fun than trying to infiltrate C-H Tabrrrr. :lol:

Welcome, indyman911. :D
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

I wish I could scan them. At home, I have a PS3 that I swipe wi-fi from my neighbor. At the hotel I work for, I have a terminal in the lobby that the guests use. Anybody wants to send me an old fashioned fax number. I'll be happy to xerox the letter and extras tomorrow at work. Any ideas what my screen name should be?
Schu

Post by Schu »

T(A)U

I'd go with something like GholaPaul.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Is this anything like the KISS Army? :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe the username should come from his Saggy Suns crap. ;)
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

I SO badly want to go with Suncrusher1999 but that's too obvious isn't it
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

So this is how he recruits the 5 stars reviewers on Amazon: "I haven't finished Jessica to the winds of Dune, heck I haven't even bought it, but this book is fantastic" :think:
indyman911 wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking for a while and I love this site! I got something in the mail today that I had to join and share. It made me laugh so much. It's this quarters Anderzone letter. He's started a new site where you too can join to be one of KJA's Special Forces! "I'm sending this special invitation to a select group of names from our AnderZone club mailing list. We're looking for a few good KJA fans who are dedicated, enthusiastic, and willing to help. This can include posting reviews, blogs, and links to our websites, and participating in bulletinboard discussions, maybe even providing local support when I'm doing an appearance in your area. Would you like to be a charter member of the "KJA SPECIAL FORCES?" Membership is free. As part of the team, you'll have access to a members-only chat room and bulletin board, on which I'll interact frequently and directly answer your questions. I'll also post draft chapters of works in progress, even hard-to-find short stories from my writing vault. The most active KJA Special Forces members will receive signed books, exclusive T-shirts, limited-edition promotional items, and chances to win advance reading copies of my new novels before they are available in bookstores...I hope you'll want to join us. Sign up at http://www. kjasf.com. The first 100 special forces members will receive a FREE pad of full-color Edge Of The World sticky notes." :puke: Then it had a superman postcard autographed by KJA and a Paul of Dune bookmark autographed by both of them. :puke: Anybody else get this crap in the mail and laugh?
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

KJA, King of the unscrupulous. I've said it before thank your Gods this individual is not in a position of power. Enron wannabe Carpetbagging Cunt.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh. God. This is too funny:

http://www.kjasf.com/registration.php
As a Special Forces member, we will be asking you to help us spread the word when a new project is released. This means we’ll want you to:

Post Blogs
Post Links
Post reviews on Amazon.com and other sites
Get involved in discussion groups
Provide local support (as needed) for Kevin's appearances and signings

Some rewards of membership include:

Charter Membership in the KJA Special Forces
Members-only bulletin board with direct access to Kevin J.Anderson, who will be participating and answering your questions.
A chance to win Advance Reading Copies of books not yet available in bookstores
Reading draft chapters and sneak previews of works in progress
Reading hard-to-find short stories from the KJA writing vault
Prizes and drawings
Special Invitations, Offers, and Discounts at http://www.anderzoneshop.com
Exclusive Special Forces gear
Special gifts for assisting at signings or conventions

Disclaimers & Confidentiality Agreement

[Required] I affirm that I am a fan of Kevin J. Anderson’s work and can wholeheartedly support and recommend it to others.
[Required] I understand that by joining the KJA Special Forces I may learn confidential information about his projects. I agree not to disclose any confidential information obtained from this website unless asked to do so.
[Required] I agree not to distribute copyrighted materials obtained from this website.
[Required] I understand that if I fail to abide by any of these conditions, I will forfeit my membership in KJA Special Forces.
Probably figures if that Snipes dude could start his own paramilitary group.... :lol:
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

Next thing you know, he'll start his own religion. Seriously, you guys want in, send me an e-mail and I'll reply with the access code. I don't want to post it openly, I'm sure they got some asshat monitering this site and would just shut it down. I'm sick of these two shiteheads dumping on Frank's legacy. I never wasted my time writing a one star review for Amacon because I knew they would just take it down and now I'm being asked to join his cult. You guys want the code, you got it
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come.

Welcome indyman911!

And thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This is going to be more fun than a drunk chick. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I had no idea that a "pad of sticky notes" had become the thirty pieces of silver of our age.

Good to know :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

KJA isn't worth as much as Jesus.

Anyway the title to this thread really had me worried about reading it :puke: .
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, to me, "going commando" means I'm not wearing underwear.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

I was trying to make a joke with the title. Since it had to do with special forces, the only funny thing I could think of was "going commando". Maybe I should of spelled it Kommando. :D
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

This could be fun.

Welcome, indyman911!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:Oh. God. This is too funny:

http://www.kjasf.com/registration.php
Disclaimers & Confidentiality Agreement

[Required] I affirm that I am a fan of Kevin J. Anderson’s work and can wholeheartedly support and recommend it to others.
[Required] I understand that by joining the KJA Special Forces I may learn confidential information about his projects. I agree not to disclose any confidential information obtained from this website unless asked to do so.
[Required] I agree not to distribute copyrighted materials obtained from this website.
[Required] I understand that if I fail to abide by any of these conditions, I will forfeit my membership in KJA Special Forces.
Damn - Guess that means haters aren't welcome :( ... ... .... :twisted:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

What a fucking ego maniac.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Can this creature sink any lower, recruiting rent-a-mob to turn up at his book events and give glowing reviews to his latests turds. Ugh. :puke:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Let's not forget the guy over on MySpace who offered to ask any hecklers or naysayers to step outside. There's something very definitely sinister about this lurking under the surface, I have no doubt.

Since they ask for the "Access Code ... As printed on your private invitation" and full name and address, I imagine they're going to be checking registrations against a master list and anyone besides indyman911 who tries to use his code will get nixxed pretty fast. (Note, I'm giving them the benefit of assuming they have normal intelligence and didn't just include the Access Code thingy because ... well ... "Dewd, access codes are kewl!" ;) )

So ... sorry, indyman911 ... but it looks like you're going to have to go in and take one for the Jihad! :lol:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I disbelieve! Oh, GAWD I'M DISBELIEVING!

Seriously, I don't believe it. I thought he was just a bad writer and a bit of an egomaniac. I didn't know he was Glenn Beck Insane...
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

That's cool. I just wanted to bring this crap to your attention. I have no intention of joining his cult but I would like to be a member of this site. It actually was a generic letter that was mailed to me asking me to be a shill. Like I said, I get his shitty newsletter 4 times a year and throw it out. Peace! :D