Mr. Teg

Recent Dumbnovel Blog Post

Post by Mr. Teg »

The original blog caption posted under the picture:
Kevin and Rebecca...can you see the words
running through their heads?

:D
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

CHOAM
Schu

Post by Schu »

Kevin: I tolerate this woman because she does shit for me and puts my weiner in her mouth if I do the dishes.

Moesta: This smile is preserved in mylar and they occasionally spraypaint my hair to keep it from looking as dead as I am inside.
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

[quote="Mr. Teg"][/quote]

Flattering! I can see why they put it on the net.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

So ... those rumors about George Lucas and Hillary Clinton were true. :shock:

(He's lost weight. She found it. Oh ... the humanity!)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wow - could they be any more pale & pasty ?

for an "avid hiker", Keith sure looks like a tub of goo.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

No kidding. What sort of sun-block does he use: like SPF 100?

I'm not sure how much of this "hiking" bullshit I'm even believing any more. Hiking is great exercise; it shouldn't turn you into Jabba's cousin.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

TheDukester wrote:No kidding. What sort of sun-block does he use: like SPF 100?

I'm not sure how much of this "hiking" bullshit I'm even believing any more. Hiking is great exercise; it shouldn't turn you into Jabba's cousin.
Hey! Don't mock Jabba's cousin like that. He's very sensitive about his weight.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Photographer: Okay, lean a bit harder. That's it. Uh, Kevin, could you grin both your chins? Beautiful. Okay, smile!
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

TheDukester wrote:No kidding. What sort of sun-block does he use: like SPF 100?

I was just wondering how someone who is outside all the time is still so pasty white.
SandRider wrote:wow - could they be any more pale & pasty ?

for an "avid hiker", Keith sure looks like a tub of goo.
Ah! And Im not the only one! :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:for an "avid hiker", Keith sure looks like a tub of goo.
:lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking he's using "hiking" to mean "sitting under a tree while I stream-of-consciousness into a digital recorder". Either that, or the "chapters" he dictates are mumbled keywords that get expanded by his "typist" later.

HBJ
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I've already got a tan from the kid's baseball practice and that was only like three hours.

He's full of shit.

Hiking... my ass.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Damn, talk about having a chip on their shoulder! :D
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

He can't help it if writing award winning books takes a lot out of his day, come on guys, I'm sure he'd be climbing Everest if he had the time.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

NotAbout wrote:He can't help it if writing award winning books takes a lot out of his day, come on guys, I'm sure he'd be climbing Everest if he had the time.
Writing? That's for thinkers! :roll:
Kevin's a man of action! :roll:
He dicktates while hiking.
Everest...he does have Rebecca. :D
CHOAM
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

Everest...he does have Rebecca.
I think you may have stumbled on to the truth of his hikes there.

"And then the --ehhh-- Oracle of time --ehhh-- came down and killed the --ehhh-- evil robots and -ughhh-- Dun-ughh--can Idaho became the super ultimate form times 2 kwis-ahhhhhhhHHHhhhh--tz haderach""
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Damn ... I was going to ask who Everest is. :P
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Latest post from KJA on Dumbnovels:
I've received quite a few letters from fans, especially collectors, wanting to reserve a hardcover first-edition of THE EDGE OF THE WORLD. This novel will come out initially as a trade-paperback, the large-format "classy looking" softcovers that are extremely common internationally.
Well, yes, they are common. But they are usually a consolation prize for authors who don't achieve the sales volume to merit a hardcover release.
Orbit Books, a division of worldwide Hachette Publishing Group, has converted their entire line to this format.
Well, not their entire line. Iain M. Banks, that critical darling, still seems to have his novels published by Orbit in hardcover, on both sides of the pond. I wonder how *that* happens?
Most of the DUNE novels and SEVEN SUNS novels are published in this format in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Well, yes, but the Dune novels are *also* published in hardcover in the UK. You're being a little deceptive there, KJA.

Let's be clear about this - a Dune novel merits a hardcover release. A KJA novel does not.
In the current economy, I'm sure most of you will appreciate saving $10-15 on the cover price. In a year, probably shortly before the release of Book 2, a standard-sized mass-market paperback will be released of THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.
I'm sure the publisher appreciates the lower production costs, too.
Orbit/Hachette Audio will be releasing an unabridged version of THE EDGE OF THE WORLD as a downloadable audio file, at around the same time the book is published.
I wonder if they just grab it off his digital recorder? :)
Meanwhile, today I spent the day out hiking in the Colorado mountains near the well-known Red Rocks amphitheater west of Denver. After being cooped up in the house for so long editing WINDS OF DUNE, my creative batteries were well charged, and I dictated six chapters in THE MAP OF ALL THINGS, the second Terra Incognita novel.
Fine chapters I'm sure they were, too.

One question, Keith ... WHERE'S the FUCKING DUNE CONTENT????

HBJ
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
Orbit Books, a division of worldwide Hachette Publishing Group, has converted their entire line to this format.
Well, not their entire line. Iain M. Banks, that critical darling, still seems to have his novels published by Orbit in hardcover, on both sides of the pond. I wonder how *that* happens?

HBJ
LOL :) Comedy gold.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Let's see here ...

* Terra Incoherent goes straight to TPB;

* The Other Guy's latest Timeweb thing is being published by a vanity press and has gone completely unnoticed;

* The publisher insists on a change of title for the new "Dune" book, desperately trying to distance it from the miserable sales of Pauline of Dune;

* And isn't there some hold-up or other snafu on the Dynamic Duo's Hellhole thing? I thought I read somewhere that it wouldn't have hard covers, either.

Oh, but you'll always have that fabulous Nebula anthology, Keith ... :)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Isn't it enough that we make fun of his writing. Why do we have to tear down his personal life and make fun of the woman he loves?

Because he cheats on her every time he records himself hike-jerking into a rape-recorder and tries to sell it off as Dune thats why!

P.S. I really did mean to type tape-recorder, but I left it the way it is since I think it carries the emotional impact that we feel his writing affects Dune.

P.P.S. We live in a capitalist society Kev. Straight to TPB is basically one step up from straight to DVD. Save your blawg energy for when you have to explain why all your books go straight to Mass-Market. You know, like serial romance does.

p.p.p.s. Seriously, Kev, go back to comics and cartoons. I think their medium fits your style much much better. You might even get something published in Heavy Metal!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I don't know ... most of his blawgs have been so boring lately ... AND HAD SO LITTLE DUNE-RELATED CONTENT ... that I haven't even felt like bothering.

What was ByrByr's excuse for their letting Kevin post whatever shit he pleased again? Something about Kevin and Uncle BoBo now being the "Dune authors" and fans being interested in everything they are doing?

"Today while I was rubbing oil into Rebecca's gnarly corns I thought back to the time when she got a turd crossways and had to have emergency surgery to straighten it and I wrote a love poem while sitting in the crowded waiting room that perfectly expressed all my love and gratitude for her. That poem I have now reworked into the first song on our new Incontinent Terror CD...."

Gawd I hate that hack. :evil:
dunaddict

Post by dunaddict »

I don't blame the guy for promoting his own novels, but DON'T put it in a blog called DUNE-blog dammit!!!! And stop pimping that Saga of the Seven Cashcows on the dunenovels homepage. Remove it, or change the name of the site to 'www.KJA_and_sidekick.com'. :evil:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

The "Bobo" thing cracks me up ... that's what we call our 4-month-old.

(his older brother can't say "brother" yet ... it sounds like "bobo" ... and, yes, that's the end of today's cute toddler story).
Sev

Post by Sev »

And why does it say 'Heroes of Dune' is a trilogy? Admittedly it would be oh-so-nice if the publishers quietly pulled the plug on #4 - "honestly Kev, the kids today only go for trilogies - I can't even pronounce tetrolurgy-whatisit?" - but the sad answer is more likely that the site admins are too fucking stupid to update it.