Secret of KJA Success

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:That was the most homosexual thing I ever read in my life!
Poor thing ... you don't get out much, do you? :lol:

But ... but ... (the pretards sputter) Erasmus didn't really even have a gender, he only self-identified as male ... sort of.

Just another one of those gratuitous details brought to you by The Twin Hacks of Dune!

"Well done, my boys!" :P
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Omphalos wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:I remember someone trying to tell me once that the Battlefield Earth book was far better than the movie.
:lol: That might have been me. I loved the book, but if I said it in those terms, I was just gushing. I think it is better than the movie, but to be honest both sucked ass. I like the book because its so goddam laughable. The movie is just miserably bad. But the book is a riot.
I blame Omphalos :P :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I enjoyed B.E., too (book, not movie). It's goofy fun. I wonder how it would hold up for me now, though ... I'm definitely not the same teenager who pretty much read anything that looked halfway okay.

That next series, though .... ugh. Invasion or whatever the hell it was. The very definition of worthless. Those went straight from the typewriter into galleys, with no proofing, editing, revision, or anything else. Useful only as kindling.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I just think that Hubbard's sense of hero-worship is so overblown that its comical. And the psychlos as a race of bad guys; how is that not funny. And what was the name of that drink that they got loaded on? Kerpow, or something like that? Or the cave men who without instruction can make gold bars from ore with a shovel and a campfire? Or thousand year old working jets? What an unbelieveable load of comical shit that book was.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Omphalos wrote:I just think that Hubbard's sense of hero-worship is so overblown that its comical. And the psychlos as a race of bad guys; how is that not funny. And what was the name of that drink that they got loaded on? Kerpow, or something like that? Or the cave men who without instruction can make gold bars from ore with a shovel and a campfire? Or thousand year old working jets? What an unbelieveable load of comical shit that book was.
Lets not forget the space craft that look exactly like DC-8 airplane, only with rocket engines, instead of jet engines.

I love how he made rocket tech. viable for deep space travel. That is funny. I could write a better sci fi universe while in a coma. Im starting a sci con thread. Cause I feel like most of you have no idea what scientology actually is. They do think LRH books are non-fiction.

LRH's space craft
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Goddammit. Resize or pick a smaller pic. :roll:

Oh ... new page.

Nevermind! :P
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Here's Scalzi with a pretty good take on that Writers of the Future thing:

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2008/02/06/w ... n-hubbard/

So, again, I'd say that Kevvie being CoS, which I'm doubting he is at all, is still the least of our worries. Catholic, Protestant, Southern Baptist, Puritan, Buddhist, or Communist-Anarchist: whatever Kevvie he is, he still remains a talent-free hack. That's the real issue.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Anyway, if he's Co$ we can only blame him for being weak-willed and following brain-washed orders.

If he's freely doing what he's doing to dune, we are much more justified.

Besides, Co$ would start following us around, a few of us more vocal types might die of "mysterious suicides" and others would disappear and reappear having "seen the light" and start loving the new books.

if thats the case i hope i'm one of the ones they kill rather than brainwash.
unless its that crap kind of brainwashin that wears off and i can go all total recall on their asses.

maybe i'd get to work for SeaOrg, isn't it the elite hot female harem he set up?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

I just wanted to pass along to everyone that I went into Barnes and Noble today...I passed the sci fi section.........Paul of Dune was nowhere to be found!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :laughing:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Probably all disappeared via the bargain sale tables months ago. ;)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Unfront wrote:I just wanted to pass along to everyone that I went into Barnes and Noble today...I passed the sci fi section.........Paul of Dune was nowhere to be found!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :laughing:
Was that Powell's? Please, please let Powell's have shrugged this piece of shit off! What a bop in the nose that would be!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

Omphalos wrote: Was that Powell's? Please, please let Powell's have shrugged this piece of shit off! What a bop in the nose that would be!
I have not been into Powell's lately, but since they host the circus (read Brian and Kevin's book signings) when it comes to town, I would bet they still have it.....But I was suprised to see B&N have all of the canon series, and none of the fanfic. It was beutuful. It brought me back to 1995 and before.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Unfront wrote:I just wanted to pass along to everyone that I went into Barnes and Noble today...I passed the sci fi section.........Paul of Dune was nowhere to be found!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :laughing:
yes, as Sandchigger has already stated, Paul of Dune HC is now available as a Bargain book for 6.95ish You'll have to special order it.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Ampoliros wrote:.

Besides, Co$ would start following us around, a few of us more vocal types might die of "mysterious suicides" and others would disappear and reappear having "seen the light" and start loving the new books.
You know the cult well.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey ... shithead has blogged this over on MySpace:

Monday, March 16, 2009

KJA Chosen to Edit Next Nebula Awards Anthology

The Science Fiction Writers of America has just asked me to be the editor for the next volume of the Nebula Award Stories. This is quite an honor. My volume will be out in 2011 featuring stories nominated for the 2010 Nebula (which is given for stories published in 2009, and were probably written in 2008...wow, that's a long process). I'll fit as many stories as I can, as well as commission insightful articles on the state of science fiction. The committee that chose me for the editorship consisted of Mike Resnick, Catherine Asaro, Robin Wayne Bailey, Michael Bishop, Ben Bova, Michael Capobianco, Jack Dann, James Morrow, and Robert Silverberg.

Reb and I also plan to attend this year's Nebula Awards ceremony on April 25 in LA. It's open to the public (see the Nebula Awards site for details); we hope to see some of you there.

KJA
What the fuck?

Could they be trying to rub his nose in the fact that he himself has never received the award? :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Unfront wrote:
Omphalos wrote: Was that Powell's? Please, please let Powell's have shrugged this piece of shit off! What a bop in the nose that would be!
I have not been into Powell's lately, but since they host the circus (read Brian and Kevin's book signings) when it comes to town, I would bet they still have it.....But I was suprised to see B&N have all of the canon series, and none of the fanfic. It was beutuful. It brought me back to 1995 and before.
Yea. Same for U-Books up in Seattle. The one time I went there and saw the shelves were empty I jumped for joy; until I turned around and saw that they were there giving a talk and signing them. :roll:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The committee that chose me for the editorship consisted of Mike Resnick, Catherine Asaro, Robin Wayne Bailey, Michael Bishop, Ben Bova, Michael Capobianco, Jack Dann, James Morrow, and Robert Silverberg.
Translation: Look at all the respected writers who nominated me! See, this proves I'm talented!
Reb and I also plan to attend this year's Nebula Awards ceremony on April 25 in LA. It's open to the public (see the Nebula Awards site for details); we hope to see some of you there.
Translation: Even though I've never won the award, and have barely been nominated, I'm now clearly part of the club. So I (not just a member of "the public") hope to see some of you ("the public") there.

Sickening.

HBJ
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

kja wrote: My volume will be out in 2011 featuring stories nominated for the 2010 Nebula (which is given for stories published in 2009, and were probably written in 2008...wow, that's a long process)
Give my Strength.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Sickening.
He does have issues, doesn't he?

Kevin: acceptance and validation doesn't come through "writing" just as fast as you can.

No charge for that one. :wink:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:ugh, can you imagine what he'll do to sabotage the efforts of all those critical darlings whose work actually gets into the anthology?
My thoughts exactly. Someone like KJA shouldn't be in anyway involved with awards, giving or receiving. Of course, he shouldn't be in anyway involved with writing, but one critique at a time :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: Nice.

Seriously, though, why would they chose him?

Is there a list they cycle through and his number just came up? (Like Berg getting the Dune movie? :P )
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Kevin J. Anderson's knowledge of editing is roughly the same as my knowledge of open-heart surgery.

This will be his first and last time. Once the Nebula folks get over their horror after looking at the results, he'll be firmly shoved aside.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Actually, thinking back, he's mentioned editing several volumes of stories on his blawg over the last year or so. (There was some "Blood"-in-the-title horror/vampire anthology just this last fall, for example.)

Could that have had something to do with choosing him? :?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

If I were to look on the bright side...

Given KJA's penchant for bullshit, it's always possible he is overstating his role. It is also possible KJA was the last name on the list, because everyone else was busy doing real work. Or maybe, just maybe, the folks behind the Nebula Awards are well aware of KJA's skill for pumping out self-congratulatory drivel faster than the five minutes he takes to have sex and figure KJA is the perfect man to write "insightful articles on the state of science fiction".

If I were to be cynical...

The Nebula Awards love of the consumer's dollar has clearly slowed their minds.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The SFWA is an instutution built on neoptism. If past conduct is any indicator, this is an attempt to groom Anderson for bigger things, like awards.

Goodnight Golden Path!