Secret of KJA Success

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Um ... I don't think anyone here has really ever seriously believed he is. A lot of weird circumstantial shit, but nothing real. It's like painting Hypochondria a Pretard, just something to irritate the person in question or his/her/its friends and fanthings. ;)

It would be hilarious if he secretly is, of course. :P
That prick's a Scientologist and that cow is a preq. I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I may might never have used illicet drugs if it hadn't been for Jesus.

Thank You, Lord!

:wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SwordMaster wrote:On a side note... as you may wonder how I became so disgusted by scientology. [etc.]
That blows; no doubt. I'm sorry your family got caught up in all that.

And just for clarification: I can't stand those idiots, either. I just don't think they're a huge issue in regards to KJA. Then again, I could easily be wrong. Maybe next week, KJA's blog will be full of some CoS nonsense and I'll be stuck eating a large helping of crow. I don't know.

Oddly enough, my feeling is that this is one area where KJA isn't deserving of criticism. Because if he is CoS, he's the quietest damn Scientologist I've even seen, and that's the way I like my nut-jobs: nice and quiet.

Ugh. Sticking up for KJA, even vaguely, makes me feel unclean.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I love angry Dukester. :D
Lawl.

No, angry Dukester should probably do more of that "take a deep breath, then decide whether to press 'submit' " thing.

It's that goddamn KJA's fault; he makes me do strange things.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

SwordMaster wrote:Yes, but there is something evil about a place that claims to provide spiritual salvation and proceeds to tell you that you are a mess and your life is a complete disaster if you do not join them. Common guys, that’s beyond what any on the ancient religions do.
Wait ... you've never heard of the (Catholic) Church? :shock:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the definition is up to the Government - in America, whether or not your
group has First Amendment protection - Native Americans had to go to
court to be allowed "sweat lodges" in Federal prisons, & etc.

then there's the Branch Davidians ....

For the Scientologists, the Federal court decision that labeled it a
"religion" opened the door for non-profit tax status ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

What The Fucks!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Baraka Bryan wrote:his language is the same as the hack's when responding to criticism.

"i have such and such awards and therefore you've got nothing on me"

only difference is this guy's got the awards, and KJA's only ever been a bridesmaid
This guy, Mike Resnick has an awfully bad orthography, read his newest entry on his website:
NEWS and UPDATES

03/25/2009

Hugo news.

Mike has to stories up ffor Hugo consideration this year. Both are avcailable to read. "Article of Faith", is nominated for best short story. It appeared in Postscripts #15 (Summer, 2008) and Jim Baen's Universe (October, 2008).
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/farmer/2/

And I can see an add by Wrestlemania!
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:...
Wait ... you've never heard of the (Catholic) Church? :shock:
I'm considering converting to Catholism, only because they have as their leader The Emperor Palpatine and I love Science Fiction!

(this is a joke I meant no offense to anybody, my dad is catholic)

----
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baraka Bryan wrote:i think the technical difference between a cult and a religion is purely a matter of membership and longevity
:wink:

Sure. In just less than 200 years Mormons are walking around like they belong to a real religion; even claim it's a form of "Christianity" ... which itself started out as a cult adaptation of a Jewish splinter group. Give the Scientologists a hundred years or so and they'll be every bit as legit. :lol:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

SandChigger wrote:Give the Scientologists a hundred years or so and they'll be every bit as legit. :lol:
You mean as morally bankrupt as the others. :?:
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

inhuien wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Give the Scientologists a hundred years or so and they'll be every bit as legit. :lol:
Scientology has already reached that point, and then some. I don't think any "legitimate" religion could ever match the horrors of LRH, crusades and inquisitions aside.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

cmsahe wrote:I'm considering converting to Catholism, only because they have as their leader The Emperor Palpatine and I love Science Fiction!

I'll see your Emperor and raise you with a Tom Cruise!

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

:)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I like that clip of Tom going dark side Jedi on Oprah! Funny clip!

That dude crazy as shit

Its true that a lot of religons start off as cults and overtime people accept them as a religon but will anyone ever accept Xenu our Galactic Over Lord???
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of that clip.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

People can accept anything. All it takes is a good enough PR campaign :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Mr. Teg wrote:
What The Fucks!
lol that's what i thought when i first saw it too
The fact this exists makes me gag I had no idea what it was till yesterday
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Redstar wrote:
inhuien wrote:
Scientology has already reached that point, and then some. I don't think any "legitimate" religion could ever match the horrors of LRH, crusades and inquisitions aside.
How could anything LRH ever did come even close to the crusades and inquisitions? I assume this was a joke that was missing a winky face?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Redstar wrote:
inhuien wrote:
How could anything LRH ever did come even close to the crusades and inquisitions? I assume this was a joke that was missing a winky face?
He was saying if you take those 2 things aside and I would co-sign to that. LRH is/was beyond any other "religon" based horrors.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SwordMaster wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Redstar wrote:
inhuien wrote:
He was saying if you take those 2 things aside and I would co-sign to that. LRH is/was beyond any other "religon" based horrors.
Ah, I see my missunderstanding.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Depends though, I look at crazy Mormans as maybe worst ever, because Insest Rape of children is nothing less then pure evil. So really, that is far worse then what Scientology does or ever will do. If I was to go on a blaze of glory to kill as much evil as possible, I think Id start in Utah.
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

GamePlayer wrote:...

I'll see your Emperor and raise you with a Tom Cruise!

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

:)
O my, this is hilarious!, there you have it! evidence on the evilness of scientology (oh boy I wrote it to a MB, I can expect to get sued any day now...)

----
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SwordMaster wrote:Depends though, I look at crazy Mormans as maybe worst ever, because Insest Rape of children is nothing less then pure evil. So really, that is far worse then what Scientology does or ever will do. If I was to go on a blaze of glory to kill as much evil as possible, I think Id start in Utah.
BTW One of my favorite authors is Jon Krakauer and he wrote a book about the subject: Under the banner of heaven

----
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Compared to the Mormons, Scientology isn't that bad (but we're looking at the lesser of two evils here). Scientology has led to the horrible deaths of quite a few of their members, planted members in government positions to get top-secret information to sell between world powers, driven people into bankruptcy and delusions, and so much more.

The Mormons have done quite a bit in the short time they've been here, and the child brides/polygamy certainly stands out the most. But the atrocity I always remember is the Mountain Meadows Massacre, when an emigrant wagon train was attacked and 120 men, women, and children were killed. Some infants were killed while in their mothers arms, and the bodies were left to rot on the plains for over two years. They then covered it up by saying it was a local Indian attack, and it's only recently that this has come to light.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Redstar wrote:But the atrocity I always remember is the Mountain Meadows Massacre, when an emigrant wagon train was attacked and 120 men, women, and children were killed.
Really? That's the one you "always remember"? So you lifted your description of the events, word for word, from the Wikipedia page? If it means so much to you, you'd think you could come up with your own words to describe it ...

Worse yet, you'll paint an entire religion — and quite a large one, too — based on an event from 150 years ago? Three words for that: complete fucking bullshit.

Do you actually have any experience in Mormon communities? I have quite a bit myself, being in the middle of quite the LDS region (I live not that far north of Genoa, Nev., the site of the oldest Mormon settlement west of Illinois) and having once been engaged to a Mormon girl. Here's what I've found, generally speaking, to be true about Mormons: they are big believers in the importance of family; they are law-and-order people; and they are big on education and faith. In my world, none of these are bad things. About the worst I can say about the LDSers is that I have to shoo a couple of them off my porch once every six or eight weeks when they drop by to talk about the Book of Mormon. Big deal.

Now, am I saying that all LDSers are like this Molly and Norman Mormon picture I'm painting? Of course not. Unlike you, I will not paint with that broad of a brush. As I said above, these have been my general impressions after having spent most of a lifetime in a strong Mormon area and around Mormon families. I'm sure there are Mormons in my area who are, right now, doing less-than-wonderful things, but I'm also sure I can say the same thing about people in any other religious group you can name.

Seriously, you and SwordMaster need to get a fucking grip before you start in with more of your nonsense. You're both coming across like a couple of 12-year-olds with grudges. If you want to discuss religion, or even debate it, that's fine, but do some research and gather some facts (example: the LDS church has officially not sanctioned polygamy since 1890. So the very, very tiny percentage of Mormons who still practice it are part of splinter groups who are operating illegally and without church sanction. These are the types of groups who are profiled in the Krakauer book mentioned above. Great book, I've read it twice, but it represents the beliefs of about one-hundredth of one percent of all Mormons today. Do you guys even get this? Do you understand that no one is more ashamed of these radical idiots than the Mormons themselves?).

So, then: time to do your homework. Maybe come up with something better than a 150-year-old incident the next time you decide to rant about a subject you clearly know very little about. Fair warning: the next time you insult a number of people who I consider good friends (close to family, in some cases) with some weak-ass, childish bullshit, I will go off. I will light you up like the Fourth of July.