"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Sole Man

On Gay peeps

Post by Sole Man »

KJA yearns to ride his God-like worm.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Looks pretty detailed when you zoom in on sections, I'll bet the original is gigantic, probably at least 3' or 4' by 6' or 8'.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Sorry about the images. :( As Tleszer pointed out, refreshing [or telling your browser to "load all images"?] generally brings them out. Unlike Uncle Mike, I check everything before posting links. ;) And I just find it quicker and easier to lob stuff on my own site. :) )

The 920 KB version available on the Youll interview page or over in the thread on DN (Byron's repost) is really detailed.

Of course, they're too hung up on the hype to give any details about the painting like size. (Not even over on Youll's website. :roll: ) I think he does air-brushing? Not sure....
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:Of course, they're too hung up on the hype to give any details about the painting like size. (Not even over on Youll's website. :roll: ) I think he does air-brushing? Not sure....
One of the youtube vids for sandworms showed him doing his stuff in Photoshop - It looks like it's all digital. - Also there's a lot of photo bits on the JoD cover too.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Didn't have the stomach to sit through that stuff, knowing it was Shawnbo probably doing the filming.

Hmmmm. That changes things a bit. :? Maybe that's why the "Technique" section on his site is still under construction.

Not to belittle digital artists or anything ('cause I love traipsing around DeviantArt and seeing what people can do), but I'm considerably less impressed with Youll in that case.

Add that to the fact that, to me, he came across in that interview as just another wowed fanboy dipshit.... Feh.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Digital is just another tool - in the right hands there's nothing easy about it. It's not a quick fix, it's not all about photoshop filters and lenseflare :P There are some incredible artists out there... who just happen to use it as their weapon of choice.

But the more I look at this JOD cover the less I like it - esp in big. It's a quick montage. Not like some of his earlier work (which was actual painting) this looks quick and cheap.... something to do with project sales perhaps? :wink:

(or maybe it's just the quicker he finishes.. the quicker KJA leaves his house :shock:)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Butt they're best buds. ;)
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Damn right!

He's the male Honored Matre, after all.
Duncan is a male bitch :)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Sole Man

On Cmshe's comment

Post by Sole Man »

He's mah future bitch.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(You really don't think about or understand what you're typing all the time, do you? :roll: )
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock: Good point.
Sole Man

on my madness

Post by Sole Man »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(You really don't think about or understand what you're typing all the time, do you? :roll: )
it'd be scarier if he thinks about each post very intently and that's the output.
You wan tah see sumdin scary?
DuneFishUK

Re: on my madness

Post by DuneFishUK »

Sole Man wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(You really don't think about or understand what you're typing all the time, do you? :roll: )
it'd be scarier if he thinks about each post very intently and that's the output.
You wan tah see sumdin scary?
I'm convinced he's had all these posts planned out for years.. and when they match up with a topic - it's just chance.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

It better not be prescience because that would mean that the Kwisatz Haderach Project took a horribly wrong turn... is it because of Sloey that BH & KJA are writers of the Dune Expanded Universe?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Scary: I was just going to post something along similar lines. :shock:
Sole Man

on EVIL

Post by Sole Man »

Everything is falling into place...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Oh, just piss off already, would you? The most evil thing about you is probably your complexion. :roll: )

Well, it's official, the font of all information has spoken:
ByrByr wrote:Irulan of Dune is next. There is no Alia of Dune.
So ... what can we conclude from this little incident?

Well ... that Stephen Youll is really, really in the loop and well-informed by "confidante" Kevin and that he has a keen grasp of what's going on in the (Mc)Dune world.

Dipshit.

And that Shawn "Webdruid" Speakman doesn't care enough about details or not letting Youll make a fool of himself to double check stuff before uploading it to the Web. (There was also a spelling error or two in Youll's quotes. ;) )

Double dip-shit.

This was fun. :D
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:(Oh, just piss off already, would you? The most evil thing about you is probably your complexion. :roll: )

Well, it's official, the font of all information has spoken:
So ... what can we conclude from this little incident?

Well ... that Stephen Youll is really, really in the loop and well-informed by "confidante" Kevin and that he has a keen grasp of what's going on in the (Mc)Dune world.

Dipshit.

And that Shawn "Webdruid" Speakman doesn't care enough about details or not letting Youll make a fool of himself to double check stuff before uploading it to the Web. (There was also a spelling error or two in Youll's quotes. ;) )

Double dip-shit.

This was fun. :D
Or that Byron is so out-of-the-loop that he's actually wrong about it. Maybe Kevin's plans discussed with Stephen haven't been given to the HLP yet.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I woundn't say that that was impossible.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That crossed my mind when I was updating my blog post this morning, but it seemed more fun to bash Youll and Shawndruid.

If it turns out to be the other way around, EVER BETTER! :lol:

McDune: Always a Win-Win Situation. For the O.H. :twisted:
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Speaking of OH, my College of Education is located in O'Donnell Hall. The designation on the school's map, OH. 8) I find it fitting.

Rob
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Just when you think everyone associated with the ongoing McDune-Book-Per-Year train wreck can't embarrass themselves any further, they still manage to surprise you.

A couple of weeks ago, someone here said something to the effect of "I'm done with attacking the HLP; it's just too easy." I can now say I'm down with that. It's like shooting fish in a barrel with a shotgun ... this is just one of the dumbest collections of people ever.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Webdud has yet to correct the page on his site.

I imagine he won't; will just leave it as is.

(I wonder how many of those twenty-five $75.00, triple-signed (BH, KJA, Youll) copies of PoD he managed to flog off. :lol: )