Five Bucks

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

DuneFishUK

Re: re:

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:Consistancy and Continuity for Dummies?

Ethics and Morals for Dummies?
Dune for Dummies? It couldn't hurt.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
cmsahe

Re: re:

Post by cmsahe »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Consistancy and Continuity for Dummies?

Ethics and Morals for Dummies?
Dune for Dummies? It couldn't hurt.
Actually that would be pretty interesting, like an encyclopedia. Always that they left out the KJA/BH stuff.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^ I know they did one for middle earth, I had a flick though it one day and it seemed OK.

KaPow
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

There's Dune entries in both the Cliffs Notes and SparkNotes series. They're not bad at all ... not particularly deep, of course, but not bad.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Eightyeight

Post by Eightyeight »

yeah i got a good laugh out of seeing PoD in our bargain section. every other No-Dune title took about a year to get there. Pod made it what, six months?

I got it free from work for xmas. The Store Manager put it with the xmas freebies because we had sold 6 copies total.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Eightyeight wrote:yeah i got a good laugh out of seeing PoD in our bargain section. every other No-Dune title took about a year to get there. Pod made it what, six months?

I got it free from work for xmas. The Store Manager put it with the xmas freebies because we had sold 6 copies total.
May I ask what city?

:?:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Fort Worth, Texas. Not the sci-fi capital of the world, but still a rather large metropolitan area.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:Fort Worth, Texas... a rather large metropolitan area.
Thanks, I wonder if that's typical of sales overall.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I doubt it, I think the sad fact is that those hacks are doing fairly well. I've noticed a trend (only over the last half year or so), that most of the bookstores here tend to stock about 4 or 5 different FH books, and only one of each of those, then they stock about 6 or 7 of the new books, with multiples of each. Sad.

That said I don't work there so for all I know the FH just flies off the shelfs every time they get a shipment and that's why it looks lacking... but I doubt it, then they would just order more.
Sole Man

On Kja's madness

Post by Sole Man »

TheDukester wrote:There's Dune entries in both the Cliffs Notes and SparkNotes series. They're not bad at all ... not particularly deep, of course, but not bad.
Oh god, don't let Kevin read that!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

There isn't anything in those that BH&KJA haven't already ignored.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus