How would God Emperor Leto II execute BH & KJA?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I've got 3 of 'em.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Schu

Post by Schu »

I've escaped with only having bought two, one being second hand (telling, huh? :P )
Schu

Post by Schu »

the road to dune has at least some merit. But only because a lot of it is FH words unaltered.
Schu

Post by Schu »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Schu wrote:the road to dune has at least some merit. But only because a lot of it is FH words unaltered.
yeah like 1/3
That's better than their other output by a factor of about 1000.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We can cut the "Spice Planet" pages out to burn them.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Schu

Post by Schu »

I'm up for that.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Schu wrote:the road to dune has at least some merit. But only because a lot of it is FH words unaltered.
Was I the only one who, reading certain passages, wondered about that sometimes? :?
Sole Man

On random shit

Post by Sole Man »

I'm telling you, as soon as I can get a digital cmaera I'll film me buring some of the hack's books. (Hey! Maybe I'll montage it andset it too 'Burning for you' by the Blue oyster Cult!)
Drunken Idaho

Re: on GEoD

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Sole Man wrote:I started GEoD today. I'm so happy! (I wish I could make sweet love to Heidi Klum)

Let's see...How Leto have them executed?

Not sure. Here's how I would do it:

Have them tied to stakes and whipped until unconscopius. When they reawke, have a man in a robe and hood douse them in gasoline and and burn them alive. Then, in their final moments, reveal the gasoline man to be none other than Frank Herbert, his smiling bearded watching paternally over them as they die. [/i]
Holy shit, it's about time.

If it weren't for God Emperor, I doubt I'd ever have felt the need to hang around a Dune discussion board.

Well are you enjoying it? Stupid question, I know...
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GEoD is tough to get through the first time, hang in there Sole Man.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

On GEoD

Post by Sole Man »

I mean, its good...(I'm reading it comming of off A BREIF HISTORY OF TIME) but I think its making me real depressed. But I think she is too, so it might be affecting me.

Hurm...
Drunken Idaho

Re: On GEoD

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Sole Man wrote:I mean, its good...(I'm reading it comming of off A BREIF HISTORY OF TIME) but I think its making me real depressed. But I think she is too, so it might be affecting me.

Hurm...
Dump that bitch. Frank Herbert is your new lover.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Dump that bitch.
= "just let the air out ... "
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Sole Man wrote:(I'm reading it comming of off A BREIF HISTORY OF TIME)
I only made it about 3/4 of the way through that before he lost me, I'll have to try it again sometime.
~Pink Snowman
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:GEoD is tough to get through the first time, hang in there Sole Man.
Yeah, GEoD is one of those books that I liked but didn't quite understand on the first reading. I'm on my second reading of it and it's much easier and more enjoyable this time around.

But even my first reading of GEoD made it clear that anything FH wrote was much better than the new books.
dunepunk

Post by dunepunk »

GEoD by itself is evidence of Frank Herbert's genius. And, judging by the "conclusion" in Grunters/Sadworms, it's absolutely obvious BH and KJA totally missed the whole point... sad... :cry:
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that the thoughts acquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

dunepunk wrote:GEoD by itself is evidence of Frank Herbert's genius. And, judging by the "conclusion" in Grunters/Sadworms, it's absolutely obvious BH and KJA totally missed the whole point... sad... :cry:
I think that nulifying Leto IIs sacrafice and negating the GP is worst thing they could have possibly done. All the other inconsistancies are nothing compared, this is blasphemy.
~Pink Snowman
dunaddict

Post by dunaddict »

Freak, you don't understand. BH/KJA had to, because it was in Frank's outline for Dune-7. It was his plan to make his previous three Dune books completely pointless.

Killer-cyborgs with brain-jars, robot-clowns in drag, Saint Scytale the just, psychopath-bitch Murbella, a Sandworm deep-throat scene, chunks of meat flying around every three pages.
It all blends so naturally with the end of Chapterhouse. Surely you recognize the style of the master when you see it?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Now go post that on DN. I dare you. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:puke:

I knew we'd put some miles on that smilie!
~Pink Snowman
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Freakzilla wrote:
dunepunk wrote:GEoD by itself is evidence of Frank Herbert's genius. And, judging by the "conclusion" in Grunters/Sadworms, it's absolutely obvious BH and KJA totally missed the whole point... sad... :cry:
I think that nulifying Leto IIs sacrafice and negating the GP is worst thing they could have possibly done. All the other inconsistancies are nothing compared, this is blasphemy.
I beg to differ...

Fucking up the finely crafted commentary on heroes and hero-worship by introducing the midget-God and her deux-ex-machina-solutions is just as bad.

And ruining the Butlerian Jihads relevance for, and resonance with, all the ongoing plots and themes in the chronicles is equally blasfemous.

I think you will find your outrage over nullifying all of Leto II's work is based on the obviousness of it, it's clarity. It is a giant finger to both Leto II the character, and to GEoD the book!
As well as a giant stinkpile and insult to to Frank and his fans, of course - but that goes for all their Dune writings.

Oh my, the dynamic duo has truly divided the fanbase... Or maybe it just shows us which things in Dune we liked the most - when we see them slandered and ridiculed!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

But the Normacle is what nullifies everyting Leto did, now his GP is just a vision inside her vision.

I mean, she can see the back of her head! Who can compete with that?
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No, she can see the back of her head from all the way around the frickin' universe, Freak!

RAD. :D

:roll:

Frank's books as biased or false in-universe texts while theirs tell the "true version" is the ultimate slap in the face.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:No, she can see the back of her head from all the way around the frickin' universe, Freak!

RAD. :D

:roll:

Frank's books as biased or false in-universe texts while theirs tell the "true version" is the ultimate slap in the face.
Yeah, I take it back, that's pretty damned low.
~Pink Snowman
dunaddict

Post by dunaddict »

Could have been worse though: Sandworms of Dune, last scene:

Paul Atreides wakes up in his bed on Caladan, bathing in sweat. It was all just a nightmare. The End.

Speaking of Nightmares. Who would have thought back in 1999, when the first prequel was published, that they would fuck up so BADLY.
I mean, it's kind of mind-boggling how someone can write in the Duniverse for ten years and still make mistakes even a casual reader can spot.