Memo to By-By and Bri-Bri: THIS is how you do it

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

shintemaster wrote:The project has been given to an author who has been a fan of the books since they first began, apparently they inspired him to become an author in the first place.
That sounds uncannily like Kevin's line. :shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
shintemaster

Post by shintemaster »

SandChigger wrote:
shintemaster wrote:The project has been given to an author who has been a fan of the books since they first began, apparently they inspired him to become an author in the first place.
:) Like I said, time will tell. The fact that the guy can argue plot points, over arching theories and knows the books back to front certainly bodes a lot better than Kevin "I'll just write what I want and then change the meaning of Frank's books later" Hack Anderson.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

shintemaster wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
:) Like I said, time will tell. The fact that the guy can argue plot points, over arching theories and knows the books back to front certainly bodes a lot better than Kevin "I'll just write what I want and then change the meaning of Frank's books later" Hack Anderson.
Jordan's wife was also an editor at TOR for twelve years, one of the real good ones according to various authors on line, so I think their is an editorial overview that Dune has been missing.

Rob
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Robspierre wrote:
shintemaster wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
Jordan's wife was also an editor at TOR for twelve years, one of the real good ones according to various authors on line, so I think their is an editorial overview that Dune has been missing.

Rob
A half decent editor / monkey with a red pen would improve nu-Dune tenfold. A decent editor with the right sort of overview and the means to enforce changes before publication might make it readable.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, after all, Kevin shi...er, dictates perfect prose, so there's really nothing for an editor to do. :P
Eightyeight

Post by Eightyeight »

Freakzilla wrote: I don't think Pinky & The Brian could have done a good job with a trillion pages of notes.
Don't you mean they couldn't have pulled off a Dune book with 99% of the pages already written and done by of Frank.

They can't even get the main character's motivations right, with six effin books already written about them.