Jessica of Dune page now up on Amazon

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

they can't/don't delete posts in the comments can they ?
unless obscene, I suppose.

the review deletion game is all about the stars.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
trang

Post by trang »

As far as I know there is a chimp running loose who push's random buttons at amazon and deletes things. Just precation. I think your right though only the reviews with stars they hawk.

I should look up a thousand differet ways to say "dark" and post it there so they have a better vocabulary to write the JOD train wreck. The only problem is that I dont think the adjectives are applicable to the story, its more the deep emptines in their heads that needs describing.

Maybe should send them some roadside flares for new years gift so they can stick them in their ears and and become enLIGHTened.

they just suck,
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

trang

Post by trang »

My in depth review of JOD

"Its a transitive adventure: they suck + story sucks = your reading of their story will suck"

Submitted with vengence,
Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Funny you should mention that...

I watched an episode of "Man vs Wild" this morning where ole Bear was halumphing around the hills of Zambia and his diet of grubs and dead game gave him the runs.

The fool was halfway up a waterfall and they had to stop filming so he could shit. (The man has no shame and no sense. Not that seeing Bear butt is anything new for the film crews or viewers. :roll: )

I wonder if Kevin regularly carries toily paper with him on his hikes...??? Guess we could look for brother-in-law fellow hiker Tim's email address and ask. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I bet he doesn't hike that far from a toilet.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Funny you should mention that...

I watched an episode of "Man vs Wild" this morning where ole Bear was halumphing around the hills of Zambia and his diet of grubs and dead game gave him the runs.

The fool was halfway up a waterfall and they had to stop filming so he could shit. (The man has no shame and no sense. Not that seeing Bear butt is anything new for the film crews or viewers. :roll: )

I wonder if Kevin regularly carries toily paper with him on his hikes...??? Guess we could look for brother-in-law fellow hiker Tim's email address and ask. :lol:
Kevin takes a well used copy of Dune and wipes his arse on it, before forcing Brian to sniff it. It gives Brian a new found taste for his father's work.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Tags Customers Associate with This Product
{Jessica of Dune}
atrocity (6)
mcdune (6)
not dune (6)
fan fiction (5)
hack job (5)
non-canon (5)
hack (4)
abomination (3)
bad writing (3)
better than frank s writing (1)
better than the original (1)
blaphemy (1)
cow dung (1)
heresy (1)
kja sucks (1)
legacy destroying (1)
munchkin fiction (1)
powindah writings (1)
retcons (1)
shaitan not shai-hulud (1)
slig sh t (1)
supposedly dark (1)
ultimate dune (1)
unspeakable (1)
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I wonder who tagged "supposedly dark"?

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I tagged "feces" but I guess that was changed to "cow dung."
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freak - check your mail ...
ImageImage

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I wonder who tagged "supposedly dark"?

Some Goth Grrl.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:oops:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Thanks to a post by 'Newt over on FED2K, I've noticed an interesting discrepancy between the pages for this book on the US and UK Amazon sites.

The US site currently provides no Product Description, but the UK one features this:
Product Description

Between the end of Frank Herbert's DUNE and his next novel, DUNE MESSIAH, lies an intriguing mystery: how a hero adored by a planet became a tyrant hated by a universe. Paul Atreides is the man who overthrew a corrupt empire and then launched a terrible jihad across the galaxy, shedding the blood of trillions. The now-hated tyrant, the blind emperor Paul Muad'Dib, has walked off into the endless desert of the planet Arrakis, known as Dune, leaving his turbulent empire without guidance. It's up to his mother Jessica, with her daughter Alia, the brave troubadour-warrior Gurney Halleck, the resurrected Duncan Idaho, the Fremen leader Stilgar, as well as Paul's wife-in-name and biographer, Princess Irulan, to try and hold an empire together even as it tears itself apart from within and without.

About the Author

Kevin J. Anderson has over 15 million books in print in 27 languages worldwide. He is the author of, among others, the X-FILES novels GROUND ZERO and the JEDI ACADEMY trilogy of STAR WARS novels - the three bestselling SF novels of 1994. He has also co-written the international bestselling prequels to Frank Herbert's monumental DUNE series. He has won, or been nominated for, many awards including the Nebula Award and the Bram Stoker Award. Visit his website www.wordfire.com
At least they've gotten the "writer" bit right for a change. ;)

(The US site was a few days late on updating to show the title change as well, so the blurb will probably show up shortly. Maybe it's Kevin's Uncle Mike handling this stuff, too? :roll: )
Dunenewt

Post by Dunenewt »

I noticed someone tagged Star Wars on the UK version.
SandChigger wrote: I thought Nekhrun made a good point (again) over on DN: that the original "girly titles" of the next two books (Jessica and Irulan ... a big GROAN on the coconut joke, btw :lol: ) probably wouldn't do well in attracting the apparent target demographic of these books.

To wit: barely post-pubescent geeky teenage boys. :P

(Which description fits Dunenewt over on FED2K, it seems, even though he's 20 or something.)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

There you have it. The ultra-perceptive UK reading public. ;)

Reminds me I haven't dropped by the UK PoD page for a while. FINE reviews there, if few in number. ;)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:At least they've gotten the "writer" bit right for a change. ;)
Is it significant that KJA's name gets top billing this time?

I don't think it will.. but IF the actual book follows suit and puts Keith's name at the top that will shelve it away from the other Dune books (written by FH or BH & KJA) and into the KJA (KJA & BH) section ... where all the real fans lurk these days?

They've already said DUNE is the brandname they're after and a change of tactics is what the publisher demands.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Sev

Post by Sev »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

There you have it. The ultra-perceptive UK reading public. ;)

Reminds me I haven't dropped by the UK PoD page for a while. FINE reviews there, if few in number. ;)
Yeah ok, so we have idiots in the UK as well :roll: - at least poor ratings aren't deleted over here, giving a truer showing of its unpopularity. Sandworms currentlyat 2.3 and Paul at 2.16 - ouch!! I've just tagged Winds with a suitable moniker.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I want him to SHUT THE FUCK UP about that damned "corrupt empire". Shaddam's empire wasn't any more or less corrupt than any other (including Paul's) at least as the Canon books show us.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Quite.

Sev! Don't misunderstand me! Confirmed life-long Anglophile here! :D

I meant that I agree with tagging McDune as "Star Wars", because it's more George Lucas than Frank Herbert.

And the last time I looked at the PoD page, there were only four or five reviews, and only one that was favorable.

For once I wasn't being sarcastic.... :(
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Sev wrote:Yeah ok, so we have idiots in the UK as well :roll:
And here's the truth of it. :)
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Is it too late to mention that the last sentence in that plot summary is a travesty? Any time I see "as well as" used instead of simply "and" at the end of a list of things, I always think the writer is trying to be too clever.

HBJ
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Wanna bet Kevin wrote it? :P

I noticed yesterday afternoon that the blurb is from the paperback version. It lists Kevin first, before Brian, at the top of the page, but only mentions him as the author below.

The hardcover page still had the old title and no product info, just like the US page.

Amazon is a well-oiled machine. :roll:
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:Wanna bet Kevin wrote it? :P

I noticed yesterday afternoon that the blurb is from the paperback version. It lists Kevin first, before Brian, at the top of the page, but only mentions him as the author below.

The hardcover page still had the old title and no product info, just like the US page.

Amazon is a well-oiled machine. :roll:
Yeah, but who buys books because Brian Herbert wrote it.

More and more I'm thinking that the publisher has declared that this book will be more commercially viable if it was written by KJA - who has his own fanboys.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Jessica of Dune page now up on Amazon

Post by SandChigger »

The Jessica, Mother of All Winds of Dune page now (finally) sports a cover image (left) ... which is essentially the UK cover with a few changes (right):

Image Image

KJASF Amazon spokesman B. Conway seems to think it's an Amazon glitch. Because he hasn't heard anything about it through the "grapevine". (=That line of shit from Kevin's anus to his mouth that he seems to love swallowing.)

A glitch is, of course, entirely a possibility. But the SciFi mark and difference in lettering would seem to preclude it.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if TOR/Macmillan decided the Youll suk scene cover was such a(nother) potential sales-killer that they changed the cover without letting KJA know about it first? :D

There is a precedent for something like that with this book, after all. Remember the title change, which Kevin received from on high during his and 'Becca's trip to NY? ;)

(I checked the book on Barnes & Nobel but they're showing "Image not available". I haven't really checked them lately but I kinda thought they had the Youll cover before. Hmmm. ;) )
Freakzilla

Re: Jessica of Dune page now up on Amazon

Post by Freakzilla »

So they're blaming poor sales on the cover art now?

Is it me or are they trying to make Jessica's ass look good in a stilsuit?
~Pink Snowman