Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 45

Post by Freakzilla »

What do Holy Accidents teach? Be resilient. Be strong. Be ready for change,
for the new. Gather many experiences and judge them by the steadfast nature of
our faith.

-Tleilaxu Doctrine

Murbella picks an Honored Matre entourage and returns to Chapterhouse, sending ahead a message that she brings Futars to attract Handlers, they may be the source of the biological weapon that was making vegetables of Honored Matres. She orders the Rabbi and party kept in the no-ship and the protective mines removed. The next morning she sits in Mother Superior’s office wearing her red robe and orders Bellonda to bring in her Honored Matre council. She tells them they would have stupidly killed the golden goose. She tells them they desperately need each one of the witches and the teaching burden on them will be enormous. She tells them that she is both Great Honored Matre and Mother Superior and the Bene Gesserit would listen only to her. When they start to object, she reminds them of how easily she whipped the floor with Logno and her aids. Of course they all want this knowledge and remain quiet. They will think they are kids in a candy store until they are almost Reverend Mothers, then it will be too late. The same way it happened to Murbella. She orders them to tolerate the Bene Gesserit and offer them no violence. She sends them away with the promise of pain and death if they fail to obey. Next, she must teach Reverend Mothers how to get along with Honored Matres. Eventually, there will be no Honored Matres, just Bene Gesserit with improved reflexes and augmented sexual knowledge. She whines to her Other Memory persona of Odrade about her pain at the unavoidable loss of Duncan. Bell catches her doing it and warns her to be cautious and to judge information from Other Memory for herself. Bell gives her a report to read on how the Bene Gesserit must be meek to the Honored Matres, and Murbella thinks it’s a good start and tells Bell they must at least pretend to love them. She orders that Scytale and the Rabbi’s party must be kept under wraps for now. She thinks of them in the no-ship on the flat and has a hard time imagining it lifting off and vanishing into space under it’s own power. Suddenly, she sees what Duncan is planning.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Edric

Re: Chapter 45

Post by Edric »

In the UK version of the book this chapter is the second half of chapter 44.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Edric wrote:In the UK version of the book this chapter is the second half of chapter 44.
It's possible I combined two chapters, can anyone verify this in the US edition? :?:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Edric

Post by Edric »

Freakzilla wrote:
Edric wrote:In the UK version of the book this chapter is the second half of chapter 44.
It's possible I combined two chapters, can anyone verify this in the US edition? :?:
No you didn't, this is part of the differences between the US and UK versions. The UK version has chapers 44 + 45 in one big chapter, The US version splits it up. Why it was done that way is a mystery to me.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
~Pink Snowman