Chapter 42

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 42

Post by Freakzilla »

Battle? There's always a desire for breathing space motivating it somewhere.
-The Bashar Teg

Murbella watches the Battle of Junction from her no-ship command center as other Reverend Mothers Share Rebecca’s Lampadas hoard. Teg’s forces are victorious and find Odrade in the new tower with the Spider Queen. Both Teg and Odrade have a strange feeling that something is not right, Teg notices there are very few wounded compared to dead and very little blood, he thinks the Honored Matres threw down their arms too easily and suspects a trap. He tells Odrade they must have a secret weapon they haven’t discovered.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Probably the best large-scale battle scene in the entire series. 8)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The feint at Gammu is pretty good too. He uses some great descriptions but still leaves a lot of it up to your imagination.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, it's a close second(not that we really get many big-scale battle scenes actually described mind you), but it's described to a lesser extent, so you can't really put it in the same category.

I'd say my favorite battle scene is the whole Teg vs FD's and Duncan&Lucilla's escape with Burzmali sequence(sp?).

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

what is the bloodless weapon though...i never really thought frank went into that enough
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
orald

Post by orald »

I think it's alluded that it's some sort of "nerve disruptor"(however that works, and it's been debated*), as Duncan sees in his armory vision.

All we know about it from its work that it's an inconspicious small black(?) tube, and when you attach a charge to it it can kill all life instantaniously in a given(changable IIRC) radius. The victims die an immidiete, bloodless(painless? maybe, it's just so fast) death.

The HM had a very limited amount(200 charges in total was it?) which they could not replenish(Ixian scientists couldn't replicate the device, they wanted the charge to understand it but of course the stupid HM didn't want to give them).

*Some have suggested a rediculous claim that it's a bio-weapon, ignoring the fact that it wouldn't work in such speed and precise radius as described in Ch:D, nor the need for a "charge" or what it's called.
It's obviously some sort of good ol' sci-fi-ish energy field...and you can bet on FH to squeeze it into the Holtzman-effect category.
:roll:

Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

That battle scene was the poop. :D
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 42

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 42

Post by Freakzilla »

Y'all are full of shit. FH's battle scenes are all in your head.
~Pink Snowman