Chapter 30

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

inhuien

Re: Chapter 30

Post by inhuien »

We're getting into a drift here I know, but I think the obvious reason there's no mention of her in GEoD is that he meant it to be the last Dune novel, at least when he wrote it.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

SandChigger wrote:
antonio wrote:However, in Sheeana's case, she appears less affected by the Agony, and therefore, by implication, less affected by the presence of Other Memory/Ancestor Memory itself. It is as if, like Siona (invisible to prescience), Sheeana is invisible to Ancestor Memories and therefore freed from the antiquated strictures of human history, and empowered to confront difficult challenges from a totally unique perspective.
Textual support? (=Quotes?)
I'd like to hear more. Read. You know what I mean.
I bring nothing to the table.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
antonio wrote:However, in Sheeana's case, she appears less affected by the Agony, and therefore, by implication, less affected by the presence of Other Memory/Ancestor Memory itself. It is as if, like Siona (invisible to prescience), Sheeana is invisible to Ancestor Memories and therefore freed from the antiquated strictures of human history, and empowered to confront difficult challenges from a totally unique perspective.
Textual support? (=Quotes?)
I'd like to hear more. Read. You know what I mean.
I've already posted textual evidence to the contrary, but if there's more...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
Of course there would be, they were more aggressive, but they were still worms. What she did was much more than that, she spoke to the Pearl within via her refined paul/chani/leto/siona/fremandance/spiceorgy/siaynoq/marketdance thingamajig.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
Of course there would be, they were more aggressive, but they were still worms. What she did was much more than that, she spoke to the Pearl within via her refined paul/chani/leto/siona/fremandance/spiceorgy/siaynoq/marketdance thingamajig.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

:wink:

I believe the prediction was for a "sandrider".

Lucilla inhaled a deep breath. Was the entire design for the Duncan Idaho
gholas to be shared with her now?
"There is a female child named Sheeana Brugh on Rakis," Schwangyu said. "She
can control the giant worms."
Lucilla concealed her alertness. Giant worms. Not Shai-hulud. Not Shaitan.
Giant worms. The sandrider predicted by the Tyrant had appeared at last!

I think we're making too much of the prediction and missing the big picture.

The point was, the BG were looking for someone who could control the worms, notice where I started the above quote.
~Pink Snowman
antonio

Post by antonio »

Freakzilla wrote:I think a group of strong Reverend Mothers, The Bashar, Duncan Idaho, the Last Master and the Jews will be able to take care of themselves wherever they go.

More like, take over.
Yeah, I agree. That is a great collection of people. I had the impression that there were Futars on the ship also:

"I bring Futars to attract Handlers. Honored Matres fear a biological weapon from the Scattering that made vegetables of them. Handlers may be the source. Prepare to keep Rabbi and party in no-ship. Honor their secrecy. And remove
the protective mines from the ship!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
~Pink Snowman