Chapter 29

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 29

Post by Freakzilla »

No sweeteners will cloak some forms of bitterness. If it tastes bitter, spit it
out. That's what our earliest ancestors did.

-The Coda

Murbella awakes in the middle of the night from a nightmare. Words with fangs and tentacles are chasing her. Duncan wakes up an tries to comfort her. She had told Bellonda that morning that she spoke nine languages and Bell had sent her on a "linguistic heritage" study. Duncan tells her that they do this on purpose, certain words ignite unconsious responses, and they intend to rid her of trauma connections. He tells her that they won't trust her with the deeper training until she learns how they use words as tools of control. Duncan tries to steer her away from it but they end up discussing his and Sheeana's plan to use imprinting to awaken Teg's memories. They discuss Bene Gesserit morality and Duncan comes to the conclussion that he is a willing participant in their dream for the maturation of mankind. They discuss her "working on" Scytale to pry information from him but she finds that idea revolting. She tells him about how she was trapped in a Honored Matre sweep. Murbella says that the price for her cooperation with the Sisterhood, Duncan and candor about what they plan for her may be too high for them. Duncan warns caution, they might actually tell her. Murbella begins to suspect what it may mean to be a Reverend Mother.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 29

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman