Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 22

Post by Freakzilla »

Major flaws in government arise from a fear of making radical internal changes
even though a need is clearly seen.

-Darwi Odrade

Odrade is going through her daily morning melange dose. She's one of those for whom taking the first spice of the day is painfull. Stregi comes in to change the desert map and Odrade asks her if she's learned about the addiction. Withdrawl in late middle-life can kill. She orders Streggi to ask Tamelane to prepare their trip to Sheeana's desert watch station and to tell the acolyte she's training that she is now in charge of the map. Odrade wants Streggi by her side to demonstrate how Chapterhouse is only temporary. Odrade wonders what Duncan and Sheeana have in mind as a better way to restor Teg's memories. Streggi returns from Tam and gives her message to the new map acolyte. Odrade notes the stack of reports from Archives on her desk and calls for Bell to come "as fast as her fat legs can carry her". Bell is in front of her desk in less than a minute standing like a chastened acolyte. Odrade asks the meaning of this stack of work. She berrates her for not keynoting and places Bell in charge durring her and Tam's suprise inspection of the South. She goes stalking through the halls and to the kitchen which she inspects then asks the senior chef to specially prepare some oyster stew. Tam finds her after eating two bowls to inform her that they are ready for the trip. Odrade asks Tam if they've heard from Dortjula, this pisses Tam of and she says everyone has told her they will notify her the instant they do. Odrade says she was only asking. She decides to let Bell worry about those things. She needs to float free in the currents around her. Sea child knows about currents.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 22

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman