Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 17

Post by Freakzilla »

They say Mother Superior can disregard nothing -- a meaningless aphorism until
you grasp its other significance: I am the servant of all my Sisters. They
watch their servant with critical eyes. I cannot spend too much time on
generalities nor on trivia. Mother Superior must display insightful action else
a sense of disquiet penetrates to the farthest corners of our order.

-Darwi Odrade

Odrade is stalking the halls of Chapterhouse again, instead of going to the practice floor. She thinks the Bene Gesserits have lost their conscience. She's afraid they are loosing their humanity and panics momentarily when she thinks she's loosing hers. It is not enough for them to flow with the current of humanity, they must swim in it. She's been trying to hard to think like an Honored Matre at the risk of her humanity. Survival of the Bene Gesserit is not more important than the Golden Path, that would make their purpose meaningless. She gets back to her workroom to find reports piled on her table. Despite the danger to her humanity, she must continue to think like an Honored Matre. Dortujla, an old Reverend Mother from a punishment planet, Buzzell, appears at Chapterhouse. A group of futars and handlers had sought her out to send a message to Chapterhouse. They want to ally with the BG against the HMs. The futars were genetically engineered to hunt HMs. The handlers appeared human but gave Dortjula the first impression of being face dancers allthough none of the signs were there. They also warn of a HM secret weapon and another threat. The HMs seem to want Buzzell intact. Dortjula suggest that she goes back as bait and try to arrange a meeting. Odrade thinks it's a brilliant idea and tells her to offer Mother Superior's submission of the BG to the HM, even though she has no intention of doing so, and she should suggest Junction as the meeting place.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 17

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised

I just realized I've been spelling Dortujla wrong for 27 years.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Visigoth

Re: Chapter 17

Post by Visigoth »

Your gaining back your short term memory :wink:
Freakzilla wrote:Revised

I just realized I've been spelling Dortujla wrong for 27 years.
ImageImageImage