Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 16

Post by Freakzilla »

We do not teach history; we recreate the experience. We follow the chain of
consequences -- the tracks of the beast in its forest. Look behind our words
and you see the broad sweep of social behavior that no historian has ever
touched.

-Bene Gesserit Panoplia Propheticus

Scytale is whistling, pacing the corridor in front of his rooms. He wants them to get used him whistling. He takes comfort in the fact that they cannot use his cells to find his secrets. He recalls an earlier encounter with Odrade. He wants more freedom but she doesn't want to strengthen him but he is very valuable to her alive. Still he doesn't trust her. She intends to make the Honored Matres aware of their mortality. Scytale feels she's doing the same to him ans says so. Odrade is obviously happy that he's aware of this and grants him a special stimulant drink. Back in the corridor he's thinking of what held the old empire together. Things such as economy and the Great Convention. But what if nothing offended your peers? That says a lot about the Honored Matres. He goes back to his room, regretting his lost society. He vows to make them pay dearly. He contemplates how he will write the history of this moment after he's victorious.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 16

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 16

Post by Freakzilla »

Scytale keeps refering to the ship as Ixian; I thought it was from The Scattering?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman