Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 15

Post by Freakzilla »

Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit. This is the fine
point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job
security.

-Bene Gesserit Coda

Odrade is prowling Chapterhouse, looking for slackness, with Bellonda and Tamalane. They contemplate their scattering and infinity. Odrade suggests the Honored Matres may be running from something. Bell comments that foldspace may introduce them to other universes or even an infinite number of expanding and collapsing bubbles. Odrade secretly wonders if they suspect what she's going to do. Bell again brings up the danger of Idaho and becomes furious when Odrade ignores her. Bell insists Odrade stop using Duncan as a mentat if she insn't going to have him killed. Odrade says he's a superb mentat but what she needs is an inventor. Odrade tires of the inspection and they all go back to her workroom. Bell says they should be ready to kill Duncan at the smallest sign he's a Kwisatz Haderach and Odrade tells them both to get out and go do some work. Bell and Tam worry that Odrade doesn't look good but she insists it's just fatige. They think she's setting a bad example with her affecctions. Odrade says it doesn't effect her decisions so it's not a problem. Odrade decides to reveal the first step in her plan. She calls Streggi in and asks her to bring in ghola Teg, then asks Streggi to wait outside. She tells them all that Teg will be sent into the no-ship and Duncan will restore his memories. Bell and Tam think he's too young and they're moving too fast. Odrade tells Teg to get Streggi to take him to his no-ship quarters and she'll be along later to introduce him to Duncan. Odrade reveals that she plans to organize a punishment force commanded by the ghola Teg. Tam says they'd better start growing another one now. Odrade realizes that she is finally seeing themselves through Murbella's eyes, as a Honored Matre sees them.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Chapter 15

Post by Mandy »

This chapter pretty much proves that Frank Herbert's idea of the scattering went beyond one galaxy. (I seem to recall some discussion regarding the new books, and Omnius and Erasmus being able to threaten all of humanity because they were in the same galaxy...)
Odrade could appreciate Bellonda's feelings. We have never seen empty space. Always more galaxies. Tam's right. It's daunting when you focus on that Golden Path.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Mandy wrote:This chapter pretty much proves that Frank Herbert's idea of the scattering went beyond one galaxy. (I seem to recall some discussion regarding the new books, and Omnius and Erasmus being able to threaten all of humanity because they were in the same galaxy...)
Odrade could appreciate Bellonda's feelings. We have never seen empty space. Always more galaxies. Tam's right. It's daunting when you focus on that Golden Path.
Thanks, that's the best quote yet for supporting my argument. Now... if someone would just argue with me. :(
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Come on Thing, haven't you seen MIB? All Omnius has to do is open the marble bag and he can surround whatever he wants! :D
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SadisticCynic wrote:Come on Thing, haven't you seen MIB? All Omnius has to do is open the marble bag and he can surround whatever he wants! :D
:lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman