Chapter 10

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 10

Post by Freakzilla »

The writing of history is largely a process of diversion. Most historical
accounts distract attention from the secret influences behind great events.

-The Bashar Teg

Duncan is exploring his no-ship prison. He thinks of the Honored Matres hunting him, expecially after he's been training men in the sexual enslavment techniques. He worries that the Bene Gesserit suspect that he has memories of more than one ghola lifetime since he can't hide being a mentat. Dealing with Murbella requires him to act as a mentat. He thinks about his conspiracy with Sheeana. He goes down to the Great Hold and has a vision of "The Net". He sees an old couple tending a garden and they can see him, they comment that he's spread thin and wonder if he knows the danger. This snaps him out of the vision and he realizes Odrade has snuck up on him. She has come to announce that Sheeana wishes to visit Duncan again to discuss Leto II for her Missionaria Protectiva role. Odrade confronts him about having memories from more than one ghola and believes the Bene Tleilax have used cells from multiple gholas to make him. She reveals that Scytale has provided them with knowledge of the the Axlotl tanks but they still don't know how to make melange. She tells him that they suspect the BT are using them for immortality and that Sheeana expects to see sandworms soon. She asks Duncan to be her personal mentat, to which he really has no choice. He asks Odrade for unrestricted access to their computers and she promissed to bring it up in council.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman