Chapter 04

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 04

Post by Freakzilla »

Rules build up fortifications behind which small minds create satrapies. A
perilous state of affairs in the best of times, disastrous during crises.

-Bene Gesserit Coda

Logno, senior aid to the Great Honored Matre, Dama, is summoned to Dama's darkened bedchamber where she's having sex with a Futar. Dama managed to save some secret weapons from "the disaster of The Scattering" and she is inquiring about the progress of an Ixian attempt to duplicate it. The HMs however have not told the Ixians what the device is. The HM's enemy, "The Ones of Many Faces" confiscated the rest of their secret weapons and are the ones whe set the futars against them. They plan to attack Buzzel, a Bene Gesserit planet rich in Soostones. They think it could be a trap. Dama orders Logno to bond some more smugglers and question them about Buzzel's defenses.
mrpsbrk

Re: Chapter 04

Post by mrpsbrk »

POV CHARACTER: Logno

ALSO STARRING: Spider Queen

THEMATIC ANALISYS: There is a parallel between the Spider Queen and Odrade in that both are exagerately daring. Logno, on the other hand, seems to exemplify the "small minds" of the chapter quote. And we see that the HMs do give a big importance to soostones, which might be just a sign of greed or maybe something else.

As a sidenote, instead of talking about an enemy, Logno speaks first of a Disaster, just then thinking about the New Face Dancers...

QUESTIONS: What exactly is the "Council" that retains the charges to "the weapon"?
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

mrpsbrk wrote:POV CHARACTER: Logno

ALSO STARRING: Spider Queen

THEMATIC ANALISYS: There is a parallel between the Spider Queen and Odrade in that both are exagerately daring. Logno, on the other hand, seems to exemplify the "small minds" of the chapter quote. And we see that the HMs do give a big importance to soostones, which might be just a sign of greed or maybe something else.

As a sidenote, instead of talking about an enemy, Logno speaks first of a Disaster, just then thinking about the New Face Dancers...

QUESTIONS: What exactly is the "Council" that retains the charges to "the weapon"?
I have this question as well. At first I thought it was a council of HM, but that seems very un-HM-like.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman