Chapter 47

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 47

Post by Freakzilla »

We are not looking at a new state of matter but at a newly recognized
relationship between consciousness and matter, which provides a more penetrating
insight into the workings of prescience. The oracle shapes a projected inner
universe to produce new external probabilities out of forces that are not
understood. There is no need to understand these forces before using them to
shape the physical universe. Ancient metal workers had no need to understand
the molecular and submolecular complexities of their steel, bronze, copper,
gold, and tin. They invented mystical powers to describe the unknown while they
continued to operate their forges and wield their hammers.

-Mother Superior Taraza, Argument in Council

Odrade sits in Taraza’s office integrating Other Memory and thinking about Taraza’s plan. She had carefully timed leaking info to the Honored Matres about the sexual bonding abilities implanted in Duncan by the Tleilaxu. She thinks about Teg, Waff and his Face Dancers who died on Rakis. Ix and the Guild would fall to competition from The Scattering and the Fish Speakers were a satellite of Ix. They suspect Teg had the ability to see no-ships in the end. Sheeana passed the “proof of Siona” and is allowed to leave the no-ship but Duncan is an unknown and must remain in the ship. He says he didn’t kill Murbella, who is pregnant, because she was not an imprinter. They must be watched together. The worm in the hold was nearing metamorphasis, soon Sheeana would lure it into a bath of water and spice, creating sandtrout that will transform Chapterhouse. They found Teg’s will on the ship’s computer, he called out the Bene Gesserit for their dependence on histories. She takes a ‘thopter out to the no-ship to see Duncan and tells him that the real purpose of Taraza’s plan was to destroy Rakis and most of the worms in order to release the Tyrant’s oracular hold on them. By the time the one they have grows in numbers humanity will have grown past it. Never again will a single force rule their destiny. On her way out she looks at the worm in the hold, wispers to it that they have his language now. She asks if this was his design but got no answer and didn’t expect one.

The End
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 47

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised, Cleaned.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Kronz

Post by Kronz »

Just finished this and loved it but of all five books I've read this leaves me with the most questions.

In regards this chapter, I don't fully get CH planet and the No-Ship. So, at this point all BG descend from Siona? That explains their freedom of movement and keeping Duncan et al onboard the N-S. So what is the deal with the "moat" of N-S satellites? I have other questions but this was the detail that was most unclear to me.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Chapterhouse Planet is surrounded by no-ships creating a no-field around the entire planet to sheild it from prescient searchers.
~Pink Snowman
Kronz

Post by Kronz »

Yeah I get that, but why doesn't that alone make it safe for non-Siona descendants to move freely?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Kronz wrote:Yeah I get that, but why doesn't that alone make it safe for non-Siona descendants to move freely?
It should, keeping them prisoner in the no-ship was just a precaution.
~Pink Snowman
Kronz

Post by Kronz »

All right, thanks. I was just wondering if it would create weird prescient visions, like a Navigator would just see Duncan walking around in space. I'm assuming book six is going to clarify most of my other questions, already it's hit on a few and I am only a few chapters in.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I suppose the idea was that in case something happened to the moat of no-ships, the non-invisible peopel were covered by the no-ship on the landing flat.
~Pink Snowman