Chapter 42

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 42

Post by Freakzilla »

May you die on Caladan!
-Ancient Drinking Toast

Duncan comes to while Murbella is in the process of sexually bonding him which restores the serial memories of all his ghola lifetimes. Duncan responds with responses the Tleilaxu had programmed into him to use against a Bene Gesserit imprinter. Murbella tries to resist but can't. Duncan senses programming to kill the imprinter after it is over but this is not an imprinter. Murbella realizes this is the ghola they were warned about who is armed with forbidden knowledge only Honored Matres should have and needs to be killed but she is exhausted and can only manage to unbolt the door behind which Lucilla and Burzmalli observed them. She gathers enough strength to aim a blow at Duncan's neck but he dodges easily but slowly. She almost falls but Lucilla catches her. Murbella pleads for the Great Honored Matre to kill the ghola but Lucilla tells her the ghola will go to Rakis and renders Murbella unconscious.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Best. Sex. Scene. Ever. :lol:

I'm surprised they haven't made HoD and Ch:D into movies yet, they're choke full of action compared to the earlier ones, and lots of hot babes making out everywhere! :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
RedHeadKevin

Post by RedHeadKevin »

Yeah...nothing turns me on like remembering an immobile grossness of female flesh (my ex.) Or seeing myself as sausages...

But yes, this is probably the greatest sex in all of literature. You're dealing with 2 people bred and deeply trained for sex, with knowlege and skills that have barely been dreamt of. Sex that can almost literally melt your brain until you're completely under your partner's control, and we're talking 2 people doing that to each other! Dang.
I don't recommend anyone drink their thigh pad water. It tastes really bad, like ass and dirt.
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Am I the only one who thinks Herbert was a little lonely when he wrote this stuff? I mean, seriously? The use of sex as an addictive narcotic? Whole societies run solely by women who use manipulation and sex for control purposes?

Sounds like FH had a bad breakup.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Thunderous orgasms... as KJA would say. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

moreh_yeladim wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Herbert was a little lonely when he wrote this stuff? I mean, seriously? The use of sex as an addictive narcotic? Whole societies run solely by women who use manipulation and sex for control purposes?

Bev died of cancer the same year this book was published. Ill be that he was missing that relationship with his wife. He married quickly after that.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omph - was that actually her avatar???? :shock: Chanilover's avi over at T(A)U is soooo much funnier now! :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
moreh_yeladim wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Herbert was a little lonely when he wrote this stuff? I mean, seriously? The use of sex as an addictive narcotic? Whole societies run solely by women who use manipulation and sex for control purposes?

Bev died of cancer the same year this book was published. Ill be that he was missing that relationship with his wife. He married quickly after that.
I was going through the latter throws puberty at the time, so I really enjoyed it. :P
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Omph - was that actually her avatar???? :shock: Chanilover's avi over at T(A)U is soooo much funnier now! :lol:
That was it. :lol:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Omph - was that actually her avatar???? :shock: Chanilover's avi over at T(A)U is soooo much funnier now! :lol:
That was it. :lol:
I gave her the "Crazy Cat Lady" title.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 42

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised, I'll be in my bunk...
~Pink Snowman
distrans

Post by distrans »

how do you think the BT got all access to all these dead idaho's cells?

either they had infiltrated leto's inner sanctum for thousands of years running
or leto was shipping them samples after each one demise...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

distrans wrote:how do you think the BT got all access to all these dead idaho's cells?

either they had infiltrated leto's inner sanctum for thousands of years running
or leto was shipping them samples after each one demise...
I can't really discuss that here without spoiling later revelations in the books.

Ask this question outside of the Reading Group, please.
~Pink Snowman