Chapter 33

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 33

Post by Freakzilla »

I remember friends from wars all but we forgot.

All of them distilled into each wound we caught.

Those wounds are all the painful places where we fought.

Battles better left behind, ones we never sought.

What is it that we spent and what was it we bought?

-Songs of the Scattering

Before the crucial day, Burzmali had studied the geography around the no-globe and found a huge pilingitam tree on the ridge above. They grew from a large hollow in the center, were anti-fungal, fire resistant and insect proof. He dug a tunnel into the hollow and set up his command post their, the tree masked them from lifeform scanners. They watched Lucilla and Duncan's flight through night vision, Teg's progress was easy enough to see from the violence erupting around him. Lucilla and Duncan hide under the tree and are dragged inside by Burzmali's men, two decoys continue up the ridge. They are hustled into a groundcar and see dozens of other cars and thopters take off as decoys. The tree explodes around them and the groundcar flies down the hill past Tegs position. When clear of the fighting it stops and Burzmali yanks them out into a ditch and covers them with a lifeshield blanket. The car continues on autopilot, up into the sky then explodes. They procede up to a cleft in some rocks and wait while more groundcar decoys explode. Then they go into a room carved into the rock where they are met by people with strange accents, possibly from The Scattering. Burzmali argues with one of them about disguises. An old woman in a dragon robe similar to Lucilla's enters and silently studies Lucilla. She reveals the she is going to save their skins and begins to disrobe. She says they killed a Honored Matre postulant for her robe, which she is proud of. The plan is for Lucilla to be disguised as a Honored Matre playfeme with Burzmali dressed as a field worker customer, Duncan is small enough to be disguised as a Tleilaxu Master and will go seperately, she takes off the dragon robe for Lucilla. The woman, Sirafa's body looks much younger than her face. She passes her hands over her face and the age lines go away. Lucilla wonders if she's a Face Dancer but none of the other signs are there. Even Sirafa's voice sounds younger now. Sirafa tells them she was trained specifically to kill Honored Matres and instructs Lucilla how to act as a Honored Matre and what to do if a "Divine" interups them. In the mean time, Burzmali has undressed and waits erect for Lucilla. She is distressed, this should be Duncan.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 33

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 33

Post by Freakzilla »

Sirafa is obviously a Face Dancer from The Scattering, yes?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman